UK theme parks from another point of view!

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Scarefest 2012: General Discussion

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Heading there on the 31st. Yep on Halloween!  8)

Based on what I heard so far, I hope its not as bad as the staff preview day, considering I have brought the scaremaze tickets today.

amy0192
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Anyone gonna go check it out on the preview weekend?:-) I'm going on the 20th. Just wanna know if there's been the unnecessary improvements from last year and hear a bit about the mazes! Let us know how it is:-)
Don't be scared to walk alone, don't be scared to like it.

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:06 pm

magicman85 wrote:
redpiggy wrote:
Just looking for peoples opinions here.
What do you reckon is the best time to book the scaremaze tickets for? And why?

Not much difference in anytime of the day as its all indoors... Nothing is different apart from the price's. Be smart and go for the £9.00 time slots and save all the darkness for the ride's.

I was wondering if this was the case, but assumed that they wouldn't be due to the rise in cost for ones during dark hours! hmmm may get the cheaper ones then instead!
Also, am I going to look like an idiot if I scream and jump a lot? :P

magicman85
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:41 pm

redpiggy wrote:
magicman85 wrote:
redpiggy wrote:
Just looking for peoples opinions here.
What do you reckon is the best time to book the scaremaze tickets for? And why?

Not much difference in anytime of the day as its all indoors... Nothing is different apart from the price's. Be smart and go for the £9.00 time slots and save all the darkness for the ride's.

I was wondering if this was the case, but assumed that they wouldn't be due to the rise in cost for ones during dark hours! hmmm may get the cheaper ones then instead!
Also, am I going to look like an idiot if I scream and jump a lot? :P

Not at all... You get full grown men screaming lol.....

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:54 pm

ImURNemesis wrote:

Based on what I heard so far, I hope its not as bad as the staff preview day, considering I have brought the scaremaze tickets today.

You're going on Halloween? Good luck! I went on Halloween the first time I ever went, didn't get in the park until 3, only managed to ride Air, Hex and Duel :roll: Never again :P

hypohamish
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:07 am

After communicating with fellow staff members, I have been reliably informed that Terror of the Towers is the best maze this year, followed by Carnival of Screams. The Sanctuary isn't worth the wait or money, and Zombies remains un-opinionated as it was closed (but uses pretty much the same scenery/props that it did last year, so it should be roughly the same)

For those who aren't aware, the locations are as follows:

Carnival of Screams is on the path going past Sonic Spinball up to X-Sector (As Carnival of Screams takes place in and around the 'Goal striker' building).
The Sanctuary & Terror of the Towers are both located inside the towers, and can be reached via the old/normal Hex exit.
Zombies Scarezone is located just before you enter the towers grounds, at the little intersection/confectionery kiosk just outside the main archway (Just down from the old Hex exit/where the other two mazes are). You turn left here and make your way along, and it's on your right, in a staff-path that connects through to just outside Dark Forest :)

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:03 am

why is the sanctuary not worth it? the review posted on TS sounded great!

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:37 am

Personally, I'm going to reserve judgement until I've done The Sanctuary - it's sometimes all down to people's individual opinion.  It may well turn out to be a weak maze, but I'm looking forward to finding out how it compares to others :)

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:25 am

Hay guess what! I was just on Towersnerd LIVE and I saw a pic of COS but it looked like there was an outdoor section there. Any thoughts or comments?
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 am

This Years Zombie Scare zone - ive always wanted to know, wtf is that big green thing thats located behind Dark Forest all year round?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

ImURNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 pm

joshc807 wrote:
ImURNemesis wrote:

You're going on Halloween? Good luck! I went on Halloween the first time I ever went, didn't get in the park until 3, only managed to ride Air, Hex and Duel :roll: Never again :P

Thanks for the reassurance!  :P

I gonna head there at a very early start and try and get there for about 9 in the morning and hope for the best. Since the parks open till 9pm I won't in a big rush to head back. Plus, theres always fastrack to go for!

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:18 pm

From what I am hearing the reviews for The Sanctuary are coming out with outstanding, amazing, best maze Towers have made! Can't wait for the 29th, 30th and 31st! :D
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

Randomizer462
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Is Victor Hamble in the Carnival this year?? Scarefest Looks amazing This Year, Shame i can't go now

SecretWalnut
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:08 pm

I wonder how the first day of the preview is going???...

marita
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Tbh it's pretty rubbish. There is no atmosphere. I'm shocked I was so excited but feel really let down

altontowers101
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:34 pm

I thought it was great!I thought the atmosphere was sooooooo cool!
The Sanctuary is AWESOME. On TOTT our walk kind of got ruined as there was a 'technical difficulty' and we had to leave, but i did it again.
The Zombie scare zone was good but it was a bit short. From my personal experience Carnival of Screams seems to be a lot better than last year!
Overall the whole day of Scarefest was BRILL!!!!!!!!
:hinsane: :hinsane: :herrrm: :hhappy:

jordanc14
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Hello, just returned from a very long day at scarefest.
My personal favourite this year was the Carnvial of Screams. A great laugh and jump scares were plentiful!  :D terror of the towers remained virtually unchained but is still fantastic but The Sanctuary... Hmm. Well it was very interesting and unique but it wasn't very scary. I may have been unlucky but there weren't many actors and the ending was a bit anti-climactic. But, don't get me wrong, there were some fantastic elements thrown in that I loved! I think that with tweaks it will be great but, I think that is inevitable with any scare maze. I really liked the fact that thy give you The Sanctuary/SW7 logo stamp a you enter. Dont want to give too much away but I am very looking forward ti all the mazes again!  :)

RobStandley
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 am

I'll be there today! Can't wait will get some photos for you all!

Cheshire_Carper
TT Member
TT Member

Re: confused !!

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:22 am

wiggy wrote:
Hi,
on the AT ticket booking site they want £310 for 4 adults to visit (normal park and Scarefest tickcts each).
I've got these BOGOF vouchers....

Do these cover the park entry AND Scarefest? so it'll be £150 odd.. its all too confusing !!!!

thanks

wiggs

What product has these vouchers in? I would like one! many thanks all

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:51 am

Anyone know if there is any in-deph reviews (or any at all) of this years mazes preferably The Sanctury?
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(