UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Speculation and General Discussion

Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Brett wrote:
I don't actually think the "worlds first" statement has any weight to it anymore. After Th13teen its all become a grey area as to what a world's first is. In a way, I hope it's not got any secret element and we just have the money being plowed into theming of the station and queue line buildings and surrounding areas. My prediction...

"Worlds first secret weapon with decent theming in 20 years"

I would have to agree, a solidly themed coaster would be amazing. To be honest, they don't need to market it any other way!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:01 pm

It's a shame Air (back when it opened) and The Smiler never had its planned theming.. such good concepts! Hopefully there won't be alternative concepts with this ride.. and I'm glad they might of scrapped the 'Theming Structure 1' as it would of lost a good viewing point of the ride from the queue.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:23 pm

What does intrigue me is to why they want so much darkness in that maintenance shed, covers from the breaks right back to the station...why do they need it dark in there...

I'm thinking some kind of less crap mystic timbers ending where the Beoman try to burn you in the shed?

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:46 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
It's a shame Air (back when it opened) and The Smiler never had its planned theming.. such good concepts! Hopefully there won't be alternative concepts with this ride.. and I'm glad they might of scrapped the 'Theming Structure 1' as it would of lost a good viewing point of the ride from the queue.

I've heard about the plans for the Air tunnel but what was the planned theming for the Smiler other than the Marmaliser?
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:14 pm

They also planned for some waterfalls a for Air

viewtopic.php?t=26650&start=20

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:41 pm

That's awesome but I'm curious as to why they didn't give it much theming as all the other SW have a lot of or at least one large theming element.

Be Chosen...

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
What does intrigue me is to why they want so much darkness in that maintenance shed, covers from the breaks right back to the station...why do they need it dark in there...

I'm thinking some kind of less crap mystic timbers ending where the Beoman try to burn you in the shed?

Not going to lie, but I kind of like this idea, but its a family coaster, so its highly unlikely, which is a shame. 

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Dom wrote:
Ripsaw Raver wrote:
what does intrigue me is to why they want so much darkness in that maintenance shed, Covers from the breaks right back to the station...why do they need it dark in there...

[ltr]Im thinking somekind of less crap mystic timbers ending where the Beoman try to burn you in the shed?[/ltr]

Not going to lie, but I kind of like this idea, but its a family coaster, so its highly unlikely, which is a shame. 

Thinking along the lines of something happening in that enclosed section - we know from the plans that there is expected to be some form of preshow. What if this pre-show is the start of the ritual The Beornen make you a part of. Riding the coaster is the main section of the ritual, then the enclosed section at the end is the culmination of the process?

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Back to the seating positions, from looking at the Wickerman structure they could utilise back to back seating, maybe side on to the track, that might be a worlds first.

To paraphrase oblivion “Worlds First Side First”........ a terrible suggestion I don’t want to happen but I don’t believe they would use the phrase without meaning it.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Ladyofthelake wrote:
Thinking along the lines of something happening in that enclosed section - we know from the plans that there is expected to be some form of preshow. What if this pre-show is the start of the ritual The Beornen make you a part of. Riding the coaster is the main section of the ritual, then the enclosed section at the end is the culmination of the process?

Here is something I posted a while ago:

I googled "3 stages of a ritual" and this page come up. 
Here are the 3 stages as described briefly:

Separation Stage

The purpose of the separation stage is to acknowledge the problems and difficulties that make change necessary and to recognize the need for a person to separate from their former roles or identities that are interfering with peace. During this stage, there is a request to reframe unwanted change into an intention to change.

Transition Stage

This stage is often the turning point for acceptance or rejection of the change that is being offered. Participants are asked to leave behind the familiar and anticipate a new beginning without knowing what a new beginning will require. Old identities are let go while new identities are not yet secured. The transition stage of ceremonies usually focus on educating the participants on ways to navigate the desired change.

Integration Stage

The final stage of a therapeutic ritual is the integration or incorporation stage. This stage seeks to instill hope for a future that promises growth. Thus, the ceremony is closed with a sense of renewal and confidence that change can be navigated and that peace will prevail. A symbol is often given that participants can take home with them. They are encouraged to let the symbol act as an inspiration to continue with the change.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Ladyofthelake wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ripsaw Raver wrote:

Thinking along the lines of something happening in that enclosed section - we know from the plans that there is expected to be some form of preshow. What if this pre-show is the start of the ritual The Beornen make you a part of. Riding the coaster is the main section of the ritual, then the enclosed section at the end is the culmination of the process?[/quote]
I agree with Ladyofthelake and think that this sounds a pretty likely scenario but it will be interesting to find out in March :)
I'm also thinking and hoping that SW8 will just be a fab coaster with great theming which is very re-rideable :)

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:44 pm

I also agree with Lakey, as it seems like a simple enough story to convey to the general public.
Formally Smiler313

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 am

TheBeornen wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

I've heard about the plans for the Air tunnel but what was the planned theming for the Smiler other than the Marmaliser?

Sorry didn't reply sooner, check out these concept art images for The Smiler.

There were other concepts too which you can easily find.

Going back to the end of the ride, I agree that something will happen, but like people have pointed out this is a family coaster.. but then again so is Th13teen, I don't think we have anything to worry about with how the end of the ride could be like, if anything happens at all.

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 am

Apparently pictures of the sw8 trains have been leaked, but are not available on the surface web yet, and are just being privately shared

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 am

JC13 wrote:
Apparently pictures of the sw8 trains have been leaked, but are not available on the surface web yet, and are just being privately shared

Who's said that? If it's not from a reliable source I wouldn't pay any notice.. unless the trains are part of the event happening on the 8.1.18...

EDIT: Just seen the comments myself about the trains being leaked.. not to sure if I believe it to be honest.. all he said about it was "a great millennium flyer design".. couldn't give out anything more? Seems a bit off :-k

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 am

Wow those smiler designs make it look a lot more sinister and reminds me of SAW at Thorpe Park 

Be Chosen...

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:08 pm

We can only dream of what could of been.. anywho, it's almost 5 years outdated, so not much we can do now :lol

I just hope this ride has gone all out on theming and won't have an alternative, because so far the rides theming looks incredible! Especially the stone wall.. Hope the inside is as good as the outside!

Riley_B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

New Teaser!
SW8: Ignite your senses

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Wow! They finally showed both sides of the theming structure in a trailer! I got to see it in person yesterday and it is phenomenal to look at, lets hope the announcement is good!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 pm

With each trailer I get a little bit more excited. Roll on the 8th!