UK theme parks from another point of view!

Crofty

Alton Facebook Annual Pass offer

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 am

Not sure we should be publishing this after last months Facebook "Amazing" hotel offer :P but it's worth a heads up anyway.

Alton Towers
Coming soon – our best ever discount offer for the Alton Towers Theme Park Annual Pass - Exclusive for our Facebook Fans! Watch this space….!

Sounds interesting and some additional information from the FB comments from Alton towers suggest that it will be cheaper than last year and still include free parking!
Current prices are:

Individual £89, Renew £75
Family 3,4,5 & 6 £71 or £60 to renew.

I wonder how low they will actually go? They will have to knock a bit off as the Merlin pass is almost as cheap at the moment.

[url=http://www.facebook.com/altontowersresort" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/altontowersresort[/url]

:D :D

Dean

Re: Alton Facebook Annual Pass offer

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:35 am

I paid £60 back in the day when they first launched there own Annual Pass, so it needs to be under £60...

I'm guessing 50% off there new Premium AT Pass £49.50...

djtruefitt

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

One of the replies Alton gave to their status was

Thanks for all of the comments and feedback! Our new Facebook offer will be launched in the next day or so, it will be the cheapest ever Alton Towers Annual Pass and will include free parking - the offer will be limited and exclusive to our... fans!

Our curent passholders are also important to us and as such we have some fanastic renewal discounts lined up for this season! Whats more you can always buy under the offer launching shortly and redeem when your pass expires!

p.s remember if you already hold a pass you will continue to receive parking until your pass expires!

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:46 pm

It has to be cheaper than £70 as that was the Merlin Annual Pass deal, my guess is around £55-£60. Seems realistic :)

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

How much is the renewal gonna be then ?!

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:54 pm

You don't. You buy a new pass and redeem the voucher when you need to renew.

Are you thirsty?

Emrys
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:32 am

"Alton Towers Facebook" wrote:
Our BEST EVER price for an Alton Towers Resort Theme Park Annual Pass!

Exclusive to our Facebook fans we have an unbelievable deal - a 12 month Annual Pass for Alton Towers Resort Theme Park for HALF PRICE - just £49.50 per person for a whole years entry!

This offer is for the Alton Towers Premium pass which includes:

- Entry to the park for the 2011 Season, including all events (excluding Concert dates)
- Free Parking
- 20% off Shopping, Food and Drink
- 20% off Hotel Stays, Waterpark and Golf!
- Many more benefits and discounts!

This offer is so good, we are limiting it to the first 500 passes! Meaning you need to be quick- Buy now to ensure you grab our cheapest ever Alton Towers Theme Park Annual Pass!

To claim - just click on the below link:

[url=https://secure.altontowersresort.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreView?storeId=10651&productId=90141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://secure.altontowersresort.com/we ... ctId=90141[/url]

Terms and conditions
- Offer is exclusive to Facebook Fans of the Alton Towers Resort
- Half price offer is valid on individual Alton Towers Premium Passes only. Families should select the amount of passes required. Excludes Merlin Passes.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion
- The above link will expire once 500 passes have been sold, or Monday 31st January (which ever is soonest).
- Passes will be dated from date of collection at the Theme Park - passes bought under this Facebook offer must be collected within 6 months of purchase
- Usual Annual Pass Terms and Conditions apply
- Existing Alton Towers Annual Pass holders (who purchased prior to 27/01/2011) are entitled to the same perks and benefits of the new Premium Pass.

Better than we anticipiated. Very good deal, shame it's only for 500 people mind.

Moley

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am

"Dean" wrote:

6 numbers between 1 and 49 please.

Colossus
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 am

Its a decent price I suppose...

So the Premium Alton Towers pass will be £99 and the Standard (without car parking) will be £84

Interesting to read the T&C's for the Standard Alton Towers Pass..

8.Additional charges apply for entry into:
8.any concerts taking place at the Attraction;
9.any themed special events taking place at the Attraction;
10.all Christmas event openings;

I wonder if this signifies a £5 charge for Scarefest, just like Thorpe ? :?

Balb0wa
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:21 am

very good deal, my merlin pass runs out in june, so this will do nicely, only goto alton towers as well,hehe

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:54 am

"Colossus" wrote:
Its a decent price I suppose...

So the Premium Alton Towers pass will be £99 and the Standard (without car parking) will be £84

Interesting to read the T&C's for the Standard Alton Towers Pass..

8.Additional charges apply for entry into:
8.any concerts taking place at the Attraction;
9.any themed special events taking place at the Attraction;
10.all Christmas event openings;

I wonder if this signifies a £5 charge for Scarefest, just like Thorpe ? :?

Dunno, pretty sure that its been in the T&Cs for a couple of years now - but just don't use it.

Tbh, why should they use it? It's not like they get capacity issues, unlike thorpe used to.

Dean

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

"Moley""][quote=""Dean" wrote:

6 numbers between 1 and 49 please.[/quote]

Was a good guess wasn't it... :P

Shame I don't study the Lottery, rather than AT's passes.

Think i'm going to go for the MAP upgrade option, least everything will be included as I'm sick of all these pass changes, but Alton re-opens soon so that will take my mind off them, but I knew they were coming... :(

Crofty

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Credit where it's due. This is a fantastic offer. :D :D

JoshM

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 pm

I love how free car parking is in bold. :P

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:50 pm

That is a very good offer, credit to Towers!

It is also worth noting this though I think:

"Entry to the park for the 2011 Season, including all events (excluding Concert dates)"

Another thing suggesting that there may well be one or more concerts at the Resort this year, I get the feeling that it is only going to be a matter of time before something is announced!

:)

James
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:11 pm

"Alton Towers" wrote:
We have officially sold out of the 500 HALF PRICE Annual Passes! In less than 7 hours!

They went much quicker than we expected and want to let everyone have the opportunity to buy... so good news...

WE HAVE EXTENDED THE OFFER! We have added 500 more to the offer, but be quick - they'll be gone tomorrow!

The offer seems to be very popular. It is fantastic value for money, a very good offer. The only thing I think is a shame is the new standard and premium passes, but ah well, it's just following in the steps of the MAP.

Balb0wa
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:16 pm

i think alton will be expecting a tough time this year, lots of familys dont have the spare cash like they used to.

im sure more good offers will happen.

Maelstrom
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:27 pm

many people will be on tight budgets but the same can be said during the last 3 seasons and the park has seen some of its highest guest numbers since the late 90's. I am sure like the last few years we will see BOGOF's everywhere throughout the season. Thats one of the reasons the entrance price is so high is that most people use BOGOF vouchers to visit the park. I remember in 2005 when they tried reducing the number of BOGOF vouchers but guests numbers dropped so they were quickly re-introduced. The average amount guests pay per person to enter Alton towers is probably only around the £25 mark.

djtruefitt

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Well I got my discounted pass (and its my first pass!) I went last year about 5 times and even with free tickets and BOGOF I would have spent more than this, and with £5 its worth getting one of these passes. So hopefully ill be visiting alot more this year!

NickT04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Well you can't grumble at that offer!

Got myself three (me and two mates), got my Dad to rush home to make sure I got some - then they added 500 more haha :P

Also unless it's a "concert" of a band I'll hear on Kerrang! I'll more than happily stay away for the day!