UK theme parks from another point of view!

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions 2012

Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Me & the Mrs have a MAP but she cant come on a particular day & I was planning on bringing a friend. Is there any chance of getting in using the turnstyles using her pass? I have done it before, but a while ago as she is usually with me, (much to my dismay:) ) but last time I went there was a separate Que for AP's? with an operator checking photo's...

I know it naughty but surely loads of people do it? can you still use the MAP's at turn styles? & what are the chances of them actually taking the pass off you ( as it says on the pass )

thanks

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:42 pm

They check photos now, the turnstyles don't allow MAPs, and you would get your pass taken off you.

They've done these slow, checking every single person, things purely down to the thing you're trying to do.

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:51 pm

^ thanks. Makes no odds to me my friend will just have to pay. Ps sorry if I offended you by asking just trying to save him some money. Is/was it a problem in the past then?

Lady Sol
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:07 pm

You can buy your friend a ticket by phone if you know when you are going 24 hours in advance. Merlin Annual Pass holders get 40% off tickets for friends.

See http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/for-passholders/perks.aspx for details.

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 am

Just a general question, I'm sure I've seen this before on here. If I go into AT with my MAP at 9am with a couple of other people that don't have ERT tickets - will the staff let them in with me or will they be turned back?

Thanks. :)

Tommy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Just a quick question, couldn't find a specific "How Busy" topic this year, might have overlooked it so I apolgise if this question has already been answered.

Planning a trip on March 26th or 27th (Monday and Tuesday respectively). Which of these two days would be quieter? Also, what sort of Q times would we be looking at? Went this time a few years ago but there wasn't a (relatively) major opening that year.

Appreciate any help.

Poison Tom 96

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 pm

How busy topic under trip planning and reports:

forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-towers-trip-planning-and-reports/how-busy-will-it-be-2012!/

I would say the Tuesday IMO but don't take it as gospel 

Tommy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Amazing I didn't think to check there. Thanks for your help.

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Im taking my mum next monday... going get 40% off for her with my MAP can she have ERT aswell ???

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 pm

----reece---- wrote:
Im taking my mum next monday... going get 40% off for her with my MAP can she have ERT aswell ???

Anyone know? I asked this just above as well

The Psychoaster wrote:
Just a general question, I'm sure I've seen this before on here. If I go into AT with my MAP at 9am with a couple of other people that don't have ERT tickets - will the staff let them in with me or will they be turned back?

djtruefitt

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:06 pm

The Psychoaster wrote:

I have never tried it myself, but I think they could let one or two friends in, but I suppose it depends on the staff member and how busy the park might be.

----reece---- wrote:

I think she should be able to, if you are buying the tickets before over the phone I would think they would be classed as prebooked tickets, which include ERT.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 am

Do Alton Towers offer a child swap service as my sister got free tickets but as her date on a week day they have 2 take there child with them.

DanteNero666
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 am

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Do Alton Towers offer a child swap service as my sister got free tickets but as her date on a week day they have 2 take there child with them.

Yes, its called Parent Queue Share, it works like this: Parent no1 queue's up for the ride whilst parent no2 looks after the children. Then after Parent no1 has ridden, parent no2 can ride without having to queue up.
Not sure where to get these from, probably guest services, or I would call in advance for more info.
Give me a coaster handshake!

djneice
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 am

How much are on ride photos this season? And I heard they do a wristband deal which you can use at all Merlin attractions via USB. Where can you get these from? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, pm me if needed.

Thanks Carl

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 am

The same as last year probably, £7 or something close.

http://www.altontowers.com/events/ride-photography/

There is no mention of the price there except for the photo pass. Which I'd highly recommend on a family day out.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:05 am

I believe last year on ride photos were in the £5-£7 region. Wristbands I think you can get either from Guest Services or in the Resort Box Office (both located on Towers Street). Although I'm not 100% sure on either of those.

Poison Tom 96

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:29 am

The USB photo band can be bought at any ORP point i believe

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:34 am

Wristband + photo pass is a great investment for a family day out. And they can be bought from most ORP points - though they can be a bit tempremental.

Also keep your receipts as if you get home and the photos don't work, you can get them recovered by the park by telling them the photo numbers on the receipts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

djneice
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Just wondered if anyone has tried to book for the 50% off hotel prices with the SUN12 code.

i tried without for a saturday night, its said 193.50 and then i tried again with the code and came up at the same price..

are there any rules on when the code works etc??

thanks

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:08 pm

There are only a limited amount of rooms per night which the code can be used on - it might be worth ringing the hotel direct and seeing if you can use the discount code over the phone :)
ImageImage