UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Graffiti

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:33 pm

X's walls are bad. There is writing scratched on EvErYwHeRe in the inside ramp. The walls are rubbish .

I'llookdownifiwanto
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 pm

A lot of credit to Alton Towers for getting rid of graffiti as soon as it appears, I was walking down the queue line for Th13teen back in 2010, and it was pretty much the last ride of the day, there was a staff member with a sort of handheld motorized sander sanding pen off the wooden posts where some idiots had scrawled things like their phone number or some illegible heiroglyphics. It really does make me sad to think that somebody would deface any part of the towers :(

*sniffs* "Don't like Merlin" :(

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:51 pm

As to the suggestion of the no under 18's without an over 18's, just no, what about people like me who's parent do not want to or can't go on the rides?
[/quote]

They don't have to go on the ride with you just into the park.

Queenmaya99
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
As to the suggestion of the no under 18's without an over 18's, just no, what about people like me who's parent do not want to or can't go on the rides?

They don't have to go on the ride with you just into the park.
[/quote]
tbh I still think its wrong. Why does it have to be 18, to start with? Because you might get a group of 16 year olds, coming for a laugh. They might be mature. Its just discrimination, your basically saying "All under 18's are immature, and will graffti and vandelise."
And also, the main graffiti is in the queue lines, so saying "The adults don't have to go on the rides" just defeats the point.
______  ___                     
___   |/  /_____ _____  _______ _
__  /|_/ /_  __ `/_  / / /  __ `/
_  /  / / / /_/ /_  /_/ // /_/ /
/_/  /_/  \__,_/ _\__, / \__,_/ 
                 /____/

Poison Tom 96

Tue May 01, 2012 4:40 pm

I am 15 and going in park alone Saturday for two hours before [email protected] actually begins. I think I should be allowed in alone.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Graffiti

Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 am

I've been travelling independently to the park since I was 13, and the majority of my non-TTF visits are with entirely under 18 groups.

There's no way such a rule should be implemented, and it wouldn't even prevent graffiti - many parents wouldn't be in the ride queuelines themselves to police.

More importantly, however, is the sheer ageism - I'd bet a good proportion of the graffiti comes from people over 18...most teenagers are lovely people, ya'know :P

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Yes, sort of .