Magrathea wrote:So, just back from the epic Beach Party Weekend, and a few observations:
- The new water feature in Splash looks REALLY good; I know some people are going to complain that the umbrellas have been replaced with metal barrel/bath esque things but it looks really good, and it's well lit, and there's a lovely little "Splash" sign towards the bottom of it
- The CAR now has lovely flashy lights, talks via a motion sensor, and has a button you can press to make the engine go and the windscreen wipers move. Absolute magic.
- The staircase in Splash seems to be having a new carpet fitted which looks AWESOME, especially for an area of the hotel used far less than most of the main areas of footfall.
- The new tipping bucket is FAR better than the old one, and best of all, it actually looks like a BUCKET! There have also been all kinds of random repaints and little things around Cariba, and I'm sure the showers are new, or at least improved .
- Dragon Bar's refurb is excellent and it feels really classy and nice, apart from the name on the sign obviously
- The column on the ship looks really fresh and nice
There's probably more I've forgotten and hopefully someone better than me will chuck a few photos up in the next few days, but I'm really rather happy with developments .
Magrathea wrote:- The staircase in Splash seems to be having a new carpet fitted which looks AWESOME, especially for an area of the hotel used far less than most of the main areas of footfall.PeteB wrote:Got issues with this carpet malarky as well. I mean come on, its been fine all these years and the hotel floors are supposed to be like a beach - all stones and sand. I haven't seen many carpets on beaches!
siralgenon wrote:mrbrightside wrote:Someone said its only half done at the moment? It could be a possibility that they painted the bottom half as a 'test' to see what it looked like? Alternatively this block colour could be just phase one in the re-paint. What's to say they won't go back and do more?
It's hard to judge until I see a comparison but I'd rather see the thing looking bright and new then tired and faded anyway...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's a before and after shot...
Whereas before the column was painted with blue, green and gold scales it now is painted block red with the odd gold star. (It didn't need painting in the first place )
Voke wrote:I was having a chat with my friend today, who as mentioned before in other topics works in the Maintenance Department at Alton Towers, and he told me quite a few things that have been going on behind the scenes. So here are the main points he made regarding what's been happening at the Park over the closed season :-
-Roughly 15 cracks/defects have been found in the Nemesis track, therefore these have had to be repaired/cleaned up ready for the main season.
-10 major cracks have been spotted on the track in the underground section of Oblivion. The repairs are taking place now.
- A certain part of Sonic Spinball track has had to be completely replaced due to it being fairly worn. I'm currently unaware of which section this is.
- They aren't planning on replacing Rita AT ALL in the next 5 years. At least.
- The Th13teen and Air Carriages have both been sent off for maintenance and adjustments, due to a few defects.
- He also mentioned that they've made a few errors in the construction of Sub-Terra regarding depth and height. I'm not to sure what he means by this, so if possible, I'll ask for a few more details on this.
I can assure you that there's no reason at all for the source of this information to be lying, and in the past, he's been pretty reliable due to his position at the Towers. I just thought I'd pass on some information which I believe is relevant to this Thread. Some pretty interesting stuff has been happening over the past few months, but apparently, according to him, the state of some of the Coasters have been dreadful. But hopefully, they'll get their act together for the 2012 Season!
CoasterCrazyChris wrote:I like the sound of these new effects on the car, but has this umbrella water feature ben fixed and returned yet?