UK theme parks from another point of view!

sebshep18
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Ride Downtime Thread 2012

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Yesterday was the worst i have experienced it this year, Air, flume thirteen rita all broke down and spinball why i was in the que. Went to thirteen twice to see if it had reopened and it broke down again, not a good overall day yesterday but hopefully will get better.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:56 pm

sebshep18 wrote:
Yesterday was the worst i have experienced it this year, Air, flume thirteen rita all broke down and spinball why i was in the que. Went to thirteen twice to see if it had reopened and it broke down again, not a good overall day yesterday but hopefully will get better.

Thirteen so a mate told me was a train stuck somewhere thats all they said - however at 8.20pm it was on again
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

23Skidoo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:16 pm

I have nothing to add to the downtime conversation, just wanted to say I'm glad I now know why they were stopping people from queuing past a certain point in Rita's queue line. It was driving me mad wondering! Also wasn't sure what the tunnel thing was for heading towards Thirteen/Rita but now I know! Just as well I read this now and not before we left otherwise OH would not have gotten on Rita!

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 pm

went on rita last night and as i was waiting on the station to go on, one of the trains overparked on the exit, so the staff had to manually let the guests out, so one car was being tested and still not working while the other car was working fine, so that caused the queue time to increase alot... and then having seen 13 go round empty a few times while waiting for rita, went to the queue (but to the exit as a member had a disabled pass) to find it kept breaking down with people on it, something to do with one of the three cars getting stuck or sensors or something like that, so after about 20 minutes of queing (apparently it had been constantly breaking down for the past 2 horus before that) they took the car off that was causing the problems and then we got on the next train and everything was fine; not a good day/evening for dark forest!
Image 2014

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 am

We experienced, Air, Th13teen, Rita all break down on us, Alton is getting as bad as Thorpe... well not as bad as Thorpe for downtime, but everytime I have been to Alton this year (10 times) Rita has broken down every time...
If you go down to the woods today

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 pm

According to the AT app Rita is closed.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 pm

surprise surprise

RAFFATOWERS
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Went 13 Oct 2012, we had a breakdown on Oblivion, after heavy rain and hail, only lasted about 20 mins before it opened again, also Rita and thirteen breaking-down all day but still got to ride later in the dark amazing.

beanz32101
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 am

hi guys, visited on mon 22nd oct. rita was closed when we walked past around 11.30am then opened not long afterwards, then closed again around 7pm i think and then reopened around 8pm so if you see it open you may want to make sure you get on it.

also the staff stop the queue line just before you go under the track section of rita (assuming its still to do with the part that broke as the area around it is also closed) and then let so many people walk through to the ride so even though the queue may look long take this into account as it will make the queue look quite abit longer.

thanks,
mike

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:49 am

beanz32101 wrote:
hi guys, visited on mon 22nd oct. rita was closed when we walked past around 11.30am then opened not long afterwards, then closed again around 7pm i think and then reopened around 8pm so if you see it open you may want to make sure you get on it.

also the staff stop the queue line just before you go under the track section of rita (assuming its still to do with the part that broke as the area around it is also closed) and then let so many people walk through to the ride so even though the queue may look long take this into account as it will make the queue look quite abit longer.

thanks,

mike

This is where the fast track entrance. It works the same way as Nemesis

J2750
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 pm

New to the forum and have never experienced a breakdown at AT

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Thirteen, Duel and Sonic Spinball Whizzer all had downtime today. In fact, we saw people actually stuck on Sonic!

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Rita closed lastnight at around 7pm due to tech issues and never reopened.
the Que was a good 60+ mins as we skipped it for a ride on thirteen beuse it wa only 20 Mins. When we got off Thirteen we founf them emptying the que of very unhappy people...... bad times.

Duel might as well have bee closed too, the music all around the ride was off. the only music you could hear was that from the loading bay echoing round the ride building.

lastly, every train that entered Air Station 2 had loading issues. it would rise up and drop by a few inches before locking in because the seats were not locking into place.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

b2311e

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 pm

I noticed something wrong with Air's station 2 on Wednesday - There's definitely something wrong there. It was taking so long to dispatch from that side, and you could tell the hosts knew about it, as they would push on some restrains more than others.
The ride had actually closed not long before this (and queue cleared), don't know if it was related as I was just walking up and seen the queue empty out.

wakey1512
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Airs nearside station definitely needs some sensors setting up properly. The restraints need to be closed millimeter perfect before the ride will initiate. Sometimes only a gnats cock hair out..

Rita closed temporarily while a few empty cars were sent out. Oblivion also.

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Why is Rita so bad for downtime ??

wakey1512
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

A new launch cable was fitted earlier this year, perhaps the ride needs recalibration or something wasn't set up properly?

TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:42 pm

It's to do with the hydraulics as to the current downtime, the current cold weather is not helping

Corkscrew Lover
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

When i Go To Alton Towers, Air Always Has Broken Down. Is It One Of The Most Unreliable Ride There, Also Last YEar In The Que It Broke 5 Times, Why Is This?

b2311e

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Corkscrew Lover wrote:
When i Go To Alton Towers, Air Always Has Broken Down. Is It One Of The Most Unreliable Ride There, Also Last YEar In The Que It Broke 5 Times, Why Is This?

A lot of the time the ride can't actually leave the station, as it thinks the harnesses aren't locked properly. It takes the safe-side approach in that if there's any doubt, it doesn't move. Also, with Air, there's quite a lot of things to break - There's 2 transfer tracks, 2 lowering floors, 2 station's worth of trains which have a fairly large number of sensors between them checking restraints; and then of course the tilting mechanism.
Provided all that is going to plan, you might actually leave the station  :P

I'll be possible for the trains to get stuck on the lift hill/on the break run also, if the block doesn't clear when it should (down to sensors playing up thinking there's a train there)