UK theme parks from another point of view!

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Re: Things people say about AT that you really hate!

Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:54 pm

"Rita is rough" NO.IT'S.NOT :x
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Danny

Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:58 pm

*Watching the Hex Pre Show*

Bogies!

Bogies!

Bogies!

Bogies!

BOGIES! I WIN AHAHAHAHA

#-o

Jem8472
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 am

"Luce" wrote:
That's one of the things that annoys me about Hex - when silly people start talking and they spoil my enjoyment of the whole experience. Even though I've been on it loads of times it still irritates me when this happens :)

I had to tell my wife off for this last time we visited. Carla and her brother were messing about in the video room and I told them off for pissing about as I knew there were some people in there that had never been on it before.

Bloody people I have to take to AT with me :P

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:15 am

Don't forget the people that scream during the first Pre-Show, and start going around poking people in the back :evil:

Blaze

Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:51 pm

"Jem8472""][quote=""Luce" wrote:
That's one of the things that annoys me about Hex - when silly people start talking and they spoil my enjoyment of the whole experience. Even though I've been on it loads of times it still irritates me when this happens :)

I had to tell my wife off for this last time we visited. Carla and her brother were messing about in the video room and I told them off for pissing about as I knew there were some people in there that had never been on it before.

Bloody people I have to take to AT with me :P[/quote]
Same, I went with some friends back in the summer who were messing around and not taking it seriously, it ruined it, and the amoun tof things wrong with it at the time made it even worse. :evil:

Nerdsticks
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 pm

"Oi mate can you tell is where The Nemesis iz lyk?" :evil: Use a friggin map!
*walking off hex I hear a crowd complaining and moaning consisting of* "Is that it?! I want my time back!" :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Th13teen is S*** mate you dont even go upside down or fast or anythin but The Nemesis is mint!" :evil: :evil: :evil:
Scarefest lunatic!

James
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm

"nerdsticks10179" wrote:
"Oi mate can you tell is where The Nemesis iz lyk?" :evil: Use a friggin map!

It's likely that if they talk like that they're too thick to use a map, or don't know what one is. :P

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:59 pm

"Someone got his [head/random appendage] chopped off on [inset ride], and they had to pay off the family [random made up number] so that the place wouldn't close down, [innnit]".

Always annoys me how many people say these things about every ride as though it's a fact.

Big Dave

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:37 pm

*Looking directly at Nemesis*

"Excuse me mate, does this ride go upside down?" ](*,)

Blaze

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm

"When they made Rita they ran out of paint, that's why the top is green, innit" #-o
"Rita was supposed to go upsyd down lyk, but they ran out of track, innt" #-o

I'm not even going to try to make sense of them.

I think it's just as bad when someone looks at a ride that plainly does not invert, and they ask if it does or not. #-o

Altonfan
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:49 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
"When they made Rita they ran out of paint, that's why the top is green, innit" #-o
"Rita was supposed to go upsyd down lyk, but they ran out of track, innt" #-o

I'm not even going to try to make sense of them.

I think it's just as bad when someone looks at a ride that plainly does not invert, and they ask if it does or not. #-o

I managed to convince my (at the time) 9 year old cousin that the corkscrew didnt go upsideown, just that it was quite steep. He came off with a headache and hurting ears. I feel bad looking back at it now!

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:33 pm

Hm, for me last March I went with the school and was telling somebody about rita and its speed, one girl persisted to interupt me saying it was 520mph, I just stood there and looked in disbelief. :P

AWTSW90
TT Member
TT Member

Things people say about AT that you really hate!

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:44 am

"Blaze" wrote:

On a non-Alton Towers related note, while working on a rapids ride at a certain other Staffordshire based theme park, I was asked numerous times throughout the season if it 'goes upside down'! Same goes for pirate adventure! (in case it wasn't clear which park I was referring to :P) it's baffling! I'd love to make a list of moronic questions I've been asked or ridiculous statements I've overheard, some of them are priceless!
One of my personal favourites, also on pirate adventure, was 'Sit at the back! it goes faster!!!'
... I'm still trying to work that one out...

gosling
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:40 am

"No you're wrong, I know everything about Alton Towers, you saying something wrong gives me an enormous sense of superiority and you're obviously thick because you don't know these things"...

It's a theme park. Meant to be fun and easy going really. I'm the opposite to everyone here and don't care so much when people make clearly oblivious statements. I'd get more annoyed if someone spent all day correcting factual mistakes and giving me the run through of the inner workings of the park.

Just get on "the" Nemesis and enjoy it. Even if you have to sit next to the geezer who's friends cousin lost his arm on it.
~ Good try but not this time ~

TurboJ
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:39 pm

My dad when listening to the Nemesis backstory:

"It's just a roller coaster."

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:10 pm

"TurboJ" wrote:
"It's just a roller coaster."
Both me and my brother hear this a lot. When he programs his video games and I go on about theme parks there’s always someone with that statement.

To them it may be true, but I could make the same statement about loads of other stuff.
It's just a football game.
It's just a celebrity you’ve never actually met.
It’s just a... well you get the idea :wink:

Life is full of "It's just a" but how boring would it be if you didn't care about something.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:59 pm

"Nemmy" / "Nemmeh"

"Blivvy" / "Blivveh"

"Rippy" / "Rippeh"

...and out of AT:

"Rammy" / "Rammeh"

etc. etc. etc.

These are beautifully engineered hulking-great pieces of art. To hear their rather awesome names shortened, particularly in the case of Nemesis and Oblivion, to me, just ruins the magic somehow... :no:

*starts running...*

[Archive]

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:07 pm

I heard somebody call Nemesis "Nemsticles" once.

badger

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:02 pm

The 'I know somebody died on that' is a common comment. As is 'me sister fell out of the tyre thing and nearly drowned, she was only two but they made her sit in the tyre on her own, Mum was dead cross'.

I really enjoy it when your in a queue and the party by you has a Dad who thinks that he can explain how all of the rides work.

But my favourite was two folk entering the park and one commented to the other ' look they can't even make the castle look as good as the one at Disney'.

Blaze

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:27 pm

There's always the one who tries to explain how they work, thinks they know, but don't have the foggiest. I tried explaining how Rita worked once. Judging by the deep sleep everyone had gone into, I probably explained a bit too well :lol: