UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheRealRNixon
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm

^  I have seen these videos, and im not entirely sure it was done during the ride cycle, but more before it had started. However, I do apologise if im wrong :)

Thanks for the reply!
- RyanNixon
@TheRealRNixon

djtruefitt

Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 am

I do quite like the current restrant, as they are quite loose and you certainly dont feel trapped in. They are certainly very easy for the ride op to pull down and for you all to push up at the end. Something that seat belts wouldnt do. Can you just imagine if the ride ops have to check 40 seatbelts before they can start the ride?

And im sure if you liked the orignal Sub Terra or even the 2nd version, you wil love this new version!

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 pm

This video has just been posted on the Alton Towers Youtube Page (Marketing Stunt) :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2nw22M ... ture=g-u-u

I was hoping for some Scarezone footage, as I'm yet to ride 2.0, but it offers very little in footage at all, and mainly focuses on a bunch of people, dressed up, trying to get into a box. Although you do get a glimpse of one or two of the Scare Actors at the end.

aru
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm

How bizarre, but guess it is just a bit of fun PR to get the ride in the spotlight. The new PR rep isn't as charismatic as Morwenna..

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Wed May 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Regarding ToT and seatbelts. Although an enclosed cubical, the front is very much open. However, once the op has 'locked' the seatbelts they cannot be undone. They aren't average seatbelts- they are locked until the end. Same as test track also.

Hope that helps

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kgvolf
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Joelio

Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 pm

djneice wrote:
With TOT, there are videos on YouTube of people undoing the seat belts to get air out of the seat

They don't unplug their seatbelts during the ride operation, and I probably shouldn't state that they plug the belt together, then sit on it... so it seems like they're fastened in. As a result Cast Member's are checking each individual is strapped in before they consider sending the doomed elevator on its voyage, instead of relying on the lights at the OP's booth.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 2:07 pm

That explains what this photo is all about then.. Didn't even realise i was friends with that Pixie Le Knott on Facebook until i saw this...  :lol:

"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Chaz wrote:
Regarding ToT and seatbelts. Although an enclosed cubical, the front is very much open. However, once the op has 'locked' the seatbelts they cannot be undone. They aren't average seatbelts- they are locked until the end. Same as test track also.

Hope that helps

I have been round Test Track with no seat belt on when I was younger - not intentionally. There is three seats in the front and it was just me and my sister in the front on that particular ride so I decided to leave the middle seat spare and we both sat on the outer seats. Then at the last minute a man on his own comes running towards our car and is told to join us so I went to move to the middle seat and partially clicked the button when he jumped over me and sat in the middle, at which point my seatbelt never opened and was still as I believed, firmly shut. Then you drive around the corner and we were the front car out of the two and were asked to pull the seat belt in which I did and the two locking pins that come either side of the seatbelt must of pushed my seatbelt open but for anyone that has been on it will no as soon as the locking pins engage the first car sets off straight away. I wasn't too bothered having known what was going to happen having been on it numerous times previously. Although the bloke that got in next to me (sat in the middle) put his arm across me and onto the bar on the right all the way round. After that my mum and dad (who were sat in the back) complained to a Cast Member and they weren't interested. Just goes to show that Seat belts are not as safe if you like as a restraint that is easily visible and checkable and a lot easier and faster to check.

Anyway, I hope to be riding Sub Terra 2.0 on Monday, and cannot wait to see the little changes in the main chamber and the scare zone at the end. After being on Sub Terra on opening I was a little disappointed with the ride, then when they got the effects up and working and whatnot, Sub Terra 1.5 was OK and I would of been satisfied if they had left it like that but for them to go back to it and add to it is great. Kudos to Alton Towers for doing so.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRealRNixon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 4:09 pm

I hope to be riding Sub-Terra again on Friday, and Im very much so looking forward to the experience, especially after all of the positive reviews it has been getting since last weekend. :D

I may be mistaken, but was there every any talk of on ride photography for the ride? Or am I getting confused with another ride. If this is the case then it would not surprise me, as ride photography has been popping up much more within the past 2 years or so!

However, im not going to lie, I would love to see a photo of me during the fall itself would be funny as hell! :lol:
- RyanNixon
@TheRealRNixon

Longy

Wed May 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Since when has there been actors with blood?
I thought they were decontamination people that scare you....

Unless they are new, and have been infected, and thus, try to chase you.

djtruefitt

Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm

The actors at the end with the gas masks have blood over their faces.

starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm

It seems there have been more actors employed. Seems like they're dressed as civilians. Hmm interesting!

Can't wait for Friday to get on this again!

:D

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Bloody brilliant! That's all I have to say about it!

I might post something more in depth tomorrow when I'm home, but the attraction is now fantastic. Came off it feeling a bit shaken up and the girlfriend was terrified! And this was all without the neck breathers and (I think) seat speakers not working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

TomahawkTom
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 6:55 pm

are these civilian actors meant to be part of your group that was sent down and are injured by the monster or something? 

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 pm

They are meant to be some form of decontamination crew who have clearly been attacked by or involved with the monster in some way.

So far the narrative linking the lift and the final maze is weak but this is apparently going to be worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 7:19 pm

The guys dressed as civilians are just there for PR - maybe to suggest links to scarefest. That is all.

djtruefitt

Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm

This was filmed on Monday, when we were queueing for Sub Terra at the start of a day we saw a camera crew interviewing that woman in the video, and we also saw that big plastic box, but had no idea what it was for :P

Bunbury
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Just rode this twice over two days, surpassed my expectations. Some cosmetic work could make the whole thing more believable and intense, especially during the initial portion, but I've no qualms whatsoever with the chamber itself, nor the maze finale, which was disorienting and frightening. They've cast great actors for the role of the decontamination crew, and they really get in your path and intimidate you. This are does need to be a bit clearer though. People came off frightened and satisfied, altogether.

Dean

Wed May 30, 2012 7:45 pm

mrbrightside wrote:
So far the narrative linking the lift and the final maze is weak but this is apparently going to be worked on.

The audio in the scare maze area repeats the words "Alien Presence Detected" so I wouldn't say it's too bad...

So the decontamination chamber is doing it's best keep the Alien away!
Last edited by Dean on Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mulcracker
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

I think the idea of an actor made to fit in with the GP that doesn't make it to the exit lifts in time would be a really good idea as posted a while back, would really shake me up anyway  :D