UK theme parks from another point of view!

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 pm

Just been on today!!!
AMAZING the ending is sooo much better and love the new layout of the "core"

all works so much better

[email protected]$ wrote:
Heyy guys, I have a number of questionS after reading pages 120+

1) What do the actors in the scare maze look like or wear? (I know a stupid question, however I have been told different things)
2) Is the scare maze big? What's the layout? (Like, is it down one straight line or it is like a proper maze maze)
3) How are the actors placed?
4) Are the back-pockers more gentle?

Thanks guys! :)

1)the actors in the maze have gas masks on with blood marks across there face (thats all i saw)
2)come out of the lift turn left, walk straight, left again, straight and out, it not long but long enough to suit the attraction
3)litterally random, behind fencing, there was one we had walk past he was right next to us felt brush past him..
4)There not gentle but scared everyone and works amazingly well!

Love Sub-Terra!!! i have admit i can easily give it 10/10!

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks Dormiens-Dave and roary01 :)
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

djtruefitt

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:23 pm

One thing that I noticed yesterday was that the op cabin in the main chamber didnt have blacked out windows like it did before, which meant it let out light, which was quite noticable even when you were in the bottom chamber. Not sure if someone had just opened a curtain or if what ever was blacking the window out has been removed.

A few minor things as well yesterday is that the noice in the final lift seems a lot more louder along with the air blasts which are more powerful and last for longer.

The air on the neck also wasnt working yesterday.

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Well that's a bit upsetting I hope it didn't spoil the whole thing. Plus about the neck air blasts people have been saying they have been working on one ride and not on the other! I think it is one of the new effects they built in. Just hope it works when I have my first ride of the Nemesis Sub Terra V2!

One question what's happened happened with the drop is it more forceful or is it still the same? And what's the running time of the whole thing now?
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

AstroDan

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

The running time is a good minute or two longer now, overall. Drop is the same.

The ascent lifts are BRILLIANT now. Air blasts are fantastic.

The op cabin being visible seemed a pity?

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:41 pm

AstroDan wrote:
The op cabin being visible seemed a pity?

:)

I noticed this while riding yesterday, it really does let a lot of light into the chamber, why has this suddenly happened?

ParkLogic_Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Also noticed the OP Cabin, depending on where you're sat it really is noticeable, especially when the rest of the room goes dark. Hopefully just a temporary measure which will be sorted very soon, the experience it's self minus that 1 small issue has improved considerable amounts and the ride has gone from one I enjoyed a lot when it opened to one of my favourites on park in a very short space of time.

Any further improvements are always welcomed but right now other than linking the last lift to the maze section at the end there's not that much more they can do right now that I could think of.

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Afraid visible op cabin is here to stay, folks - Towers's H&S having their wicked way :(

Anyways, Sub Terra 2.0 is ASTOUNDING. I was so so impressed with all the improvements and additions, there's very little I can't say which hasn't already been said but it is one SOLID attraction now, and reactions are as positive as they'll ever be on any ride/attraction.

One thing of mild note to anyone who cares, I noticed the other day that all the strobes, both in the chamber and in the exit lift corridor, are new LED ones for the refitting, the ones which were originally there from opening day are still rigged but not being used. Can't imagine the reason for this, but still!

Blaze

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Magrathea wrote:
Afraid visible op cabin is here to stay, folks - Towers's H&S having their wicked way :(

WHAT?!

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Doesn't make much sense since its been able to stay covered since march???

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:18 pm

It's BARELY visible, anyway, but that's what has been declared to my knowledge (unless anyone knows anything to the contrary? :))

Longy

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Would it be possible to make the lights in the cabin flicker?
It could be part of the power cut, and would be a great effect. The lights could go out for the drop too.

If not, red lights could go well, as it seems like a monster is loose then! Red lights at the start could also work as the rest of the lights on the ride are red...

AstroDan

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Why would the Op cabin need to be slightly lit during the ride? Can't think of any reason.

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 pm

If anything, having the op cabin lights on will make viewing through the window less visible for the operator?

djtruefitt

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 pm

It wasnt a bright light or anything, I imagine the light would be from the CCTV screens. I cant see why they cant just have one way glass that wouldnt let light through?

James
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:27 pm

djtruefitt wrote:
It wasnt a bright light or anything, I imagine the light would be from the CCTV screens. I cant see why they cant just have one way glass that wouldnt let light through?

That was my initial thought.

Instead of going through the fuss of replacing the glass too they could buy one way glass/mirror film and just stick it on to the windows. Which at the most would cost £30-£40, it can be bought as cheap as £5-£10 depending on where you look. Easy, dirt cheap thing to buy. Plus it does not go against H&S.

Tom wrote:
If anything, having the op cabin lights on will make viewing through the window less visible for the operator?

That depends on how bright the light is in the cabin. The room with the brighter light will not see much through the window into the other room. By the sounds of it the lights in the op cabin are very dim so the main chamber would be more visible for the operator. Although when it's pitch black there is a light in the cabin so that kind of rules out the operator being able to see anything at this point of the sequence. Either way the window not being covered is pretty pointless. Just yet another H&S thing that makes no difference.

Big Dave

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Most large companies that like to black out their windows or make them only one way, use a film that is applied over the glass. This can be great, but often reduces viability on both sides, even if its not meant to. As a result and as mentioned, if you are in a fairly lit area and are looking into a dark or poorly lit area, it becomes hard to see whats going on. I can only assume that H&S have said that all blinds that are in there have to be removed so the Operator can see whats going on and that any blackout/one way film would restrict vision too much.

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:51 pm

They're trying to work on it - the light is from CCTV monitors. The windows tinted glass, but when there's light behind one way glass you can see everything anyway.

Hopefully a solution appears soony. It does spoil it majorly watching the op just sit there during a "power failure".

aru
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

It sounds to me that perhaps a new CCTV monitor has been installed so the OP can see the new exit. Obviously it wasn't intended that it would be there so the cabin hasn't been designed for it. Seems simple enough to make it less obvious to riders though.. :?

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:04 pm

I have just heard from one of my mates who is at the park today and he has just been on sub terra, he looked at the information board thing before going on and he said that he swore he saw a section on there about it being recommended for 12 and over. Has anyone seen that or has anyone got a picture at least?
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE