UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Scarefest 2012: General Questions Topic

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 pm

TuesdayNightChat wrote:
the scarefest thread is a tad slow,as well as AT actually introducing any information,can anyone tell me as i am dying to get booked up(pardon the pun),but are the scare rooms back this year?

As of yet they've released nothing in the way of info on Scarerooms and rumours from reliable sources have said that they WILL NOT be returning  :(

Bad Times.

TuesdayNightChat wrote:
the scarefest thread is a tad slow,as well as AT actually introducing any information,can anyone tell me as i am dying to get booked up(pardon the pun),but are the scare rooms back this year?

This is straight of the Alton Towers website -

Exclusion dates: Concert dates, October 27th & 28th and November 3rd & 4th

All restriction scan be found here:

http://www.altontowers.com/alton-towers ... AnnualPass
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Mikkel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Will the 23rd (Tuesday) of october and the 24th (Wednesday) be reasonably quiet?

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Honestly not a clue... i'm trying to guess when will be quiet but i just dont think any of the days will be.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Mikkel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Ok thanks. Still better than a weekend i guess

coasterollie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:38 am

lurves wrote:
Does anyone know which weekend the travellers are likely to descend en masse please? Thanks

I think it's the first Sunday of the event. If not it's the second Sunday but I'm sure I remember it being the first weekend.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 am

We have complied a comprehensive information section on our new Scarefest mini site - http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/scarefest/info/

Hokeystokie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:53 am

Does anyone know.... I hold a disabled MAP which comes with free carer, so for scarefest mazes do I need I buy 2 tickets or 1 as the conditions are the same????

Love to hear what people think?

I have emailed guest services etc and waiting.

Hokeystokie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Hiya in trying I book scarefest tickets where do I put in about having a MAP to get 20% off the 5-9 slot

Many thanks

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 pm

That discount is only available when buying in person at the park I believe, and as a result is subject to availability on the day.

tommyjlewis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie, please be gentle. It says on the Scarefest mini site that you can save money with 2 for 1 vouchers. Can anyone name specific 2 for 1 vouchers that are acceptable for Scarefest as I know the ones from WHSmith state that they aren't valid during special events.

Cheers

broco101
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:40 pm

does dressing up on the scarefest make it loads more fun or does it just get irritating when going on rides etc etc????

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am

It's not that bad, but AT have this stupid policy where you are not allowed to wear anything that covers your head, even whilst walking around the rides, so make sure you have a costume that makes sense without a mask or wig. To be honest its always so cold that time of year, the extra layer is actually kind of nice. Just don't go on any water rides though...

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am

I have never been to any of the Scarefest and Fright Night events (probably because im a wimp  :oops:) Are they any good? I wouldnt go in the scary mazes after Saw Alive! Is it fun going on the rides in the dark, I bet Nemmy would be awesome.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:22 pm

They are very good events I think and are worth going to, especially as I'm a fan of horror mazes as well as rides.

Coasters in the dark are really good and Nemesis is one of the best as is Oblivion.

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I have a Annual pass, would I have to pay extra?

Double H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi there all, Long time follower, short time member.

I am going to the Scarefest on the 23rd-25th and just wondered if people went in fancy dress around that time or is it to early?

I figured that its a scarefest, people can go and experience it how they like just like having a costume party at Halloween 1 week before the 31st etc - you don't not turn up in a costume.

But I just wondered what people thought of it.... whether its too early to dress up or ok?

Thanks all

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Last year I dressed up a good 2 weeks before haloween, and we definitely weren't the only ones. Although people kept mistaking us for park actors when we visited Thorpe Park.

Oh and if you're planning on wearing something really elaborate, expect a lot of people asking to take pictures with you too.

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Last Scarefest I was dressed as a monk and it was great to just stand in the hex ride area and just stand really still for ages, people were terrified of me! LOL! So its great fun, although my costume did sometimes get in the way a bit but it was just fun! Hahaha!

Double H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks,

I actually make Predator (the Arny film) costumes and attended venues etc with it. Scares the crud outta everyone but not the kind of thing to take to a theme park, way too many small pieces etc. See attachment
So I figured I would take my Ezio costume from Assassins Creed 2 (renaissance version) see how that pans out should be awesome, might spoke some people in dark places....

Thanks for the fast response, I am going with the costume idea hope the weather holds up enough

Coke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Marcus Assab wrote:
I have a Annual pass, would I have to pay extra?

No, there is no extra charge.

Does anybody know if the buses run later during Scarefest please? In particular the route from Stoke station? Thanks

Are you thirsty?