UK theme parks from another point of view!

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The Sheet Music Thread

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 am

Having completed a couple of transcriptions of AT ride themes over the last few months, and doing another as a work in progress, I thought I'd collate them all in this thread for easier reference if anyone wanted to find them all.

I'll categorise them below to make it as clear as possible :) All are for piano, in case that wasn't obvious :P

WORK IN PROGRESS
Duel Theme

Online Notation:
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/2 ... 43033f4487

COMPLETE
Hex Theme

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7VoBDT6h30

Online Notation:
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/0 ... 156b21c13f

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?781up57p1cr8acl

Towers Street Theme

Online Notation:
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/4 ... 3ddc1f238c

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fy0jo6yrz ... tTheme.pdf

Hopefully I'll be doing a few more of these in the future once I've finished Duel  8)

Thanks,

Alastair.

Ollie16
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Sheet Music Thread

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 am

So impressed by your video playing Hex. Truly inspiring! Well done!
What he said.

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:38 am

Ollie16 wrote:

:oops: Didn't think it was that good to be honest, a few mistakes! Thanks anyway though  :)

RickiAscension
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Great...

I come to the towerstimes forum to escape the thought of my impending ALCM Vocal teaching diploma, and what do I find? a thread containing musical scores!

Haha, no but seriously, great job! Loving the hex theme. I actually got 80% through transcribing a full version of the hex theme including all instrumentation, but I lost the dam file after I changed laptops!! Lost all enthusiasm for it after that haha!

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Would you be able to do a video of the Towers Street one?

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 am

alex tyler wrote:
Would you be able to do a video of the Towers Street one?

I will get around to it eventually, got a lot on atm though  :)

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 am

The Psychoaster wrote:
Ollie16 wrote:

:oops: Didn't think it was that good to be honest, a few mistakes! Thanks anyway though  :)

Seriously, you are truly talented. It was amazing. If I could favourite it twice, I would. I would also like to thank you for occupying my holidays with your perfect notation of the Towers Street theme, I can never get the changing notes fluent as my hands aren't big enough! Have you ever tried it before, was it hard to play?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 am

Stelios7 wrote:
The Psychoaster wrote:
Ollie16 wrote:

Seriously, you are truly talented. It was amazing. If I could favourite it twice, I would. I would also like to thank you for occupying my holidays with your perfect notation of the Towers Street theme, I can never get the changing notes fluent as my hands aren't big enough! Have you ever tried it before, was it hard to play?

Some parts are a bit more difficult than others, but on the whole I would say with a bit of practice I could pretty much get it to a recordable level. The left hand part is the most difficult especially on the second to last page - probably should have made it a bit easier to play!

Jordan

The Sheet Music Thread

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Have to say, massive thanks for transcribing this.

Am really enjoying learning the Towers Street theme :-)

RickiAscension
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:17 pm

I need to start getting my butt in gear at learning piano, I teach popular music vocals using the piano for accompaniment with the scales and warmups, but rely on backing tracks for repertoire. It's ok in Pop vocals, but in other areas it's not the best idea...

Sitting Grade 8 ABRSM Music Theory in a weeks time though! This thread is obviously good revision...right? ;) haha!

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

RickiAscension wrote:
I need to start getting my butt in gear at learning piano, I teach popular music vocals using the piano for accompaniment with the scales and warmups, but rely on backing tracks for repertoire. It's ok in Pop vocals, but in other areas it's not the best idea...

Sitting Grade 8 ABRSM Music Theory in a weeks time though! This thread is obviously good revision...right? ;) haha!

Haha excellent revision - Grade 5 Theory was enough for me! I'm doing my ABRSM Grade 8 Practical in a few weeks also - will probably find the time to record the Towers Street theme after that and my A2's  ;)

RickiAscension
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Nice! I got a Distinction for my Grade 8 practical but I did LCM for Pop vocals - moving onto some classical training at Uni next term!

And yeah Grade 8 theory - NIGHTMARE! It's a world away from grade 5, so much advanced analysis in the questions. I think I'll be lucky to scrape a pass...once my Teaching diploma exam is done on monday I have 5 days to revise for it so I think I'm just gonna thrash past papers constantly and get my tutor to mark them.

I might actually have another go at transcribing the entire orchestra of the hex theme again...the good part is the repeating motif doesn't change much throughout!

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 am

RickiAscension wrote:
Nice! I got a Distinction for my Grade 8 practical but I did LCM for Pop vocals - moving onto some classical training at Uni next term!

And yeah Grade 8 theory - NIGHTMARE! It's a world away from grade 5, so much advanced analysis in the questions. I think I'll be lucky to scrape a pass...once my Teaching diploma exam is done on monday I have 5 days to revise for it so I think I'm just gonna thrash past papers constantly and get my tutor to mark them.

I might actually have another go at transcribing the entire orchestra of the hex theme again...the good part is the repeating motif doesn't change much throughout!

Haha I started this the other day after you said yours was lost - orchestration by ear is really hard!

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/9 ... 20d6956d1b

There's my product so far  ;)

Mulcracker
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:51 pm

My attempt at the Hex music on my keyboard set on the 'choir - ooh' sounds pretty amazing  :P

What pieces are you planning on doing in the future?

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Mulcracker wrote:
My attempt at the Hex music on my keyboard set on the 'choir - ooh' sounds pretty amazing  :P

Well, I was considering doing the Nemesis theme but I vaguely remember someone on here already did it? So going through the rest of the things I've not covered - Air, Thirteen, Rita (not enough of a melody although I could possibly have a go at part of the Dark Forest theme); The Flume/Old Monorail theme/Katanga theme (would be relatively short but fun). Can anyone think of anymore that have transcriptional tunes?

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:29 pm

The Psychoaster wrote:
Mulcracker wrote:

Well, I was considering doing the Nemesis theme but I vaguely remember someone on here already did it? So going through the rest of the things I've not covered - Air, Thirteen, Rita (not enough of a melody although I could possibly have a go at part of the Dark Forest theme); The Flume/Old Monorail theme/Katanga theme (would be relatively short but fun). Can anyone think of anymore that have transcriptional tunes?

Parts of the Berry Bish Bash would be easy enough and I'd recommend to do Katanga next so it's something easy for lesser experienced to master.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

fredward

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Massive thanks for this! Brilliant, mind if I transpose to guitar tablature? I'm not so good at reading notation! Lol, I can share here if anyone's interested, and of course give all credit! :D
Last edited by fredward on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neuros
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Some day, may we have a Midi file so us tech geeks can remix it?
Plugger and proud

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

fredward wrote:
Massive thanks for this! Brilliant, mind if I transpose to guitar tablature? I'm not so good at reading notation! Lol, I can share here if anyone's interested, and of course give all credit! :D

Yeah fine, would be great to see someone play the Duel theme on electric guitar! Blaze?

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Neuros wrote:
Some day, may we have a Midi file so us tech geeks can remix it?

I'm pretty sure you can get it? If you click on the online notation link - go to File, then Export, then change the file type to MIDI? Let me know if it works or not  :)