UK theme parks from another point of view!

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:13 pm

[email protected]$ wrote:
I have just heard from one of my mates who is at the park today and he has just been on sub terra, he looked at the information board thing before going on and he said that he swore he saw a section on there about it being recommended for 12 and over. Has anyone seen that or has anyone got a picture at least?

That is correct, I haven't got a picture myself however my friend has one on facebook, it just says that live actors are part of the attraction and is not recommended for people under 12.

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 pm

siralgenon wrote:
I have just heard from one of my mates who is at the park today and he has just been on sub terra, he looked at the information board thing before going on and he said that he swore he saw a section on there about it being recommended for 12 and over. Has anyone seen that or has anyone got a picture at least?

That is correct, I haven't got a picture myself however my friend has one on facebook, it just says that live actors are part of the attraction and is not recommended for people under 12.

Could you send me a link mate? Or even post the picture onto here?
Last edited by [email protected]$ on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 pm

siralgenon wrote:

Iv'e just looked for it and can't find it, i'll keep looking and if I see it i'll post it on here.

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:37 pm

siralgenon wrote:
siralgenon wrote:

Iv'e just looked for it and can't find it, i'll keep looking and if I see it i'll post it on here.

Ok, thanks! :D
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

Longy

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm

So, technically, the marketing was spot on!
Ok, they added the Scare Maze after the BBFC stunt, but Scare Mazes are meant for people over 12.

I have a feeling that Alton will fix the light coming from the op cabin, as they have made so many improvements, and do not want their hard work spolied by one thing!

How about night vision goggles for the ops? :P

Keira
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:15 pm

In the Scare Maze...Do the actors touch you or anything? I have a massive phobia of scare mazes...Hate things jumping out at me and things touching me even more. Especially when it's a walkthrough attraction. I was terrified of Sub-Terra in the original version haha, but managed to work up the courage to ride. Now I'm not so sure...Heck, I have to close my eyes on Duel.  :shock:

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Keira wrote:
In the Scare Maze...Do the actors touch you or anything? I have a massive phobia of scare mazes...Hate things jumping out at me and things touching me even more. Especially when it's a walkthrough attraction. I was terrified of Sub-Terra in the original version haha, but managed to work up the courage to ride. Now I'm not so sure...Heck, I have to close my eyes on Duel.  :shock:

No, the actors don't touch you, they lean out towards you, but don't touch you in any way. I hate scare mazes but the only things that make you jump in the 'maze' section is the loud noises and air blasts.

Keira
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:39 pm

siralgenon wrote:
Keira wrote:

No, the actors don't touch you, they lean out towards you, but don't touch you in any way. I hate scare mazes but the only things that make you jump in the 'maze' section is the loud noises and air blasts.

Thanks. How long does the scare maze section last?

Dormiens-Dave

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:59 pm

It lasts about a minute depending on how fast the group moves.

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:17 pm

I don't want to sound silly because this has been asked so many times, but what actually happens in the scare maze?
I have been told so many different things.
Can someone like write a full description about what happens I would really be grateful. Like layout of maze and how many actors, etc.
Someone told me it is in a straight line and then someone said it's not
Someone said to me that you go in by yourself
Please someone help!
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

thefatone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:27 pm

How about, you just actually go and do it with a rough idea of whats happening, than wanting to know absolutely every single detail and therefore **ruining** it for yourself?!

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Maybe because I wouldn't be going til NEXT YEAR! It might change again before then!
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE

Satch

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Many of you know that I have been quite vocal in my disappointment in the production of Sub-Terra V1 and v1.5. This Friday I had my first experience of V2, and I must say I quite enjoyed the new experience, and am significantly impressed by the improvements.

It doesn't go without me maintaining reservations about a few things, however I feel they have successfully managed to create more of a narrative flow to the experience, which feels much loss jolted and more well-rounded. The exit lift in particular made me smile, as it is finally creating that initial feeling of relief at escaping the impending doom in the chamber, and this lasts right up until you think you have reached ground level... and then it all kicks off. The central chamber itself has been timed much better to provide a more realistic experience, and the countdown to the self-destruct adds that little extra sense of panic that the monster noises didn't provide previously.

However, the bottom chamber, the exit "maze" and the batching area still needs a lot of work. Despite several mentions on here of the inappropriate nature of the staff shouting at you, this continues. One of our group was told to "cut your hair, are you a girl", and other people were shouted at for not standing at the correct angle to be facing the front. And yet the welcome video introduces a completely different tone to the experience. It still stinks of laziness on the "director-ship" of having "themed staff". Just have them standing silent, it will create a much better impression.

The bottom chamber - well, that's been done to death in the discussion. The flashing disco lights are nice, but there remains a complete lack of scares in the egg chamber.

The exit tunnel... Well, I think it makes a nice addition, and it's not a scare-maze as has previously been described. However, it is not clear what it's function is. There is a sign saying 'quarantine' at the entrance to it, however you can barely see it. The first run through it did appear to be a quarantine tunnel manned by Phalanx staff. However, during the second run through there was an actor standing in the tunnel  covered in blood and staring zombie-style at the guests as they squeezed past him. It's clear that they still need to fine-tune this exit, but it definitely has potential.

In summary, it is now a more rounded experience/attraction, that does now bulk up the line up in the park. I'm happy that a lot of feedback has been taken on board, and a lot of effort has been made to address these issues.

AstroDan

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:01 pm

RE: batching area - I agree, it's awful.

Could they not, overnight, cut short the main queue/fastrack/single rider by a metre or two, thus making the batching area wider? They could also use some sort of tarpaulin roof (like what is seen in the Ice Age batching area) to help protect guests against wet weather.

Would barely cost a thing to do the above and would really help. At the moment, it's not great at all.

:)

SAM93

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I don't want to sound silly because this has been asked so many times, but what actually happens in the scare maze?
I have been told so many different things.
Can someone like write a full description about what happens I would really be grateful. Like layout of maze and how many actors, etc.
Someone told me it is in a straight line and then someone said it's not
Someone said to me that you go in by yourself
Please someone help!

In response to this, I have done a very very quick plan view of the maze in paint, to hopefully settle the questions on it's layout!

So here is a rough plan view of the maze!

Hope this Helps :)

Paul Morgster

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 pm

AstroDan wrote:
RE: batching area - I agree, it's awful.

Could they not, overnight, cut short the main queue/fastrack/single rider by a metre or two, thus making the batching area wider? They could also use some sort of tarpaulin roof (like what is seen in the Ice Age batching area) to help protect guests against wet weather.

Would barely cost a thing to do the above and would really help. At the moment, it's not great at all.

:)

I agree about having some cover, as I went on a very rainy day and was made to put my umbrella in straight away, but I argued I'm not going to put it in the baggage hold till the last minute, which I did. It was peeing it down and I was not impressed to be ordered to go put my umbrella away!

Keira
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 pm

thefatone wrote:
How about, you just actually go and do it with a rough idea of whats happening, than wanting to know absolutely every single detail and therefore **ruining** it for yourself?!

Some of us like to know. I want to know because I HATE scare mazes and want to be prepared...

Keira
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 pm

I plan on looking at the floor and holding on to my boyfriend for dear life during the scare maze part when I go on Tuesday haha. I can't deal with that sort of thing! When I went on it last month, I sat forward in my chair with my legs stuck out in front of me to avoid the back pokers/tentacles. Yep, I'm a wuss...Give me a huge rollercoaster over something like Terry any day. xD

djtruefitt

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

It seems the leg ticklers were more powerful on Friday compared to when I went on the ride a week before. Not sure if it was linked with the neck blower not working, or if they have changed the settings.

[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Keira wrote:
I plan on looking at the floor and holding on to my boyfriend for dear life during the scare maze part when I go on Tuesday haha. I can't deal with that sort of thing! When I went on it last month, I sat forward in my chair with my legs stuck out in front of me to avoid the back pokers/tentacles. Yep, I'm a wuss...Give me a huge rollercoaster over something like Terry any day. xD

What I have been told is that they make you do it alone

djtruefitt wrote:
It seems the leg ticklers were more powerful on Friday compared to when I went on the ride a week before. Not sure if it was linked with the neck blower not working, or if they have changed the settings.

Was the neck blows working the week before?
Last edited by [email protected]$ on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE