UK theme parks from another point of view!

aircanman
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Ride Downtime Thread 2012

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Spin ball also closed today.

Marky_Boy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Did Rita and Spinball open today at all?

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 pm

aircanman wrote:
Currently in the park, Rita isn't working. Is it broken or just opening later ??!!

For what it was worth it was running all day on the 18th.  Although they are doing some sort of work around the underpass, I thought it was just a temporary safety measure, perhaps they are adding some sort of mesh to under the structure.  They are still holding back the queue from passing under the ride until a launch has been completed.

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Rita is having a New & Larger tunnel built under the launch closer to the arcade (possibly for when the park gets busier during scare-fest)

Sonic is having work done on its brakes as has been mentioned previously.

aircanman
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm

roary01 wrote:
Rita is having a New & Larger tunnel built under the launch closer to the arcade (possibly for when the park gets busier during scare-fest)

Sonic is having work done on its brakes as has been mentioned previously.

Thanks, Rita re-opened on the 19th in the end, Sonic was closed all day, no workmen on site though...

DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:04 pm

I was also on the park on the 19th and as mentioned above Sonic Spinball was closed all day and Rita did have periods where it was closed and open.

The main queue opened about 11am so we got into the ride queue...... we got next to Th13teen and the ride broke down. 15 mins later queue started to move and we got next to ride (front row) and the ride broke down again......
best response to a customer from a Ride Op ive ever heard coming up.... :D :D :D :D

Some lads were arguing with the Ride Op  that a ride should never break down and that its bad service to customers who pay when rides are not available ......... the conversation went like this........

Lads "This is wrong you should test the rides before you open and that way we get value for money"

Ride Op "Do you own a car?"

Lads "Yeah so what????"

AT This point i looked at the ride op (She was a pleasant girl who was smiling and explaining the situation to the lads) I replied i know exactly what your going to say to these lads  :D :D

Ride Op "When you brought your car do you kowo exacly when its going to break down?? "

Lads "Well i dont know when its going to beak down do I?"

Ride Op "We dont know when our rides break down just like you don't know when your car breaks down, It happens"

the Ride Op wasn't talking down op the lads and was polite. She had a fair point Ride Ops don't know when rides break down but they do their best to fix it as quickly as possible.

the ride op left the lads and pointed to me as i was next to them and she said "See he knows and understands" i replied "As soon as you said do you own a car? i knew exactly what you were going to say  :D"

I didn't take the Ride Ops name but she was working on Rita on Wednesdsy 19th September and had blonde hair in a pony tail.

Just wanted to say thanks for the truely EPIC way you dealt with the lads who were giving you some stick.

certainly made my day and made me smile  :D :D :D :D

Jodapersoda
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Sonic Spinball got stuck yesterday in the morning. Felt very sorry for the four people stuck up there in the rain (thankfully on a horizontal part of the track).

Also, when we pulled back in the station on Thirteen, the fire alarm was going off and everyone was evacuated... It was shut for around an hour, although I'm not sure how long for exactly. It was annoying as our bags were stuck in the baggage hold! On of the staff told me the alarm had gone off earlier as well so presumably was just a fault. It -opened again before we left (and we got our bags back!).

synghters
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 pm

I was at the park today and rita had a breakdown due to an electrical fault but they got it up and running very quickly, was a little funny actually as one of the ride ops came out with what looked like a jump starter box like you get for your car, maybe i should of brought my car around and hooked some battery cables lol.

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Ride Downtime Thread 2012

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:47 am

synghters wrote:
I was at the park today and rita had a breakdown due to an electrical fault but they got it up and running very quickly, was a little funny actually as one of the ride ops came out with what looked like a jump starter box like you get for your car, maybe i should of brought my car around and hooked some battery cables lol.

This was probably the charge box they use to unlock restraints when the train isn't in the station.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Looks like the new larger tunnel under ritas launch is now in use which should help ease congestion when it gets to scarefest..
From AT guide on facebook

Delta79
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 pm

synghters wrote:

cue the chav's on facebook saying "they had to jump start rita, when i was at Alton Towers"  :D

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Submission has been experiencing some significant downtime of late, and its current appearance would suggest that the ride may not be reopening for an extended period of time - anyone know more
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

leammiles
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Submission was open on thursday when i went, however the side that never runs looked in a really bad state, a few panels had been taken off and it looked like it had been left to rot.

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Hex was down today!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 pm

I do wonder is this is Submissions last year
If you go down to the woods today

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:50 pm

Does anybody know why oblivion closed at 7:45 tonight> I was in the shuttle just outside the station when there was an air leak, my guess is that one of the drive tyres became flat.

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 am

Aren't they fixing Submission ready for the next season so that it's back in it's old former glory again in time for the area clean and sw7 opening?

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm

The Flume went down at 11.10 yesterday for about 15mins something to do with a fault - Air went down at 2pm yesterday also was down for 20mins to do with the tipping back not working right. And the cable cars went down for around 15mins also at 5pm but all got up and running.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

lozzyhickers
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:43 pm

stu1980 wrote:
The Flume went down at 11.10 yesterday for about 15mins something to do with a fault - Air went down at 2pm yesterday also was down for 20mins to do with the tipping back not working right. And the cable cars went down for around 15mins also at 5pm but all got up and running.
Not surprised with Air to be honest, it happens quite a lot
I heard that the cable cars were down because a sensor failed causing two gondolas in the station to contact, So it had to be reset.

amy0192
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:44 pm

I've been pretty lucky on downtime this year. I've been several times and have only seen Submission down, and Air for around 20 minutes. I hope nothings down when I go for Scarefest on the 20th, that would be gutting.  :cry:
Don't be scared to walk alone, don't be scared to like it.