UK theme parks from another point of view!

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions 2011

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:40 am

Is the guy that draws the caricature pictures still doing them this season?? If so is he still on the path towards Gloomy wood?? I'm more than certain that's where I spotted him last year in August when I went, but I wasnt sure if he's there every year or if it was perhaps just a little extra thing they bought in for summer hols etc. I am going next friday (9/9/11) and really want one done!! I just found him on you tube they are fantastic! Also does anyone know of the price of the drawings?? Thanks!!!

djtruefitt

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Yes I think there are a couple of different people who draw the pictures, they have been there every time I have been this season. And yes they are still down towards Duel on the path.

JoshM

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am

Is there any discount when you renew an annual pass?

Thanks in advance!

SIMR
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:02 pm

^ Yep. Presuming you have a standard pass, it costs £108 to renew, compared to £140.40 to buy. If you have a premium pass it's £129.60 to renew, £167.40 normally. You can find all other information here: http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/what_ ... newals.asp :D

Keira
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm

There's an offer on here for parents and toddlers: http://www.altontowers.com/special-offe ... ndtoddler/

But when I submit the form it just takes me back to the same page, with no download link. =( Does anyone know what I can do about this?

James
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:32 pm

"Keira" wrote:
There's an offer on here for parents and toddlers: http://www.altontowers.com/special-offe ... ndtoddler/

But when I submit the form it just takes me back to the same page, with no download link. =( Does anyone know what I can do about this?

A download link came up for me.

Here's a direct link to the voucher for you anyway. You have to put in personal details on the voucher too anyway.

http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... oddler.pdf

Hope that helps. :)

Keira
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Thank you! =D

Pricey ;)
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Recently got my Merlin Anual Pass from alton and ended paying £130 for a premium pass!

Anyone got any tips on when to use it for discount and if theres any unadvertised offers?

djtruefitt

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Well at Alton (and other Merlin places) you get 20% off things such as food and drinks (not branded food, eg kfc, burger king) and anything from the shops such as tshirts, mugs, toys, etc, etc. That also covers the hotels at Alton as well as the theme park. I belive you also get a discount at the golf and the waterpark.

ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Hey everyone,
Just wondering if when you leave the park when it closes you can visit Splash Landings and have a coffee or something in Ma Garrita’s, even if you aren't staying at the hotel. Or is this bar for hotel guests only?

Macca79
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 am

"ryanlovesaltontowers" wrote:
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if when you leave the park when it closes you can visit Splash Landings and have a coffee or something in Ma Garrita’s, even if you aren't staying at the hotel. Or is this bar for hotel guests only?

You can use everything but the resturant in the hotels as a none guest. Hope this helps.

rct3wild
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:38 am

I was told that the hotel restaurants only served non guests before 6pm

ellie.gg
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Anyone know the prices for Flambos these days :D? going in 5 days:D

AstroDan

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:35 pm

£19.95.

Annual pass gets 20% off.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

warren90
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:34 pm

i went last week and my mate say at the Th13teen entrance it say sw6 on it. i spent well over(or nearly) 30 mins trying to find. i cant sleep till i no if its there or not
[/b]"Where the Magic Comes Alive"[b]

MinteButtons

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Kind of a silly question but how scary is Terror of the Towers?
Keep in mind that this is coming from the girl who finds Duel and Pirate Adventure terrifying. :P

.Will

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Very jumpy. So in that sense yes. Otherwise it isn't too bad but it will make you scream, I refuse to go in Duel (becuase of that :censored: spider) but I did do TotT and it wasn't all that bad.

Apart from the strobes which gave me a headache but it's nothing pills can't sort.

:P

LordOfDarkness
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:57 pm

"ellie.gg" wrote:
Anyone know the prices for Flambos these days :D? going in 5 days:D

Around £11 for adults at tea time, And £6 for children, I suggest you go into Alton itself and there's one as your coming up out of Alton Towers on your left called the white horse as soon as you enter Alton itself... was suggested by a Ride Op and it was lovely :)

Flambo's rip you off with drinks aswell...

Hope that helps :)

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm

It's a lot more than £11! It's somewhere close to £20 per adult in the evening :)

Some people dislike it but I honestly think Flambo's is fabulous, and worth the money as an occasional treat.

AstroDan

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:45 pm

It's £19.95 as I posted before. It's hardly fabulous. It's moderate. Starter selection is non existant.

Was only £16.95 a year or two ago. Used to go quite a lot but don't now.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk