UK theme parks from another point of view!

Iwholden
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
at this point I really wouldn't read anything at all into them.

I hope you're right. Not a massive fan of the pirate theme.. But I'm sure what ever they do will be good.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:44 pm

I totally agree with what Lakey said, especially with those rumours swirling there is more than one attraction set to arrive and it will be an entire new area I'd doubt it would be Mutiny Bay themed. Although, we could all be wrong and it is a continuation of the Mutiny Bay theme (though I think the former is more likely).

zakwoolley1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:26 am

Just because the signs are up in Mutiny Bay doesn't mean that it will be in Mutiny Bay. If the coaster doesn't open up a new area it could still go in kantanga canyon or gloomy wood.
I would personally like a woodie in Gloomy Wood as it needs another attraction besides The Haunted Hallow and Duel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
CHECK OUT THE COASTER COUNTER APP:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nter&hl=en

RobHand
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:20 am

I agree. here are some examples of past SW banners around the park, they all begin with advertising the new attraction around the current theme of the area. Then they all get their own independent themed banner later into construction.

The first banners for the Smiler

The first sign of advertisement for Th13teen

I personally don't see a pirate theme happening, although we know nothing until construction starts

(Credits to both Towersstreet, and Towersalmanac for the images)

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:06 pm

RobHand wrote:
I agree. here are some examples of past SW banners around the park, they all begin with advertising the new attraction around the current theme of the area. Then they all get their own independent themed banner later into construction.

The first banners for the Smiler

The first sign of advertisement for Th13teen

I personally don't see a pirate theme happening, although we know nothing until construction starts

(Credits to both Towersstreet, and Towersalmanac for the images)

That Th13teen banner looks to be more associated with The Dark Forest theme rather than Ug Land.

If it is going to be a new area with 2 new rides then a Woodie could start further back in the area, and stretch over into Forbidden Valley like the formal screening option suggested it would.
Could even be a dueling launched woodie themed to Pirates battling against someone else.

Gravity
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:30 pm

I wouldn't mind a pirate theme to be honest! It would fit well in the area and even thought it's not the most original theme it's got heaps of potential.

scruffy_
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:50 am

i wouldn't mind it either

scruffy_
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:02 am

something like poseidon would be ace! themed to a pirate theme

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:21 am

Although I would love a pirate theme, I am doubting it and think the signs are done to fit in with the area not the ride. Firstly the Flume wasn't exactly a pirate theme and was more just placed next to Mutiny Bay, so SW8 could too have its stand alone theme. But I suppose it all comes down to where the entrance of the queue is for the ride. The entrance could go to any of the three areas near to the plot of land it will sit on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 pm

I think a lighter theme would be nice, even with an edge to it something a bit less dark would balance out the park nicely....like a refuge from all the horror and government oppression. :)

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:05 pm

They could do some dark pirates curse for the rides theme, it could fit both a thrill ride and a family ride also.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:41 am

I'm going to stick my neck on the line here and say that I think all the clues are pointing towards a new B&M.

That poster that went up a few years ago was before AT decided to change their mind and build SW7. At the time we speculated it was due to SW8 not being ready or needing more development.

Now it appears to be ready to put into production. Black's Marauders (B&M anyone?)

A modified version of a wing coaster (possibly 4D) could be themed as a sea monster, with splash down or water elements?

They are going to have to pull something special out of the bag as they need to attract back visitors after The Smiler's accident.

Lets see what they can do!

dementedde
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:08 am

I strongly disagree with everyone with their examples of why they think the ride will be themed differently to the pirates one their advertising now.

Here's why...

Someone said that The Smiler's teaser promotional banners was completely different to how the ride turned out. Yes, maybe the colours but the pictures showed inverted tracks... And what was the world's first element to this ride?

Someone also said about SW6 and how that construction/teaser banners theme was... well I'm not sure the point they was trying to make. Because the pictures on the banners showed trees and had dark colours. The ride turned out like that and also its land. sw8 is advertising a pirate theme which is what the land has got already, so this is merely stating that it will fit into this land.

Everyone over at the other forum on the Derren Brown's Ghost Train said the clues was too obvious for it to be a train theme and that Merlin was playing 'mind games' with them. Same happened for a brief amount of time with Galactica, with its theme and it's name.

This is definitely going to be pirate themed. Which isn't a bad thing

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:25 am

dementedde wrote:

So long as it done well, throughly themed and fully immersive. Oh and a great soundtrack from IMAScore wouldn't go a miss ;)

Horras64
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:20 am

dementedde wrote:

... I have evil plans for this quote... Kappa

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:26 am

I'm hopeful that the theme will be light hearted for a change based off the initial promo banner. Of all the SW's Air/Galactica is the only one that doesn't revolve around a sinister theme.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they start ripping down the flume in the next few months too.

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 pm

zakwoolley1 wrote:
Just because the signs are up in Mutiny Bay doesn't mean that it will be in Mutiny Bay. If the coaster doesn't open up a new area it could still go in kantanga canyon or gloomy wood.
I would personally like a woodie in Gloomy Wood as it needs another attraction besides The Haunted Hallow and Duel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really can't see it being connected to Gloomy Wood as there would be a conflict of interests between this an Dark Forest. The only way they could get around this is if they realigned Dark Forest more with the abandoned race track.

I think it is more likely to be connected with Mutiny Bay if no new area was to be created. If a new area was to be created then this would be a very interesting development for the resort. I'd love to see a magical theme adopted, something similar to Diagon Alley from Harry Potter, but not linked to an IP.

sashabraus
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Hey, on March 23rd I actually went there and of course they have started to remove the ground ect but you can't really see much. Just a small theory on it, I don't suspect it will be a large ride like the smiler, oblivion or nemesis and any other 1.40 restricted rides however I can say that its being built in mutiny bay (a pirate themed area) the ride is also near to the Katanga canyon... I have one other valuable source of information:

They are currently removing the last bits of track and waiting for the flume to drain out, my best guess is that this ride will be a new, better, bigger and more larger version of the flume given the current circumstances of the park

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:49 pm

I can't see it being Flume related to be honest. They need something that will make them a quick return and a Flume ride won't bring people flooding (excuse the pun :roll: ) into the park.
That being said, I honestly haven't got a clue what this could be

LucyGForce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi I'm new here! Joined up after seeing the SW8 banner yesterday at AT! I'm SO EXCITED