UK theme parks from another point of view!

saxineno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wobble World Height Policy

Sun May 20, 2012 10:57 am

Ever such a minor grumble, but I thought it might be worth mentioning...  :lol:

Yesterday we went to Alton Towers with my 2 year old daughter, and her 2 year old friend.  After Ice Age we thought we'd let them play together in Wobble World for half an hour, so we went in. 

Turns out we had a slight problem, my daughter is 0.93 metres, her friend is 0.85 metres.  Because Wobble World is split into two sections, one for 0.9m and above and one for 0.9 and below, the two children couldn't play together in the same section.

I appreciate that the same is true for all height restrictions across the park, but I'm not sure why my daughter couldn't have played with her friend in the younger area, particularly as there was only one other child in there, and they were all under parental supervision!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Re: Wobble World Height Policy

Sun May 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Alton take their safety of guests very seriously so they would not allow any exceptions however close they are to a restriction. Yes it may sound ridiculous but Alton are strict on this matter.

And maybe she couldn't of played in the younger area due to other parents complaining that their children could be hurt by older children or something.

Other than that, hope you had a good day!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

saxineno
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 20, 2012 2:17 pm

We did!

The good news of course was that she had just hit 0.9 metres, so we could take her onto runaway mine train etc. :)

aircanman
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 pm

saxineno wrote:
We did!

The good news of course was that she had just hit 0.9 metres, so we could take her onto runaway mine train etc. :)

I had this last year, problem is my boy is tall for his age, and at 2 he was just over 90cm.  But he was too young to play in the big bit where all the hooligans were.  This was unfair in my opinion and whether AT stick to the rules or not it should have been taken into account. 

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 pm

The issue Towers have, even if they wanted to allowed children over the height limit to go in regardless, it would go against their own guidelines for hight checks. Could question the whole hight limit thing entirely. It's unfortunately one of those rules that has to be enforced, even in circumstances like this. And I can guarantee, most staff will have sympathy for you, but their hands are tied unfortunately.

The only way around it, would be a potential rule change in Wobble World, where it included a suggested height and a maximum/minimum height limit... but this would just become confusing.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."