UK theme parks from another point of view!

Big Dave

Re: Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (May Contain Spoilers)

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Oblivion's marketing didn't tell you to be scared, it just showed you scary footage. The last two rides practically told you this ride is scary be scared!!!

Thats where it fails, because they are telling you what to think instead of letting you get the idea of the ride yourself. Also as already mentioned, they are marketing it as being super scary as they know it sells. The fact of the matter is though, the rides themselves are not that scary.

djtruefitt

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Yesterday the ride was working very well and everything seemed to work fine, even the lift going down seemed better than it had been. And in the main room the strobes do make a big difference, they are the first thing that start and do make you panic that bit more.  Also when we got to the top after the drop I noticed the fans stayed on which I think worked well.

A few minor updates to the outside of the ride, there is now a gate at the enterance, as well as a gate for the single rider, fast track and main queue near the batching area. There is also a new metal fence added on top of the existing fence next to the main queue and fast track queue. Not quite sure why, I can only think its to stop people climbing over the fence if they check fast track at the main entrance rather than batching area.

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm

ImageImage

aru
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Where are these videos played?

starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:44 pm

In the queueline...

:)

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:37 pm

They're part of the queueline video :)

AstroDan

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 pm

"but copies exist... and Phalanx operatives are resourceful!"

Love it.

:P

Dean

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Glad to hear the strobes are working, will pop in to have a butchers...

Doors Closing...

Jak3 Mac
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Haven't been on it yet because, when I went, I queued up, the ride broke down, came again 2 hours later still broken, 3 hours after that it was fixed (:D) queued up again, got to the front and... It broke down, again. Seems very unreliable to me!

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (May Contain Spoilers)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 pm

It has seemed to have downtime every day since it opened... Not sure what the issues with operation are though.
ImageImage

tothetowers
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 pm

On my visit, we went up to the entrance 3 times and each time they told everyone in the queue to exit because the ride had broke down, which I thought was weird for a new ride to break down so much?  :?

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 pm

tothetowers wrote:
which I thought was weird for a new ride to break down so much?  :?

... nope, totally normal. :)

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:39 pm

ah that is bummer

yeah opening season is prime breaking down time - lots of people come to ride then, the time to come if you want a garunteed ride is probably 6 months on or something :D
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.

Scott
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:42 pm

I quite liked Sub Terra, I thought it came to an abrupt end but overall I thought it was pretty good and is a decent filler attraction for Forbidden Valley.
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]

djtruefitt

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Listening to comments since the ride has changed, there are certainly more people who enjoyed the ride compared to opening week, but its still not all great comments. The most common comment was "is that it?" or "thats too short", I think lots of people were expecting some kind of nemesis style rollercoaster under ground, I dont think the Nemesis name helps, they would probably been better having the same ride but just calling it "Sub Terra", then people wouldnt expect another rollercoaster.

Ash84
TT Member
TT Member

Nemesis Sub Terra

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:02 pm

I have heard that some of the staff on this attraction have been instructed to tone down the way they go about things, does anyone know if this is true? If so I'd be disapointed. They add to the overall experience, and if some PC do-gooders cant accept that they are doing a job, not actually ordering them about then thats hard lines.

Ash

djtruefitt

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:39 pm

The staff certainly aren't the same as when the ride opened. They tend to shout at you a bit in the batching area, before the lifts and in the ride area. But certainly not on the same level as opening day. I think I prefer it now, before it was just too much and insulting people just wasnt good. It does depend on the staff however, some of them dont really say much, but others really go for it.

Ash84
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 pm

I see, I've only been on it once so far, in the batching area I had a little bit of abuse, and on exitting the ride they were a little wild with the mouth, but for me it adds to the danger of the ride. 'Excuse me sir would you please depart as soon as you are ready', wouldn't do it for me with this ride.

Ash

Sazzle

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 am

It was never intended for the staff to be abusive - aloof superiority with an element of regimented stern tone was, I believe, what was desired. I believe that's the case now!

40 minute queue yesterday, but clearly that was only because barely anything else was open :p I certainly didn't queue!!

Until something gets me in that bottom chamber, I shan't bother with anything more than 10 or 15 minutes queue.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Apparently from what I've heard. A projector has been added in the bottom chamber and can bee seen from tower 4.

And ABC have been called, and they are visiting the site on Wednesday...

:)