I have to say what they have done to the ride is fantastic!
1.Improved descent lift, feels a lot more realistic, with a new sound effect and better vibrations. However, I think the noise sort of drown out the sound of the screens.
2. Lovely atmospheric cave section, feels a lot colder and I love the new dripping sounds...
3. The Central Core is the same apart from the different lights, lighting up the egg.
4.The new audio explaining the egg's origin is a whole lot better. It explains it so much better than it used to.It also explains that is thought to be related to the 'Legendary Nemesis monster' It's a lot longer than the original.
5. Okay, the bottom of the drop section, I have to say is one of the (for me) scariest parts. The eggs are absolutely beautiful, the changing lights inside the eggs are absolutely stunning. The monster roaring around you, was actually quite scary; Great use of surround sound. Oh my, I was not expecting the air blasts behind your heads! The whole experience down their was a bit like Stitch's Great Escape (I can't say about it's predescer, as I never had a chance to experience it)
6.Back in the main chamber, the lights are very well used, with the strobes going off in time with the sirens. The countdown I have to say is a very good idea! The walkway between the core and the exit lifts, was literaryly filled with smoke and strobes. I have to say it was difficult to see where I was walking.
7. The exit lift was basically the same as before, however there have been more air cannon style devices added to the scene and smoke is being poured it.
8. Right now the exciting part. When the elevator doors open, a quite large man enters dressed in bog standard Phalanx uniform and a gas mask. He is also equipped with a torch, that he shine in guest's faces before he instructs them to leave. As djtruefitt, guests in the left lift are told to proceed straight away, when the people in the right lift are being held back by a Phalanx operative, fitted again with a gas mask and blood on their face. The strobe maze, I have to say is very intense. Felt very much like Boiler House in a way. The use of hanging fabric and black flaps are very well exacuted. The strobes are absolutely fantastic, very strong, and hard to see where you are going in some places.
The experience is 150% better now. It is now my favorite dark ride on park, beating Hex by a mile! It is, for me, 'One of the Resort's most terrifying attractions', as I well knew when I came out shaking the first time....
I applaud Alton Towers for their efforts, and it just goes to show, listening to guest feedback does go a long way!
Thank you Alton Towers....