UK theme parks from another point of view!

Hobbes130
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

2 Day Tour of AT

Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 am

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum :)

We're going to AT for two days in August  :shock: Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd. We know it will be busy and we will get done what we get done. 

We do have ERT because we bought our tickets online but we are not sure whether to rush to the park for this time. Is it really worth it? Surely everyone has access to this because why would you not buy online with the price reduction and the hotel guests can use it too. We're staying about 50minutes drive from the park so in my mind I would prefer to get up, enjoy breakfast at our hotel and aim to get to the park for main opening at 10am. We can stay until 6pm and have 2 days so don't feel the need to rush around and cram everything in to the first day. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Our group consists of me confirmed roller coaster addict, my hubby can take or leave them and our slightly nervous 9 year old. I will be happy using single rider lines for the big coaster where they exist, the others I'll ride if the queues are not too big. Most of our rides will be the more family orientated ones. So keeping this in mind if you had two full days at the towers

1. Would you split the park for leisurely touring each day, keeping walking around to a minimum and not needing to rush?
2. Would you still make use of ERT?
3. What rides would you head for first?
4. Anything else?

Thanks for your help  :D

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2 Day Tour of AT

Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 am

If it were me I'd definitely get there for ERT at 9am - the park is much quieter and most rides are walk-on for that hour. You do have 2 days in which to do the park as you say, but I would hazard a guess at the park being very busy during those two days and so it is likely that you will have to queue for long periods to get on most rides, even with the single rider queue.

In regards to your other questions, I've never been to AT on two consecutive days so I don't really know what I'd do - probably just go around the whole park on both days, and try and get on as much as possible. That's just me though, if you'd rather take it slower and cover half of the park per day then that's also fine.

I would head to the Dark Forest first if I were you, ERT or not. The queue for Rita in particular is one of the longest and slowest moving in the whole park, especially on a busy day. Thi3teen also gets some lengthy queues albeit having a very good throughput.  :)

garyh
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 pm

ERT is definately worth it!

ParkLogic_Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Most people use buy one get one free vouchers which is even cheaper than the online price.

ERT is a very very quiet time for the park as is the last hour or so usually quiet where you can take in a lot of rides.

2 days will be more than enough to take everything in, I once visited at the end of August a few years back for 3 days in a row and managed to rack a ride count of 130+ in using barely any fast tracks (1 flume as it was a 60 min queue) with a combination of ERT  till ride close every day.

AT's family rides are fantastic too and rides such as Congo river rapids and RMT or Duel are staples in any visit, the recent addition of Ice Age 4D is fun too however not something you'd want to do twice in a short time.

oldgitBEN

Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 pm

I suggest that if you have 2 days I would split the park in half. Using ERT on day one (and probably not on day two).

Day 1: ERT: Get mine train and Nemesis done.
Then when the park opens you are in FV and able to beat the crowds with Sub Terra and Air (plus blade and ripsaw if you wish).
Then work back toward the park entrance, Duel, RTM again, Rapids, Then around lunch eat in Canyon or Mutiny Bay.
Spend time in Mutiny Bay, the sea life is great, and the pirate show is worth a watch too.

Any spare time - i would use for re-rides.

----

Day 2:
In at 10, get 13 and Rita as early as possible.
Then Hex, Charlie and Ice Age (plus other CCL rides) around lunch.

Afternoon get through x-sector and finally spinball via single rider (there is never a good time to get on spinball, always use single rider).

--
Extra time - anything you like.

Even on very busy days use a plan, aim for busy areas asap to get out of the way and then relax and enjoy.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

I'd get the rides you want to do (as a thrill seeker) out the way first so you can enjoy the rest of the park with your family one after the other, I'd highly recommend doing the Mutiny-Katanga-Gloomy route early on.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.