UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Suppose FV is on hold then, oh well I guess this is good too....

:D MUST KNOW MORE NOW!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:31 pm

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Sawboss wrote:
Suppose FV is on hold then, oh well I guess this is good too....

:D MUST KNOW MORE NOW!

The Forbidden Valley plans were rejected :)

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:34 pm

I reckon there's been an Oblivion/Air scenario in which the plans have been swapped. Exciting times lie ahead :)

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Owen wrote:

Awww shame :( Oh well, this is the first big coaster I can follow the construction of from the beginning. :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:37 pm

OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited I can't breathe. Gonna be my first time seeing all the construction from start to finish as an enthusiast!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2219!
Ride count 2020: 446!
Cred count: 117!

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Time for some Conspiracy Theories!!!

Firstly, I 'believe" that the building behind that fence is Mexican Cantina with nachos and wraps, I'm not sure it's actual name. Also the sign is Mutiny Bay themed and therefore we can gather it's beside the Flume Site, if it wasn't already obvious.

Secondly, all of the Current SW's have either been World's firsts or Record Breakers (I think) Therefore knowing this and the park's history it's probably going to be one.

Thirdly, all of the current SW's have been roller coasters, so it is likely that this will also be the case. However, as of having them remove the Flume, one of it's water rides, it could be a 'water coaster; or something of the like.

That's what I think...... Can't wait

rbsmith18
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:40 pm

This is exactly what we wanted to hear, confirmation of near future investment that will bring AT forward. Suddenly the ride closures don't feel too bad, although I still need Hex to survive in some form longterm! Would love to see an updated LTDP now!
Mr. Smith

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Sawboss wrote:
Owen wrote:

Awww shame :( Oh well, this is the first big coaster I can follow the construction of from the beginning. :)

Take a look at this...

This could be the original plan, we just presumed that the coaster was going to be south of the prospect tower, not north...

EDIT: I didn't realise the plans were set to be 'near nemesis', oops :P
Last edited by Adam.W on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamster42
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:44 pm

Hype! I've been waiting for this day as soon as the smiler first opened. Whatever this ride is its in a great location too. I hope there is a sweeping drop like on Furious baco over the lake to see when going into mutiny bay.

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:46 pm

The screening application stated that the ride it was describing was 'nearby Nemesis' and also mentioned some of the F&B units in Forbidden Valley, hence why it was thought the ride being described was for that area as opposed to the site of The Flume.

Of course, there's nothing to say that there could have been other plans for other areas of the park which the Resort have since decided to go with instead.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm

So the Flume site ride is SW8 now... Very interesting. I hope that Wardley gets his woodie one day, he deserves it. :')

I'm calling MACK water coaster to be honest, or possibly something else? But it's very interesting they've come out with a code name teaser already, they definitely want to start the hype fairly early.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 pm

HYPE TIME!

Wouldn't like to edge my bets too early as to what SW8 will be, but it's really nice to see the Flume site being teased already. Hopefully this will provoke a more positive response from the GP regarding The Flume's closure.

This will actually be a bit nostalgic for me - the first time I ever went to Towers was soon after the SW7 teaser boards were up (so recent, I know :P).
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:09 pm

So, now the teasers are up, are we thinking 2017 or 2018? I'm leaning to 2017 only because it has been teased so early, it seems ridiculous to tease a 2018 attraction so early in 2016.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:11 pm

MakoMania wrote:
So, now the teasers are up, are we thinking 2017 or 2018? I'm leaning to 2017 only because it has been teased so early, it seems ridiculous to tease a 2018 attraction so early in 2016.

I guess it would depend on what they have planned. Until more details surface, we won't even be able to hazard a guess to be honest :)

DeanC
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Can't wait for SW8!!!!!!!!
Now we just have to wait and conspire about what it could be!!!
:yes: :D [-o<
DeanC

Favourite Rides: Maverick (Cedar Point), Nemesis, and Submission (RIP :()

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Just saying, but couldn't certain types of flume/water ride come under 'timber truss construction'? (Like big wooden supports or something of the kind)

Just depends if anyone makes water rides like that, and if the original plans are still going ahead.

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Finally, some confirmation that we are getting a solid investment after what has been an extremely tough season for Alton Towers. And I really hope that this is the sign of good things to come so fingers crossed for a 2017 opening! Very interesting too how it would appear the Mutiny Bay theme has been sustained. So I'm leaning more towards a family orientated attraction compared to a thrill. As long as it's not executed in the appalling way that Thirteen was in 2010, then I will be satisfied.

Whilst an RMC seems a bit off the cards, I would love to see some sort of wooden coaster here. White Lighting in Fun Spot Orlando has proven how modern day wooden roller coasters can appeal to not only thrill seekers but also families. Something like this on a larger scale making the most of the terrain around the area would create a spectacular family ride.

I'm still against the water coaster concept. I've never understood why in this country we've gone big on water rides in the past but it also seems like a plausible option with the attraction replacing a legendary water ride.

But overall, this is very exciting news.
Last edited by themealgang on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Dom wrote:
MakoMania wrote:

I guess it would depend on what they have planned. Until more details surface, we won't even be able to hazard a guess to be honest :)

I think it also depends if they have begun to clear the site.
Exciting times ahead!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:51 pm

Justin wrote:
Dom wrote:
MakoMania wrote:

I think it also depends if they have begun to clear the site.
Exciting times ahead!

They did mention on Facebook somewhere that they were in the process of arranging for the ride to be removed.