UK theme parks from another point of view!

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:46 pm

DeanGaryCox wrote:
dazza4783 wrote:
Failing that, replace the flume with a decent water coaster, something like journey to atlantis, but with a pirate theme to fit into mutiny bay would be perfect.

On the subject of the flume, remember that fake newspaper article that was on the window of one of the kiosks at Alton, saying that the pirates had a new weapon coming from Switzerland to help them claim the Flume. Was that just to mess with the enthusiast community, or could it be that was the coaster that wasn't ready and so The Smiler was put in instead. Will we be seeing a B&M or Intamin in mutiny bay soon?

Where did you hear about this!? and what year was it up... as there were rumours, that sounded like they were true that Alton had planned to get a B&M but couldn't get one due to them being so busy so had to look for alternatives, got a gerst and now we have the smiler :) So the idea of the flume being replaced with something could be a possibility, just probably not for the next few years now :/

Here's the poster

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 pm

By the looks of that the company's swiss, so no B&M than  :cry:
Poop. Always

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 pm

ollboll9 wrote:
By the looks of that the company's swiss, so no B&M than  :cry:

B&M are Swiss, dude. ;)

Fishfingerish
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Worlds first B&M water coaster?
Towers Times' resident Muser

Oh yes! Please check out my YouTube channel if it's not too painful:
www.youtube.com/user/hpvideosofficial

danny_davies
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 pm

These are just ideas but,

Could AT move the blade to Mutiny Bay along with Ripsaw maybe (or move ripsaw) and put a coaster there?

Or,

Would it be inpossible to an underground coaster, near Gloomy Wood where most of it would be above ground but if things got in the way it would go underground

Only ideas - don't hate!
"Stoke City till I die!"

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Krazycoaster wrote:
DeanGaryCox wrote:
dazza4783 wrote:
Failing that, replace the flume with a decent water coaster, something like journey to atlantis, but with a pirate theme to fit into mutiny bay would be perfect.

On the subject of the flume, remember that fake newspaper article that was on the window of one of the kiosks at Alton, saying that the pirates had a new weapon coming from Switzerland to help them claim the Flume. Was that just to mess with the enthusiast community, or could it be that was the coaster that wasn't ready and so The Smiler was put in instead. Will we be seeing a B&M or Intamin in mutiny bay soon?

Where did you hear about this!? and what year was it up... as there were rumours, that sounded like they were true that Alton had planned to get a B&M but couldn't get one due to them being so busy so had to look for alternatives, got a gerst and now we have the smiler :) So the idea of the flume being replaced with something could be a possibility, just probably not for the next few years now :/

Here's the poster

If that is genuine from alton towers then that pretty much confirms the rumour about wanting a B&M (not on the air car park though), although weird how they would put it up when they hadn't actually ordered the ride yet from B&M, as it never happened due to B&M not being able to be ready in time? On the other hand it could have been planned to be an Intamin, but that doesn't fit in with the rumours. Coincidence, i think not... would love to see that idea in the near future as the major investment as it does say 'secret weapon' haha :D
Image 2014

TowersManiac0110
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:12 pm

The should put a launch coaster to replace the flume,and put the new ride into a pirate theme to fit Mutiny Bay.
Make it a 1.4m ride, too. Give it a few inversions.
This would be good, am I right? A "big" ride for an area with a lot of potential for one of these. :D

TheDarkStar
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm

I don't think Alton Towers would be the same without a flume. The log flume is a key part of the towers, so I think if they were to remove the flume, some sort of water coaster would take its place. I do think Alton could revamp the ride, but if they do remove it, I believe another one would have to be built, possibly in katanga canyon.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Does anyone think SW8 (A big secret weapon coaster) could be put on hold in the next high investment year, and instead get a decent family coaster, kids area, and a thrilling flat ride all in one year?
Image 2014

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm gonna try predicting the future here,  :D

The ride will be another worlds first and it will be like a underwater and underground coaster with some parts of the tracks on the site where the flume was. It will be pirate themed and most likely not have an IP on it making it original. The secret world first element will be that the coasters drops will be on water and the banks and turns will be mostly controlled with water also. I see the ride heavily themed because Alton have taken in the praise and positive reception the smiler got because of it's themery.

I also see mutiny bay being spread out more into the flumes direction to make way for new rides and NEW AREAS in the new future.

MrCpowMan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 pm

I don't think this has already been mention but something just clicked in my mind. If SW8 is in the Air car park that would explain why Alton just removed the planning permission for the lodges as they need that space for car parking when they build in the Air car park. I'm probably wrong but it does make sense for them to do that.

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Lodges planning application was withdrawn due to local opposition. Sw8 could have still been built in the Air car park even if the lodges had gone ahead. 

marmaliser.smile
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:54 pm

8)Wing Rider,definite,if you want ride spoilers,screem YES!!!(t's n' c's apply)#LOL

marmaliser.smile
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 pm

:lol:Alright,it's steel,in the x sector,replacing enterprise and submission
is to be moved to dark forest and it's called deadride and has use speed of 45mph with a 89.2
mortality rate as g force of 5.23.Height:50ft and i'm signed up for tes and first ride.

jclarke11
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm not that sure, but John Wardley saying they weren't going to build a wingrider so The Swarm could get the publicity at the time might mean they are still thinking about doing one....Not sure how they could do a SW of it though...

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm

First vertical drop on a wing rider.

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Therideman11 wrote:

I think that would be amazing! And if it was 4D then you'd still probably be facing forward when it drops and that would make it much better!

Although it would take away something from oblivion so I doubt it haha :)

Liam B
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Therideman11 wrote:

Technically it has already been done. Thorpe have the inversion drop which is vertical at 1 point. So It wouldn't be that. Also considering that they already have a vertical drop coaster I wouldn't see them investing in another one as it's not very original.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:08 am

marmaliser.smile wrote:
:lol:Alright,it's steel,in the x sector,replacing enterprise and submission
is to be moved to dark forest and it's called deadride and has use speed of 45mph with a 89.2
mortality rate as g force of 5.23.Height:50ft and i'm signed up for tes and first ride.

It would be nice to see a hybrid going in to towers, possibly to add a new theme to the park, of a small town with a beast behind it? Just slap a rocky wall on air side and some western looking houses on the other!
Last edited by Owen on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:45 pm

id really like to see a new secret weapon built somewhere that doesnt currently have any other SW's in it. spread them out a bit for goodness sake!

so, i say the flume site. as long as it has water elements i don't care.