UK theme parks from another point of view!

bilvy man
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Rainy Days at Alton Towers

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:03 pm

We have all had one, you dont bother to look at the forecast and you get to AT and it chucks it down, but does it get you down? Whats it like for you?
Last edited by bilvy man on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cariba
TT Member
TT Member

Re: rainy days at AT

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:26 pm

I hope we don't have these topics until March...

badlydrawnkel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 am

A few years ago I went for two days with my partner and it was at one point, terrential rain and thunder storms.  They had shut obilivion very early, so we resorted to squirrel nutty until that closed.  Then we had a mooch around the farm unti de decided to go to the waterpark, where the outdoor flumes were closed.  :|

[size=150] Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I always goto a theme park with a decent jacket etc so waiting in the rain doesnt bother me that much as lots of people tend to stop going on the rides if its chucking it down so i see it as a good thing.

RedLily
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Rainy days don't get me down at all! In my experience a rainy day is a quite day, no-one hardly there, you can get on more rides in less time. It's brill!

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:18 pm

The most intense ride experience I've ever had at AT was a few years back during a thunderstorm. Oblivion had closed so we headed to the RMT. Just as we got on it started chucking it down - a full on hail storm. It hurt so much as the RMT sped round the track. The on-ride photo is one of sheer terror!

Poison Tom 96

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 am

i have waterproofs so i look forward to wet at days. however it must be dry on the first saturday of the main season and the last Saturday of the season(ultimate fireworks)

TowersJake
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:37 am

I love it when it rains on park ! , firstly it isnt busy at all normally which is awesome. Nemesis runs awesome in the rain i think also you can take a splash on the flume (IF YOU DARE)

ATJakee Youtube Channel !

Kaycee

Re: Rainy Days at Alton Towers

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:09 pm

If it's really rainy, and COLD at Towers, then I really would prefer to go sit with a coffee/cocktail in the Hotels. Freezing and wet, I really haven't got the gusto in me to negotiate that entire park and its winding queuelines. :D If it's not cold, it's not so bad - but generally, I like all my days there to be sunny and bright. :( It's not the same all grey and rainy!

Rowe

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:56 pm

I've encountered rain a fair bit on my visits to Alton Towers over the years so I can't help but love it.

My first visit involved the gloomy weather in which I recall riding Doodle Doo Derby in a mackintosh with siblings without a single care. Another 3 years ago had heavy rainfall towards closing time, leaving me, my Dad and my brother on Air soaked then via Skyride running to Rita and... getting even more soaked. Then this year at Summer Spectacular meet, it just, y'know, rained loads.

SpinballEdders

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 pm

When i went it was raining towards the end of day and guess what was my last ride

The Flume :P

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:39 am

I don't mind the rain too much, as long as it's not too heavy. The rain was torrential during my Scarefest visit, and it was pretty miserable having to walk round with heavy, wet clothes on. It wouldn't have been too bad were it not for getting soaked on Ripsaw before.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!