UK theme parks from another point of view!

tcw1993
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Look at the new coaster at PortAventura it's already built with a train already on the track but it's not opening to 2017.
I think it will be 2018 as this year they will hope the Smiler has a trouble free season and they get Charlie,Hex,Driving school,Wobble World and Sub terra looking like new and improved for 2017 will hopefully a replacement for Ripsaw.

The worst past is sub terra is a new ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Look at the new coaster at PortAventura it's already built with a train already on the track but it's not opening to 2017.
I think it will be 2018 as this year they will hope the Smiler has a trouble free season and they get Charlie,Hex,Driving school,Wobble World and Sub terra looking like new and improved for 2017 will hopefully a replacement for Ripsaw.

I disagree.

PortAventura's coaster does not open until 2017 mainly because they have the rest of the park to build and prepare. If it was just a coaster, it would theoretically open this year. Most of Charlie, Hex, Sub-Terra etc could most likely reopen some time later this season, so there's no reason why SW8 can't open in 2017 too. Would be very surprised if they're teasing this early on for 2018.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:36 pm

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-o ... o-11054888

Not sure if this has been mentioned.
2 or more new rides?
Whole new area created?

Exciting times for Towers, TLC and the possibility of a new area, upgraded rides (CATCF, Hex, Sub Terra (hopefully). Very exciting.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:24 pm

That is a rather interesting article from Birmingham Mail I must admit. The new park 'zone' is the bit that has interested me. Not sure how they will do that, but it will be very interesting to watch. #FingerscrossedforanRMC

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Exciting times ahead! I love this time in development! So much unknown and only time will tell. I'd love to guess what it could be be it could be something which hasn't even been developed yet....I'd love to see a massive water coaster type ride, replacing one water ride with another.

rbsmith18
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:37 pm

Does anyone have a screenshot of that Birmingham Mail article as the link posted above takes you to a page about SW8 but mentions nothing about 2 new rides or a new area. Have they changed the content? If so, why?
Mr. Smith

jamesc
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:50 am

Its funny how Alton Towers and Thorpe Park have both closed there flumes this year.

Maybe a double deal discount for two of the same ride type from the same company.

I am really hoping for a Water Coaster as its a ride type the UK does not currently have.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:20 am

rbsmith18 wrote:
Does anyone have a screenshot of that Birmingham Mail article as the link posted above takes you to a page about SW8 but mentions nothing about 2 new rides or a new area. Have they changed the content? If so, why?

The Birmingham Mail journalist who attended the Galactica preview yesterday has said the following on the TowersTimes Facebook page about their article on the prospect of two new ride developments;"That was actually incorrect as it happens. There was no confirmation of two rides or any other type of ride.Bit of a mix-up. We have changed that. In truth AT are letting nothing at all slip other than it is going to be AMAZING."

It could be a genuine misunderstanding or perhaps that it wasn't something that was supposed to be revealed just yet and Towers have requested a backtrack on the information. We can only wait and see...

rbsmith18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:57 am

lewis97 wrote:
rbsmith18 wrote:

The Birmingham Mail journalist who attended the Galactica preview yesterday has said the following on the TowersTimes Facebook page about their article on the prospect of two new ride developments;"That was actually incorrect as it happens. There was no confirmation of two rides or any other type of ride.Bit of a mix-up. We have changed that. In truth AT are letting nothing at all slip other than it is going to be AMAZING."

It could be a genuine misunderstanding or perhaps that it wasn't something that was supposed to be revealed just yet and Towers have requested a backtrack on the information. We can only wait and see...

Hmm sounds suspiciously like something was said that shouldn't have been revealed just yet, then was requested to make a retraction and cover it up. Bloody journalists!
Mr. Smith

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:48 pm

I was thinking this over, and I came up with an idea. Now I must stress this is only if SW8 does turn out to be an RMC attraction.

Vekoma are in charge of European RMC dealings (for lack of a better word). This got me thinking about the possible second attraction. It lead me down to thinking about the likely hood of this second attraction being a family boomerang coaster from Vekoma. I believe this would be plausible for many reasons including; Vekoma and RMC's relationship, family boomerangs have shamal footprints, they can be built swiftly, they're fairly popular attractions and finally, Alton is desperately crying out for a new family friendly coaster. The only two they have are 13 and Spinball Whizzer, so once Whizzer is gone what's left?

Just a theory but I think if Alton were to create a new heavily themed area, a two coaster deal much like Taron & Raik would be the perfect way to open it.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:58 pm

an off the shelf coaster is a cheap logical filler

tcw1993
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:37 pm

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:
Exciting times ahead! I love this time in development! So much unknown and only time will tell. I'd love to guess what it could be be it could be something which hasn't even been developed yet....I'd love to see a massive water coaster type ride, replacing one water ride with another.

I'd like to see it replaced with a family ride, cause they've got one less now

tcw1993
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:41 pm

rbsmith18 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
rbsmith18 wrote:

Hmm sounds suspiciously like something was said that shouldn't have been revealed just yet, then was requested to make a retraction and cover it up. Bloody journalists!

To be fair, if your chatting about a new ride or whatever in front of anyone, the last person you want be chatting about that new development in front of is a journalist, so I can see it being a mistake.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:31 pm

To be totally honest replacing with a coater seems a little illogical if no new flats are going to be installed. I know the GP go to ride the coasters but flats definitely help with queues.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:44 pm

It's got to be a family ride really. It'll be an own goal if you get a family arriving at the park and they go "lets do the log flume... wait, it's gone? It's big rollercoaster instead? That's a shame that used to be one of the rides we could go on together".

Watercoaster is easily the most obvious choice but would that be described as ground breaking? Are there any water type rides by any of the manufacturers that haven't been built anywhere yet?

Assuming AT have the usual restrictions on chopping down trees, that probably limits the scope of what they can build.

The area of the 'lake' and ride station is suprisingly large, slightly larger than the footprint of Duel and Professor Burp's bubble works so they could build a substantial dark ride there and if they follow the log flum path, a substantial outdoor section too.

towerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:02 am

What is that Walibi are getting? That's a new Rollercoaster incorporating water I believe. Maybe some kind of spin on that?

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:19 am

Looking at pictures on towers nerd live no work has started on the flume site yet.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:32 am

towerskid wrote:
What is that Walibi are getting? That's a new Rollercoaster incorporating water I believe. Maybe some kind of spin on that?

Pulsar

Looks an interesting water ride with a small footprint and a dual loading system which should ensure a good throughput compared to things like the RC ride at Disneyland Paris (which has a painfully slow queue). Only thing is, sounds like it actually has a semi-launched drop rather than pure gravity so it doesn't sound like it's a family ride.

Is a distinct possibility if they're going for a non family ride though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSg3-8dVApM

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:39 am

I would assume they would be going for a family ride too, something along the lines of Thirteen. There was talk of a large scale dark ride though, could that be it?

owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:02 am

Haven't ALL the secret weapons been thrill coasters though, I don't see any reason why this won't be at all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.