Page 338 of 338

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:44 pm
by Nickolai
My ride this season was probably my best one yet. It did feel rougher but that made it better in my opinion. More intense and out of control.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:51 am
by Mr_Gibson
It’s nice to see the flames are on today, I’ve been 3 times this year and this is the first time I’ve seen them on.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:59 pm
by Mikw
Mr_Gibson wrote:
It’s nice to see the flames are on today, I’ve been 3 times this year and this is the first time I’ve seen them on.

I've been six times this year, it's 50/50 on the flames count for me.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 pm
by Mr_Gibson
Sounds about right... :-/

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:36 pm
by BradWinterton
Slight brag here but me and my girlfriend went to AT yesterday and rode Wicker Man solo on front row, just us two in the middle of the day. Safe to say the ride hosts were baffled but such a great experience!

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:05 pm
by Swarm Chris
I've been there on a very quiet day where they were struggling to fill trains, but have yet to be there when it's that quiet! :lol

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm
by Justin
BradWinterton wrote:
Slight brag here but me and my girlfriend went to AT yesterday and rode Wicker Man solo on front row, just us two in the middle of the day. Safe to say the ride hosts were baffled but such a great experience!

Quite believe it. When I was there the other week, they were filling up every other train, so it was ideal for reride. I think I managed 4 rides in a row and even then these trains were not full.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:26 pm
by ProfBurp
I’ve been hearing that Wicker Man is closed and is likely to be closed for a few days? Is this true and can anyone shed some light on it? I’m visiting Tues-Thurs and don’t want it to be closed.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:18 pm
by RideOpMatt
ProfBurp wrote:
I’ve been hearing that Wicker Man is closed and is likely to be closed for a few days? Is this true and can anyone shed some light on it? I’m visiting Tues-Thurs and don’t want it to be closed.


They’ve been replying on Twitter saying they’re doing maintenance over the last couple of days and to check the website to see if it’s open... Must be having issues with it, wouldn’t leave routine maintenance to happen now

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:07 am
by Morgan
Wicker Man has reopened today, with a hearty 70min queue.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:57 am
by Dan
Morgan wrote:
Wicker Man has reopened today, with a hearty 70min queue.


According to people who are on park, it’s on one train operation.

I wonder if that could be a pointer as to why it’s been closed for the past week? :-k

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:56 pm
by Swarm Chris
Now reportedly on two trains.

For me, that just made trying to guess the closure reason a fair bit harder. :lol

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 pm
by Liam.W
I've heard it was a sensor issue on the restraints. (To be fair they have been having a bit of trouble with the restraints this season!) But then again there's so many rumours flying about no one really knows :lol

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:12 pm
by Justin
I think we have to take everything with a pinch of salt as I've heard so many rumours too. To be honest, I think we will never know for sure, but at least Alton Towers have took the time to rectify the issue that caused the closure by closing the ride instead of opening and closing it constantly.

Interesting point on the restraints though, Liam. Not seen to many issues from the norm this season; mainly guest issues. It is certainly an improvement from last year! :)

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:33 pm
by Mikw
Justin wrote:
I think we have to take everything with a pinch of salt as I've heard so many rumours too. To be honest, I think we will never know for sure, but at least Alton Towers have took the time to rectify the issue that caused the closure by closing the ride instead of opening and closing it constantly.

Interesting point on the restraints though, Liam. Not seen to many issues from the norm this season; mainly guest issues. It is certainly an improvement from last year! :)

Agreed, been many times this year, seen a few oversize guests having to do the walk of shame, but not witnessed any issues with the restraints. They go down, or they don't go down.  Have seen the odd manual release with the yellow stick, but that's not really an "issue", it's the way it's supposed to work,

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 am
by Dan
I rode Wicker Man three times yesterday, and didn’t see a single instance of any restraints needing to be re-checked. It certainly helped operations!

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:17 pm
by scruffy_
Went on it Sunday towards the end of the day (3.45ish) and queued for an hour to get on it. 2 trains were running but it did stop for about 15-20minutes as we were queuing but they never announce it was closed, so we just stuck it out in the queue and luckily it started operating again! 

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:29 pm
by Mr_Gibson
It was closed today until about 11.15 ish. I was very lucky and just happened to be in the plaza as they opened it so got to ride with a 5 min wait and it’s now over an hour wait.

Re: Wicker Man - General Discussion

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:05 pm
by DeadJack5
Feed the flames!


Filmed at TowersTimes’ Summer Festival, and in conjunction with Alton Towers, we bring you a 4K front seat POV of Wicker Man.

Head over to the TTSP YouTube channel to view.