UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nickb85
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Towers St evacuation

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Delta79 wrote:

I wonder what code word they use? Mr Case is the usual one.

If Merlin use universal lingo across the parks, it would be classed as a Code Blue and radio transmission must cease, this is what it was at Thorpe

Coaster_Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:23 pm

I always thought code black was a bomb scare or similar, code blue is generally for imminent loss of life (heart attack, etc.). Different places will have their own systems though.

Delta79
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:07 pm

I'llookdownifiwanto wrote:
Can I just ask why Alton Towers is at high risk of being bombed? Is it because it's always got loads of people there???

Its more the case of AT being at the same risk as any public place, Its at high risk of publicity bombs. they are phone in bomb scares or items on or around the park that have one or more warning signs of being a IED but not, just to cause an situation that caused worry in the general public. hence the don't start taking to guest about whats going on.

iain
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Coaster_Dude wrote:
I always thought code black was a bomb scare or similar, code blue is generally for imminent loss of life (heart attack, etc.). Different places will have their own systems though.

There really is no universal "guarded language" for these incidents. I have worked at many many music festivals, large scale public events and so on where there are huge gatherings of people. Security is top priority and the hidden work to prevent and minimise danger is truely mind boggling.

Each event I have worked at uses different guarded language that will usually not be at all obvious to the public. Tannoy announcements are even more cryptic. For example "Can the amber team leader please come to event control". That would indicate a stand by and listen to your radio or prepare to take your specific pre prescribed actions. "The amber team leader has arrived at event control" would be a stand down.

Guarded language is generally used more than individual words or codes at public events and large public sites as they generally stand out like a sore thumb. The public would dismiss a call for the amber team leader (as he could be in charge or replacing toilet rolls) but a "Code 1" or "Code black, red, yellow or green" is quite obvious and will get swan neckers swaning!

iNemesis

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Poison Tom 96 wrote:
Blow up Towers Street/Plaza area just before the turnstiles are open then many many people will be wiped out. Also Alton Towers is a well known place so the terrorists will get publicity for their cause.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I would have thought ANY bomb (scare, or real), would get publicity, no matter where it's location is!