UK theme parks from another point of view!

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Scarefest 2011

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Well if one maze used the Black Hole entrance... and one used the BH exit as an entrance, that could work in a way?
ImageImage

anorman
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 am

LOL ive just been on the phone to Alton Towers and they told me that COS and BH havnt been confirmed yet!!! where do alton get the staff? do they dig them out of a hole and then deny them access to the internet? ITS ON YOUR WEBPAGE ALTON!!!!

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Wow, was that the call center by any chance?

They have no clue about anything!

Try phoning the hotels reception or something, as I know the internal Scarefest Memo is out.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

anorman
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Wow I have had it told to me by a hotel manager now, COS and BH are NOT officially happening yet. Still sounds like although its on the website they arnt set in stone yet :( guess that is why you cant buy tickets for them yet. :P

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:26 pm

After all the news that we have heard about the Blackhole Tent and the fact they were both in the press release/website I'm pretty sure that they are confirmed.

And relating to the BH/CoS in the Blackhole Tent I think that this system could work:

(The Boiler House Pre-show area relates to last years small outdoor section)

Mattchu_19
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 pm

".Adam" wrote:
^ Sorry, but that's wrong...

Boiler House is 100% in the BH Tent. Carnival's location is still to be confirmed but I assume that will be housed in the BH Tent too now, seeing as CHS has a function (great booking towers, idiots) ;)

Quick question, where has it been confirmed that the mazes are in the BH tent? I keep reading all these comments about the location of mazes but i haven't found any proof to backup the theory they are located in the BH tent! Have they started work on it? If so are there any pictures? Or has a statement been released saying there in the BH tent? If so where is this statement?

Thanks

Mattchu_19
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:16 pm

"anorman" wrote:
Wow I have had it told to me by a hotel manager now, COS and BH are NOT officially happening yet. Still sounds like although its on the website they arnt set in stone yet :( guess that is why you cant buy tickets for them yet. :P

Im pretty sure Alton wouldn't have put the information up about the mazes on there website unless they were going to be happening! COS was new last year so there is no way they will have changed that for this year! We shall be seeing COS for a few years yet!

Jollylee11
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:01 pm

It could work but it won't be in the black hole tent, chances of that is very slim because of the new 2012 ride, they wouldn't have to time to put that in their, they need to rebuild and reconstructed the inside of the black hole for the dark ride, so untill its confirmed by alton, its a no no for the black hole tent [-X

AstroDan

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 pm

My concern over mazes in the BH Tent is the noise from nearby rides and attractions operating, thus damaging the ambience?

Jollylee11
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Thats true ^ The sound of Oblivion screeching underground really doesn't sound like psychopathic serial killers hide out, does it now :wink:

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm

I think once you are inside the actual mazes the noise won't be an issue, but queuing could be impacted.

However, perhaps Towers could use this opportunity to improve the general in-park ambience. Last year's lighting on Oblivion was the best out of the whole park, so maybe Towers will take this opportunity to extensively light/theme the whole of X-Sector.

fredward

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm just excited about going into the black hole tent for the first time in many many years!

Nostalgic nerd-gazm! :P

Jellyfeak
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Wayne Burton's latest tweet: "Ooooo launching the maze tickets tomorrow including EST for Annual Pass holders!"

To my understanding EST is 'exclusive scare time' :)
Everyones Unique...

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:58 pm

"Jollylee11" wrote:
It could work but it won't be in the black hole tent, chances of that is very slim because of the new 2012 ride, they wouldn't have to time to put that in their, they need to rebuild and reconstructed the inside of the black hole for the dark ride, so untill its confirmed by alton, its a no no for the black hole tent [-X

Who says the 2012 ride will be in the BH tent? ;)

They wouldn't need planning permission for the tent if they're planning on putting something in there...
ImageImage

taramistry
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 am

Hi, I recently booked a trip to visit scarefest in october. I booked room 13 (by the way if you quote sun offer with when booking over the phone they are letting you use the sun offer with a scare room or trick or treat room so works out quite abit cheaper )

I was just wondering though as its my first time there if anyone had any rough ideas on timings. I know roughly we have to be in our rooms for 9ish and we do have priority passes with the mazes included. But how long do the mazes take to complete on average? We were working out timings and when to book dinner and so on...

Any help or advice would be great... I am a scarefest virgin

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:23 pm

well terror of the towers has an average of 1 hour queue time and lasts about 5-10 mins. COS and TBH last about 3-5 mins and will probably have smaller queue's due to allocated times.

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:29 pm

does anybody know second day ticket prices from inside the park?

OvenChips
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 pm

"Jellyfeak" wrote:
Wayne Burton's latest tweet: "Ooooo launching the maze tickets tomorrow including EST for Annual Pass holders!"

To my understanding EST is 'exclusive scare time' :)

Your right, mazes tickets are now available online, and time slots! :D for smaller que's

Jollylee11
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 pm

"mrbrightside""][quote=""Jollylee11" wrote:

Who says the 2012 ride will be in the BH tent? ;)

They wouldn't need planning permission for the tent if they're planning on putting something in there...[/quote]
But they would need planning for landscaping and signs ect?

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:59 pm

From TT News:

As with previous years, Alton Towers are now offering guests the chance to book their tickets for the Boiler House and Carnival Of Screams mazes in advance online. The combined maze ticket is available for £12 (making it currently the same price as last year's offerings).

Upon booking the ticket, guests must choose a time slot: these are half-an-hour long, and range from 12:00-12:30 to 21:00-21:30, confirming that the opening times of the mazes will be similar to those of Terror Of The Towers (which will still be included at no extra cost). Tickets are available for online purchase here, or from the Resort Box Office.

In another exciting piece of news, Alton Towers have announced that annual passholders will be given the exclusive opportunity to preview the Scarefest mazes before the public have access to them, on Saturday 15th October between 12-2pm. Tickets must still be booked in advance but are available at a 20% reduction of £9.60, and are only available to the first 600 passholders to book.

Will you be one of the 600? As always, you can discuss this, all things Scarefest, and all things Alton Towers on our forums, or leave a comment below!