UK theme parks from another point of view!

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions 2012

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 pm

synghters wrote:
Well i did purchase some for me and the mrs for 4th september and they worked fine and these were off ebay.

I personally don't see the problem ? if someone has bought some online and then realised they can't go then why waste them ? may as well sell them or give them to someone else and lets be honest is alton towers really worth £45 entry ? in my opinion no chance esp on a busy day.

Carry on. When you do get dodgy ones, don't go crying to the park. It's your own fault.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

synghters
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:35 pm

well i can't see any other way of them cancelling tickets unless they know the code on the ticket so if the code is not shown they can't do anything about it, theres no other way of tracking them.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:25 pm

IF it is legit. If dodgy dave makes some fake tickets and you buy them, perhaps then you will learn.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Ebays policy means if they are fake (which I highly doubt) you'll get a full refund.
Its just someone who has purchased tickets and realised that can't actually go on their selected date. Ho

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 pm

If that's the way you want to buy your tickets, get them bought... I hate when people get cynical and try to push their point.
They are there for the savvy shopper and as mentioned, eBay secure your payments with their T&C's....

Out of interest, how much do they go for on eBay and such??
Is it really any better than online or the annual pass over time?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

synghters
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:32 am

I've seen some go for little as £10 me and mrs got ours for £16 for 2 :)

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Quick Questions 2012

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 am

I would really really advise NOT buying eBay tickets. From personally seeing MANY people turned away when trying to use then, it's simply not worth the couple of quid saving.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 am

Well you lot save your money and risk getting turned away, I'll just not buy lunch instead.

Toke up...

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 am

synghters wrote:
I've seen some go for little as £10 me and mrs got ours for £16 for 2 :)

Fair play... That's way too risky for me though, I'll stick to my AP.

They are there to be bought I guess, just make sure you have a back up 2-4-1 in your wallet.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

synghters
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 am

My advice is be careful of the buyer you buy from check his feedback etc and just be cautious.

Liam B
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I really dont see the problem everyone is having with ebay. Buy the tickets (If they are as cheap as £10 then go ahead) get 2-4-1's and if you dont get in with those tickets cause they are not real then go get your regular tickets 2--4-1 and enjoy your day with £10 less which you can reclaim once you go back on ebay and report the guy. Simple as! Its really not a massive deal! If they are real the YAY you saved yourself a bundle!

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 pm

hambletwins wrote:
I really dont see the problem everyone is having with ebay. Buy the tickets (If they are as cheap as £10 then go ahead) get 2-4-1's and if you dont get in with those tickets cause they are not real then go get your regular tickets 2--4-1 and enjoy your day with £10 less which you can reclaim once you go back on ebay and report the guy. Simple as! Its really not a massive deal! If they are real the YAY you saved yourself a bundle!

Agreeeed!!

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 pm

As far as I'm aware Ebay won't touch the problem as they do say not to buy tickets of people and Ebay try their hardest to remove the listings. You would have to go through Paypal and then it may take a while and not even guaranteed to get your money back. If you are willing to take the risk and try and save money then go ahead - if it backfires on you and you end up paying more then its your problem to. If you are not 100% satisfied with the way it is then don't buy off Ebay - if you want to take the risk then go for it.

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:04 am

As someone who is trying to currently sell a £60 gig ticket because I can't go anymore for reasons beyond my control, I find it extremely frustrating when people mouth off at innocent people trying to make their money back because they think they know best.

It's perfectly fine to buy and sell tickets on ebay, why else would it have a "Tickets" category. You have about a 0.01% of being scammed, because frankly it just doesn't happen on eBay. The reason you hear all these horror stories of people getting scammed is because you go to a site like Facebook where there will be groups selling tickets, asking for the money from paypal and then sending out fakes, with no trace left behind of the transaction to prove it.

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 am

My dad has bought tickets for Drayton Manor on eBay for very cheap and we recieved the tickets with fast track tickets for G-Force  :shock:

synghters
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Its fine as i said just check the users feedback before you bid on them thats all, i don't buy from anyone unless they have alot of feedback and that they have sold tickets before.

rhejenko
TT Member
TT Member

John Wardley Talks

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi guys,

I have just watched a presentation John gave at the Towers Times 10th Birthday and it was a great talk so thank you for posting but I was wondering where I can find the talk he gave on Nemesis which he mentioned on this video I have been looking everywhere for it it is something I really would like to watch as I am a huge fan of Johns and indeed of Nemesis !!

So if anybody knows where i can find this talk he gave on Nemesis can somebody please post below :)

Thank you very much xx :)
NEMMY CHIC

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:38 am

Jammydodger wrote:
As someone who is trying to currently sell a £60 gig ticket because I can't go anymore for reasons beyond my control, I find it extremely frustrating when people mouth off at innocent people trying to make their money back because they think they know best.

It's perfectly fine to buy and sell tickets on ebay, why else would it have a "Tickets" category. You have about a 0.01% of being scammed, because frankly it just doesn't happen on eBay. The reason you hear all these horror stories of people getting scammed is because you go to a site like Facebook where there will be groups selling tickets, asking for the money from paypal and then sending out fakes, with no trace left behind of the transaction to prove it.

It is not always fine to sell tickets on Ebay - proof is that they try to remove listings like The Sun tickets. If it was fine, then they wouldn't - I am not saying all tickets are forbidden, I am talking about Alton Towers ones since that is what we are talking about.

Lotty
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I agree with all of you, Yes you have to be careful when buying tickets, for the last 3 years i've bought tickets from ebay for scarefest because though i put down scarefest week as my first choice they always send the 1st of November (What :x good is that!!!!)

they should change is so you can use it within that week and not just 1 day! but anywho (Touch wood) they've always worked and we've saved £40 odd quid! haven't bought any this year as they sent through a date i could use.

My advice is. it's the risk you take if you buy but ebay doesn't just harber bad sellers there are worse places to buy! it's a price your willing to pay if its goes wrong.

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)

Mikkel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Aren't tickets cheap enough when buying from the Towers site itself?

Save 40% when booking at least a week in advance seems a pretty fair deal to me