UK theme parks from another point of view!

Macca79
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

What was your best trip to Alton Towers?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:04 am

I thought i would start a topic where people could talk about their best trip to Alton Towers ever.
When was it?
Who did you go with?
What did you do and what made it the best trip ever?
Last edited by Macca79 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PeteMadden

Re: What was your best trip to Alton Towers?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Last summer, first Friday of the summer holdiays. Went with a friend, his brother and his father. Considering it was the first Friday of summer we expected huge queues, especially because the weather was so fantastic (summer sun, very much unlike the weather now). We were surprised the queues didn't reach over half an hour max! And the only time it did at the peak of the day on Oblivion we had a fast track for! Great day, did so many rides that day considering I got ERT as well.

Queenmaya99
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Last year, my first 'real' trip going on all the rides, and seeing the black eyed peas at the end!
We had an amazing day, just me & my dad, me missing school ( with permission of corse!), fast tracks, going on everything, and an amazing concert at the end!
______  ___                     
___   |/  /_____ _____  _______ _
__  /|_/ /_  __ `/_  / / /  __ `/
_  /  / / / /_/ /_  /_/ // /_/ /
/_/  /_/  \__,_/ _\__, / \__,_/ 
                 /____/

HFantasma
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:18 pm

A long while ago on a college trip, nice cloudy but mild day and the park was quiet. The longest que was 30mins for Air. Everything else was 10mins if not walk on. We went on everything we wanted except Air at least twice, I think we did oblivion 3 times if I can remember. It was a theme park lovers dream day!
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!

JoeGibbon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Last September on a random Thursday, got on Nemesis 5 or 6 times, aswell as the other coaster multiple times and loads of other rides too. The weather held out for us aswell :D

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 pm

I've had several really good trips to AT, mainly due to visiting at quiet times so getting a high ride count was a great result :)

In addition, the two firework displays I've been to - they both had a good atmosphere and were very impressive.

pete towers freak
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 am

My best trip was my first. I had never been to a Theme park before and i couldnt believe the wonderfull atoms and the size of the park. I dont rerally remember what ride i went on first but i remember the last ride was on AIR. That trip has kept me comeing back year after year.

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 am

The trip that stands out the most was last Scarefest. I managed 40 rides, including a memorable experience on Ripsaw and Th13teen in the dark.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

thatboyfromthewoods
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm

My favourite Towers trip has to be Scarefest 2009? The Field of a thousand screams last year went with a bunch of lads was about 6 of us went on everything and generally created many laughs and had a brilliant time will never forget it!

CoventryBee
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 pm

It's a toss up between Scarefest 09 and February Half Term 2011.

Scarefest 2009 because it was the first time riding the big rides and going with a group of friends, and riding Oblivion in the dark... LOVED the atmosphere.

February Half Term 2011 because I got to ride Nemesis 28 times (10 times in a row :D)

Hibscasual
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:11 pm

April 2010 my son and myself fell in love with the place , its a yearly pilgrimage now,
Let vintage cars rust in peace

N3m3s1s
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:22 pm

My first! It was 2007, I only found out I was going the day before and I was staying 2 nights in Splash Landings. That was all I knew. The monorail over the park just left me breathless. I'd only ever had one theme park experience before, and that was at Thorpe. Alton was just on a whole new level. Being quite tall for my age, I got to go on most rides, and walking into FV as an 8 year old was so cool! Ahh, just loved, and I still do! Now I go once a year (usually scarefest)!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 am

My best year was August 1993 seeing Nemesis getting built. At the time all that was built was the lift hill and the first inline turn as they was no Internet back then seeing the track upside down I thought the coaster traveled upside down. Also my fav ride was Astro dancer. Also back then I enjoyed the more rides they had on offer to today's standard. If I remember festival park had the most rides on offer in a section pity it's got the least on offer nowadays.

I would have said 1994 but I queued for around 3 hours to ride Nemesis that day. So only got on Nemesis,toyland tours,the rapids,haunted house and 1001 nights all day.

sully1311
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

Me and 12 other mates bunked off school for the day in 2008 so we could go when it was empty. Vast majority of queues with literally 2 min max, with the longest being 10min for Rita just after lunch! Doing Nemesis 4 times in a row was just mind blowing! Actually felt a bit weird after that!

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:43 am

may 11th this year,no ques for anything and I managed 35 rides