UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adam James
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Oblivion - Now sponsored by Fanta

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:09 am

The thing is, Fanta could have worked so well with the Bubbleworks at Chessington... yet somehow they screwed it up by implementing Imperial Leather as the sponsor.. :roll:

One thing that has been making me think though after Astro's post is what sponsor could actually work well with Oblivion apart from Coke? The industrialised yet streamlined theme of the ride would discount quite a large number of sponsors from fitting in in my opinion, but Fanta couldn't have been less 'in your face' with their ride sponsorship really.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 am

Even my mildly-arrogant, non-enthusiast, once every few years mate said "don't look down...looking down's the fun part" with a confused tone when we went last week. The whole thing is ridiculous but it's (probably) a three figure sum that goes onto the accounts and makes the park look more profitable at the end of the financial year.

WillPS
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Three-figures? I bloody hope it's a bit more than that!

James
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

"WillPS" wrote:
Three-figures? I bloody hope it's a bit more than that!

This is Alton Towers we're talking about here. :wink:

They'd do anything for one figure, let alone three, as long as it fills up their back pockets they don't care how many figures are in the equation.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Ha ha ha! I actually meant to say six-figure, but James' point stands!

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 am

Any update on how this is looking? Have any more of the Fanta signs fallen off, or have any been repaired?
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

.Will

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Everything is still pretty much the same, well it was yesterday. The large sign in the tunnel has not been replaced after being torn down.

:)

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm

I too hate seeing the park / resort get vandalised yet if somehow the remaining Fanta logo gets ripped off of the wall it won't bother me too much :wink: ...

djtruefitt

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:04 am

I have just seen this on Facebook and I thought I had to post a link to it here:

http://apps.facebook.com/king-of-the-park/?type=discovery

Its some kind of create your own theme park game on Facebook, which im sure many people on here will love, however you might not love it so much when you see its called Fanta King of the park! It seems to be a theme park world type game, but with plenty of Fanta.

Heres a quote from it "King of the Park by Fanta let you create your own Less Serious theme park where you visitors are your friends. More Fanta Less Serious."

Crofty

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:41 am

Now this is better. Can we please get rid of the on park Fanta now? at least from around poor Oblivion. :)

Adam James
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 pm

For those interested in the new 'King of the Park' game, i've managed to write up a brief article about it on Airgates. -insert plug here- :lol:

It is quite a fun game, but unfortunately everyone is limited to 10 mini-game plays a day which kind of limits the longevity factor of playing it daily. But I can't grumble at the prizes though.. :)

addy2503
TT Member
TT Member

Oblivion - Now sponsored by Fanta

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Perhaps they could make the station smell of fanta

WillPS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm moving home - anybody want my "More Fanta, Less Serious" fridge magnet (that I got with an order from Sainsbury's last year)? :P

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:37 pm

The big poster seems to now have been completely removed from what I could see today, just a white painted wall. (Looked like it had been taken off and not painted over).

.Will

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 pm

It has been like that for ages.

:)

Blaze

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Was like that when I went last week.

*Remembers a trip report is overdue*

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh okay its just I saw a picture of it still being up on the previous page which was dated the 5th, so thought it might have been a recent happening. :P

ATJoseph
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Im Going In September Hopfully all the Chavs will have painted black and tore down the fanta stuff While The parks closed? :mrgreen: :arrow: :|

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi, on my visit here yesterday I really struggled to see any Fanta theming, the only notable theming I can remember is the rehydrator and station, I may just not have noticed it, my mind was on other things (first time on oblivion) But I'm pretty sure the wall in the tunnel had been cleared completely. Maybe someone can confirm this on the next visit.

Dormiens-Dave

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:30 pm

The wall in the tunnel is no longer Fanta'd as the damage it received was to much so it was removed. Also Merlins Chief Executive in his letter to TowersTimes agreed that it was not sympathetic to Oblivions theme. It has to stay due to contracts but hopefully it will be cleaned up a bit.