UK theme parks from another point of view!

schmatt
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8?

Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:01 pm

cookiee_munster wrote:
id really like to see a new secret weapon built somewhere that doesnt currently have any other SW's in it. spread them out a bit for goodness sake!

so, i say the flume site. as long as it has water elements i don't care.

I deffinetly agree, three coasters squished up in the top corner of FV just seams wrong. The area will become too crowded and the flow of park guests will be ruined. Personally I would like the next following SW's to be a water coaster or aquatrax on the flume site, an indoor coaster in coaster corner to create a large new area and a coaster on the overflow coach car park behind KC. Theres still plenty of areas the park could utilize to spread guests around the park evenly instead of just large crowds in x Sector, FV and DF. 

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:24 pm

The flume site is not very large though and is in the center of the park.. It also isn't really in an area, but is sort of on the edge/ in between areas so I don't think it would be practical to put a coaster there unless is was some sort of water coaster/ log flume.
Thanks to Lewis97 :)

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 pm

I hope they remove The Flume, Fit in a coaster (not a water coaster) and theme it around bathtime and so on, move Ripsaw there also and make that fit in, keeping the fountains. This will also leave space in FV for a new flat, hopefully Dark forest gets something to Drink some of the queue.
Poop. Always

oblivion
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Rob-TT wrote:
Lodges planning application was withdrawn due to local opposition.

We ALL know who that 'local opposition' is!

*cough* Ropers! *cough*
Just wait until I get my hands on them!  :punch:
Credit to Lewis97

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:05 am

Yes but I can't see the difference between the lodges and the ATH extension.... both will mean extra guests. Don't worry they will get the lodges soon and hopefully a better design than they came up with.
If you go down to the woods today

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 pm

sw8 will be a family ride on a large scale i think. the smiler / sw7 was a thrill ride so it only makes sense their next addition caters for a family target audience. ive made it well clear they need to replace the flume NOW

Oblivion115
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Im hoping sw8 will be on the log flume area and will be a family ride...it seems plausable it will be themed around this "captain black" pirate too...hope its a good sw though! Worthy of the sw name...alton will need to impress wih sw8 especially without john.

Thanks lewis97 for the signature!
Interesting fact: I play bass :P

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 pm

If it was a family ride, would they use the secret weapon title? as all the secret weapon titled rides have been thrill rides (even 13 to some extent) and all had some sort of secret, meaning the scare level is higher. Would this be sustainable for a family ride?

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 am

lucy2244 wrote:
If it was a family ride, would they use the secret weapon title? as all the secret weapon titled rides have been thrill rides (even 13 to some extent) and all had some sort of secret, meaning the scare level is higher. Would this be sustainable for a family ride?

i think over the years, the term SW has become more open to things. around the time of oblivion and air, an SW was always assumed that it would be a B&M. obviously thats now changed with the newer coasters. i know that ages ago, John Wardley always wanted to build an attraction similar to UNI's Spiderman obvs under the SW codename.

Secret Weapon can pretty much be anything that will be "BIG" ie big budget etc etc

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm

A seceret weapon is just a new rollercoaster with a new world first or world beating element!

Personally I wanted to see the flume replaced with a water coaster completely, but after riding it yesterday (one of the longest queue times) it just can't go! They have to keep the traditional flume!!
I think they could either replace it with a newer flume, same type but smaller footprint in the forest, and build a new rollercoaster beside it. Or they could completely refurbish it and build a new rollercoaster in the same area, looping and winding with the flume layout and they could maybe even have the same or linking theme!  This would give the area a boost as well if it had one of the parks big rollercoasters in it!
But I just don't think they will or can get rid of the log flume type ride completely!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:40 pm

RCandrew wrote:
A seceret weapon is just a new rollercoaster with a new world first or world beating element!

Personally I wanted to see the flume replaced with a water coaster completely, but after riding it yesterday (one of the longest queue times) it just can't go! They have to keep the traditional flume!!
I think they could either replace it with a newer flume, same type but smaller footprint in the forest, and build a new rollercoaster beside it. Or they could completely refurbish it and build a new rollercoaster in the same area, looping and winding with the flume layout and they could maybe even have the same or linking theme!  This would give the area a boost as well if it had one of the parks big rollercoasters in it!
But I just don't think they will or can get rid of the log flume type ride completely!

Not strictly true, a SW is anything with...
A high budget
Mostly a Europe/worlds first element
And one with years of planning

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
RCandrew wrote:

Not strictly true, a SW is anything with...
A high budget
Mostly a Europe/worlds first element
And one with years of planning

Well that's kind of exactly what I said haha..
Nemesis, European first inverted rollercoaster
Oblivion, the worlds firsts vertical drop
Air, the worlds first flying rollercoaster
Thirteen, the worlds first free fall rollercoaster
The smiler, the worlds first14 looping rollercoaster...

So they all have worlds firsts since nemesis (European first) and Rita was never a SW because it wasn't a newly developed rollercoaster feature.. :)

tharrison4815
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:33 am

seanyboyuk wrote:
sw8 will be a family ride on a large scale i think. the smiler / sw7 was a thrill ride so it only makes sense their next addition caters for a family target audience. ive made it well clear they need to replace the flume NOW

I would say that it would be another thrill ride from the current pattern:

Nemesis - Thrill
Oblivion - Thrill
Air - Family
Th13teen - Family
The Smiler - Thrill

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:59 am

tharrison4815 wrote:
seanyboyuk wrote:

Nemesis - Thrill
Oblivion - Thrill
Air - Family
Th13teen - Family
The Smiler - Thrill

What do you mean by family, the way I see it, Air is a Thrill coaster as well  :|

Altonmaniac231
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 am

I think it will be in the site of sonic or the flume  :D i love both of the rides but its time for a change  :D in the site of the flume maybe another water ride like tidal wave at Thorpe park  :D in the place of sonic maybe a flat ride ?????  :D :)
Xxx :D ALTON TOWERS :D xxx

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
tharrison4815 wrote:
seanyboyuk wrote:

Nemesis - Thrill
Oblivion - Thrill
Air - Family
Th13teen - Family
The Smiler - Thrill

What do you mean by family, the way I see it, Air is a Thrill coaster as well  :|

I think air is definitely supposed to be a thrill... And it has the 1.4m height restriction so isn't really for families like thirteen is ;)

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:28 pm

^ I see Air more as a thrill-family coaster tbh

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Have they really gone for a pattern as such, or is it just what the park needs at the time and what is in demand? because that'd always what I've thought, surely they wouldn't stick to a certain 'pattern'?

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:22 pm

I would guess SW8 will be a thrill ride, and I would not hazzard a guess it would be what we all thought would be the World First Element on the Smiler, the spinning section...I know its been said and probably would not happen, but it has potential, and could easily be incorporated, or the worlds First looping watercoaster! ;)

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:46 pm

I really don't think the 'big thing' about their next coaster is going to be anything to do with loops or inversions :lol: