UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
jmc
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 34
Joined: June 2009
Location: Manchester

Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:30 pm

There was an incident of sorts on park today (25/04), Towers Street and the Entrance area were evacuated and anybody wishing to enter or leave the park had to do so via the gates in Mutiny Bay (which was an unusual experience).
Staff were not allowing anyone onto any area of Towers Street by lining the bottom, and were escorting guests from the monorail exit to the coach park, where they were told to wait if they hadnt got advanced tickets as there were no facilities to purchase tickets - which wasnt the best of circumstances considering the rain was relentless!

Interestingly, whenever a staff member was asked what was happening, they each responded with an urgency to get you out of the area and claimed they were not allowed to tell. There were no signs of any trouble from what could be seen.
Is there anybody in the know who is in a position to tell, and what kind of reasons cause such urgency to evacuate guests from park areas?
 
User avatar
shadowmaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: August 2011
Location: Bognor Regis

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:33 pm

jmc wrote:
There was an incident of sorts on park today (25/04), Towers Street and the Entrance area were evacuated and anybody wishing to enter or leave the park had to do so via the gates in Mutiny Bay (which was an unusual experience).
Staff were not allowing anyone onto any area of Towers Street by lining the bottom, and were escorting guests from the monorail exit to the coach park, where they were told to wait if they hadnt got advanced tickets as there were no facilities to purchase tickets - which wasnt the best of circumstances considering the rain was relentless!

Interestingly, whenever a staff member was asked what was happening, they each responded with an urgency to get you out of the area and claimed they were not allowed to tell. There were no signs of any trouble from what could be seen.
Is there anybody in the know who is in a position to tell, and what kind of reasons cause such urgency to evacuate guests from park areas?
Wow. This Is A First. Any news i get i will post right here.
Hello.
 
User avatar
shadowmaster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: August 2011
Location: Bognor Regis

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Maybe It Was the Nemesis Monster?
Hello.
 
User avatar
LordOfDarkness
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 196
Joined: August 2011
Location: Leicester

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:39 pm

SW7 is coming... ;)


Nahhr, I don't know. This sounds very weird... Bomb scare probably?
Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport
 
DiogoJ42

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Well, without wanting to cause panic (this is MY theory with no proof) it sounds like a bomb scare. :shock:
 
User avatar
Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1262
Joined: August 2010
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Well Towers is, what, the second highest at risk in the country for bomb scares?

However, if staff were not permitted to give a reason it's highly unlikely you'll get one on here :P
Image
Image
 
Dormiens-Dave

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:50 pm

What ever it was it was probably just a matter of safety first as Towers Street is still standing. These things happen.
 
User avatar
BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2262
Joined: June 2010
Location: South East Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Fire drill? :P
 
User avatar
starbugger1303
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 836
Joined: October 2008
Location: Phalanx Research Facility - Forbidden Valley

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm

From what I have heard, it was indeed a bomb scare...
 
User avatar
ATJoseph
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 480
Joined: July 2011
Location: Forbidden Valley!

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Wow so im presuming the panick of an unatended bag! has caused this evacuation
 
Dormiens-Dave

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

We had one of those in the Bingo Hall i worked in once, they happen quite a lot around the country. Nothing to get too dramatic over :-)
 
User avatar
Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2634
Joined: June 2011
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.
Contact:

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

starbugger1303 wrote:
From what I have heard, it was indeed a bomb scare...


That's what I would of assumed. They did it in 05 with X-Sector so if there were a bomb scare today, u'm sure that would be it. Anyone see any police around?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
 
User avatar
ATJoseph
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 480
Joined: July 2011
Location: Forbidden Valley!

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Its stange because I had a very very graphic dream of a terrorist attack at Alton a few days ago
with people blowing up on rides (Oblivion being the most scary) and being evacuated from the park.
 
User avatar
BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2262
Joined: June 2010
Location: South East Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:05 pm

This was clearly an attack on the fountains. Were any of the frogs hurt?
 
User avatar
Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2634
Joined: June 2011
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.
Contact:

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:11 pm

ATJoseph wrote:
Its stange because I had a very very graphic dream of a terrorist attack at Alton a few days ago
with people blowing up on rides (Oblivion being the most scary) and being evacuated from the park.


I think it's best that you should of kept that one to yourself Joe.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
 
User avatar
BigHairJoe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 129
Joined: October 2011
Location: Not at TS ... Although I have an account :S

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:15 pm

It could have been bomb scare but around here (local to towers) we have had really high winds and weather similar to conditions to when the park closed maybe something on Towers street was under threat from breaking if it was a bomb scare why would the monorail still be running ??
 
SpinballEdders

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:16 pm

The Nemesis Monster has finally been Unleashed!
 
Blaze

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:17 pm

And you all thought Terry was just a ride. That egg was real, man!
 
User avatar
LordOfDarkness
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 196
Joined: August 2011
Location: Leicester

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Blaze wrote:
And you all thought Terry was just a ride. That egg was real, man!



Image


How wrong could we be...
Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport
 
Teagenie
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1
Joined: April 2012

Re: Towers St evacuation

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:51 pm

This is my first post on here!! :)

I was at the park today and after Tower Street was evacuated I saw a notice on the information boards asking if the owner of an unattended suitcase left at the front entrance lockers to contact security ASAP.

I'm guessing this might be the reason for the closure etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 141 guests