UK theme parks from another point of view!

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Am I too big for the rides?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Topics merged. 8)

Please remember to use the search function below the forum header to check for similar topics before posting in future. :)

Thanks!

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm also looking for information on chest restrictions on the Smiler. I'd love to go on but my bust has increased. I couldn't put the restraint down on Nemesis or Oblivion or Rita on the test seats in May last year.

However looking on the Alton Towers website there seems to be no chest restraint guidelines like there is on the CWOA website. Anyone with measurements or info on the bigger seats of the Smiler. Really like to go on it this year if not have to wait until next year when I have shifted some more weight!

Thanks in advance!

kirst
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi there guys!
I was just wondering what you's think the weight and chest measurements are for the rides. I've recently been to lightwater valley and i fit in all of the rides there with no problems. I am a size 14-16-18 depending on what clothes really, i'm a 38D bra but if i measure around i'm around a 47' if that helps and all my weights mainly on my chest and waist, I have very skinny legs but i am around 14 - 15 stone! Not proud trying my best to loose the weight! What do you guys think? any help will be appreciated
x

AT1991
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Hey i know i have already posted this many times but Im really worried about going to Alton Towers next week i have a big stomach and a size 22,18st.5 and i really want to go on the smiler but nobody has posted anything thing weight related it, does anyone think i will fit please help!
Last edited by AT1991 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kirsty25

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:14 am

AT1991 wrote:
Hey i know i have already posted this many times but Im really worried about going to Alton Towers next week i have a big stomach and a size 22,18st.5 and i really want to go on the smiler but nobody has posted anything thing weight related it, does anyone think i will fit please help!

Try ringing Alton towers, as though our fanbase knowledge is rather vast, perhaps no-one knows specifically. I'm 14st 8 and was fine on the smiler. The restraints seem to be some kind of hydraulic based system as opposed to rachets like blivvy (someone correct my if I'm wrong) I think the usual chest size of 51" applies though.
Last edited by Kirsty25 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AT1991
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey my chest isnt 51" its 48", i thought it was the stomach what would effect it as i have a large stomach. thanks for replying to me :)

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:29 pm

The 51" measurement refers to the maximum that most coasters allow and anyone exceeding that probably wouldn't be able to ride.  Hope that helps :)

AT1991
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Hello i previously posted on this forum saying i was nervous fitting on the ride and here is what i went on. Went to Alton Towers on the 6th of July for two days the first day i went on the rapids fit fine, duel fit fine and went on sub terror Nemesis and was awesome and fit fine. Second day i went on The smiler it was amazing and fit on perficially fine with out any trouble, went on oblivion asked for the big boy seats and the said i didn't need them which they were right i fitted fine, tried the air seat unfortunately i didn't fit and the Que was too long so didn't bother going on it  but i think i probably would of fit on the bigger seats in row 4 seat 2,3, tried the tester seat for Rita i did fit but the ride broke down so couldn't go on it  :(. thirteen was a bit tight for my stomach but i fit, lastly I went on the nemesis and went on row 4 and fitted fine but i think if i was a bit bigger don't think i would of been able to fit.

weight 18st .6
Hips/stomach 58"
chest 48"
height 5 ft 2
try not to worry just go and have a great day :) it is a awesome day out. hope this helps

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 pm

In some people's case, despite being over weight, it's not the main problem, it's the design of OSTR's and they way they pivot over shoulders.

I can't say I noticed if the Smiler is much different from saw in it's design of restraints, but I know due to a friends height, 6,4 plus those broad shoulders of his, the bottom of the restraint didn't even touch his belly, Rita/Stealth were even worse for this.

Some rides fortunately have been modified for big boys, tbh, when I hear that, I don't think "fat" any more, I just think big guy.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 am

And in the case of rides like The Swarm, there is a maximum height so you can be too tall for the ride :-(

Or Slammer has a maximum weight of 110Kg
If you go down to the woods today