UK theme parks from another point of view!

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:58 am

Omg good call Ben, good call.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.

Vanessa Feltz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:44 am

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
i think its more the fact that they escaped from the core or aleast a an area of the phalanx facility only to be infected by Nemesis, part of them still remains but as time goes by Nemesis's infection and influence overpowers the staff and the then try to trap you within.

No, it's a decontamination area, the Phalanx Operatives have been fighting against the creature to get you to escape, seeing as the monster is apparently highly radioactive, a lot of them wear gas masks to protect themselves, the blood is obviously from fighting and there you go, they're never trying to keep you in, they're just losing their minds with fear.
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"

Fraser789
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 am

Is the scare maze only for Scarefest or is it going to be all year round? I went on this for the first time last Thursday and after reading reviews I was expecting much at all, but I really enjoyed it :)

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

When riding Sub Terra...

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 am

Did you ever believe it was actually happening?

I don't think I did but I got quite scared and started to doubt what it was I was doing. If only a split second I did wonder - Is/could something be going wrong with this ride? I'm sure this is a ride?...Is it really a ride? Cause it was a ride when I got on but now I'm not so sure. I just had a very short/weak suspension of disbelief.

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Rode the update yesterday.

I actually commended the ride in the first place, but now its twice as good. I see they really did listen to us here which is very good, like your birthday when people do stuff for you. :D

The amendments I noticed were:
-airport style "gateways" (I said the ride needed more "framing" but it might have been on the cards anyway
-diffuser over lift lights
-Descending pitch noise in lift (again may or may not be at my suggestion)
-Dimmer cfl lights
-The egg glows (obviously always on the cards)
-Blue light  :D
-ability to see the other gondolas just as we rise out of the pit - it might seem strange to some people but I think actually seeing this adds to the ride.

I'm not sure about this one - but have the air cannons been maybe turned down? The overall experience didn't have such a hard edge with the noises - which is also something I wanted and I think works well.

I got told off by a phalanx operative for my muddy trousers- but this guy was very good. He had the balance just right.

This might be cause I know it better but I really took the environment in this time round. I surveyed everything. Digressing a second - I think it does help that I've seen some of the stuff in the light so my brain filled in gaps of what I can't see. Maybe (,speaking in general) good themeing should be lit up (if only for a short time) for the sake of those who haven't seen it yet. Designers and fabricators know what they are looking at when they check out their work in low lights but those who haven't seen it can't predict how it looks very well at all.

Anyhow at one point I looked back into the main chamber with the lights flashing and phalanx wondering around and I felt like I was in a film.

Nytician
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Went on this (and the smiler) for the first time last week, and I was amazed I really really really enjoyed this ride and thought the whole experience was great.

I left the ride shaking and it really got my adrenalin going, the final lift was awesome as well and running out at the end was awesome. Drop got me although I knew it would happen it made me jump and the air cannons and seat effects were great.

Overall 9/10, could've been a little longer I guess.