Out of curiosity what is the structure like at Alton Towers?
I've always imagined it like this:
But im guessing there's a little more involved by the looks of it.
If you're talking about rides. Then here is how the 'ranks' goTrainee Ride Host
- Must be governed, followed and trained by any one above them in rank - Trainees must complete so many hours on a ride to be passed off, once hours are complete. A test will be given on your trained ride by a ride assessor.Ride Host
- Is allowed to work independently on the ride and make decisions in regards to the ride. Must follow orders from Op but can over ride the op if the situation presents it's self.Trainee Ride Operator
- Basically the same as a ride op, just governed by an assessor. If things get too much, the assessor can take over. They're always there to act as a back up op. Again, you must complete so many hours of practical work before being able to work alone. For the big roller coasters. This is often a FULL 24hour of governed work on the ride. A test will also be given to determine if you can work as a sole ride op.Ride Operator
- Controls the over all operation of the ride, is essentially a team leader towards the ride hosts. Jots in all the paper work, manages cleaning, coordinates the team and break downs. Liaisons with control operations and ranks above them. - Ride Ops also work up within the same rank, You can't just become an op for a 'big' ride. You have to start of with something small, gain trust. Then ranks above you will authorise you for training on the next ride in the layer. For example. Blade > Ripsaw > Nemesis/Air. NB: To operate a ride, you must be passed off as a host on it too.Ride Assessor
- Also an operator, this person assesses trainees and is responsible for any training given. Must be ticked off and signed by said person. They are the official trainers.Assistant Area Coach
- There is 2 assistant area coaches, who help the area coach with tasks. Each assistant area coach is assigned to a ride. For example, one would work and help control the air staff and one would control the nemesis staff. Still all governed in one ride area. They also help aid area coaches in decision making and discipline procedures.Area Coach
- Manager of the entire area for rides, these are the go-to people who make decisions. They control what happens with the rides and staff. They motivate the team. Also if a code red is called anywhere on park, every manager has to respond.
I think that covers the best part of how it works, hope you find the info useful! :)