UK theme parks from another point of view!

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Hex Funny Moments

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:24 am

Post your funny moments on hex down below.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Hex Funny Moments

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 am

I went with a group of friends a couple of years ago. We got off the ride and someone said "I don't get it". ](*,)

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 am

Not sure if this could be classed as a funny moment or not. I was queueing up for my first ever ride on Hex, when someone farted in the queue. It was pitch black and the smell was atrocious.

Needless to say, it didn't do anything to help with the atmosphere  :P
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:09 am

Taking your Jim Carter mask in whilst riding it last time, got a few laughs from the people next to me.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Anthony
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:12 am

Not sure if this could be classed as a funny moment or not. I was queueing up for my first ever ride on Hex, when someone farted in the queue. It was pitch black and the smell was atrocious.

That is most definitely funny!  :lol:

I wish I could say this is about Hex, for the sake of the topic but it is not. It's about The Haunting at Drayton Manor.

On a school trip many years ago, we had been through all the pre-show elements etc and made our way into the ride room. One kid, whom I was with, completely panicked when he saw the lapbars and started shouting at the staff member saying "I've got a heart condition/epilepsy...". We swore blind to everyone that he even claimed to be pregnant but I think that wasn't strictly true.  :P

It really was hilarious, and kind of related because it was the madhouse element that REALLY freaked him out once it got going! He didn't have any conditions, don't worry...except a mild case of spinelessness.  ;)

Will04
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 am

I took a friend on Hex a while back without explaining the upside down thing. Midway through the ride I 'accidentally' knocked his prized cap off. And he screamed. Then he realised his hat was on the floor and got really scared because the 'Laws of Physics had been broken'.  :lol:

Dormiens-Dave

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:49 am

As this topic has had replies i wont close it down, however please dont start topics without adding something to the discussion first. Ideally you should begin with your own story then ask for others., not just request that people start the discussion that you hadn't contributed too.

Thanks

Big Dave

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Most funnies Hex moment? I think nothing will ever ever ever ever........... (you get the idea) beat Ryan's Hex orchestra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK7QJkD3p18

McFlurry

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:45 pm

I'll never forget about 6 years ago when on Hex with a rather large group of CF'ers (Sorry!  :( :( :() When I whipped out my video camera and started video.

Next thing, ride stopped house lights come on and all of a sudden you heard:

"Can you put yer video camera away please love!"

Bad Boy!  :twisted:

RustyRider
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Big Dave wrote:
Most funnies Hex moment? I think nothing will ever ever ever ever........... (you get the idea) beat Ryan's Hex orchestra!

What exactly is happening in that video!! Whatever was happening it was very well received lmao!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.

formula1fan

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:27 pm

At the Fireworks meet, several of us went to do Hex, and all I'm going to say is this: "Got six quid for parking?" Thank you, Ian. :P

Big Dave

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:48 pm

RustyRider wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

What exactly is happening in that video!! Whatever was happening it was very well received lmao!!

Ryan was reenacting the orchestra using air violins and drums :P

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Fond memories of February Half Term, with a lot of messing around in the cinema room, a mass sing-a-long in the vault, and...my random finishing note :oops: .

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Maggie's grand finale, and the various renditions of the story :P

Oh, and probably trying to sneak up the disabled ramp in the octagon during the show, only to run crotch first into a fence pole...

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Bote wrote:
Maggie's grand finale, and the various renditions of the story :P

Oh, and probably trying to sneak up the disabled ramp in the octagon during the show, only to run crotch first into a fence pole...

Why would you even want to run up a disabled ramp?

:?
Last edited by Blizzard on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:34 pm

During the dark periods it can be rather amusing to hear the guests all worriedly try and work out what the footsteps are, and also stand behind the curtain when it used to open :P

JoshC
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Last year while me and some friends were in the pre-show video bit, there was a very large group of chavs in front of us who were talking very loudly, anyway my friend then proceeds to shout at the top of his voice 'QUIET!!' resulting in not only stopping the chavs from talking, but everyone else in the room also stopped talking. Now the only sound you could here was me trying to stop myself from laughing :lol:

Honestly I had never heard it so deathly quiet in that room :P

Longy

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 pm

I have many stories of Hex, but this is the one that stands out the most.

It was a Scarefest day(not night), and we were in Hex. The video was playing in the first room, and then the video ended, I proceeded forwards, thinking the doors had opened, and WHAM! I walked into the door, and believe me, those doors hurt.

Then, in the Octagon, the video ended once again, and the fan heater sparked, causing me to panic thinking the room was going to burn down, I went up the steps, went on the main ride. (Very fun). Then, as I went out, I proceeded down the original exit, completely forgetting about ToTT and guess what, I tripped over a chain.

Silly me. :roll:
Last edited by Longy on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanteNero666
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 am

RustyRider wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I believe that the Ryan fellow is playing the violin and conducting to the hex music in an over the top way. Pure gold  :lol:
Give me a coaster handshake!

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:50 pm

I wore my Monk costume during Scarefest last year, most people thought I was part of the ride itself (as an actor) It was not untill way after they were screaming and keeping away from me, that once they got outside the realised that I was wearing trainers and walking my with family! :)