UK theme parks from another point of view!

shiv182
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Annual passes

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Just out of interest does anyone thing we should get more for our money from the annual passes, like getting the drink capsules for free or one free ride photo everytime you vist.......

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Annual passes

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Nope, it's bloody good value as it is. Once a MAP has been purchased its then Merlin's job to get as much further revenue from us on our visits...so giving more away free wouldn't be worth while.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

shiv182
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: Annual passes

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Yeah i guess your right, i just sometimes feel that we dont get as much as we could. I know we get discounts in the shops and some food outlets and the free parking for premium pass holders.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:56 pm

If annual passes in the Customer Service capital of the world, the US, give the same for a similar price, you are doing very well. And Alton offer similar offerings to Busch Gardens for a similar price, you are doing very, very well.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

DanteNero666
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:35 am

I'm sorry, you get unlimited access to 30+ attractions, half price entry to international attractions, discounts all over the place, ERT at AT & 20% off the hotel, free parking & much more... but it isn't enough? You want more for your MAXIMUM of £192, less if you renew, or buy online, or don't want premium, or buy as a group.

What else would you want for your money? Petrol money? Free food? How about 1 week of the year dedicated to MAP holders?

I love your idea of free photo's on each visit, say, go twice a week and soon you'll have £100's worth of photos on the wall.
Give me a coaster handshake!

Hokeystokie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:39 am

The only thing I'd like to see is the waterpark included, I'd be happy even if had restrictions but yes included waterpark and the scarefest mazes

sebshep18
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Hokeystokie wrote:
The only thing I'd like to see is the waterpark included, I'd be happy even if had restrictions but yes included waterpark and the scarefest mazes

i agree its good value for moeny but why miss out the warterpark ?

shiv182
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:44 pm

@ DanteNero666 there was no need to be rude about it, i only bought the topic up to get peoples opinions

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Don't worry about it Shiv, there are always some like that! Hmm...just have to deal with it!
And the Annual Pass Ideas sort of work, I don't agree that we have to pay the £15 odd amount it is for the refill things all year, I would rather they charged you the normal one day price...because it makes it feel more valid as an exclusive annual pass member (even though it no longer is) LOL! ;)

shiv182
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

at last someone who thinks on my wave length thanks jackgsce,i dont see  why we have to pay £15 when the everyday ones are so much cheaper, at the end of the day its not as if pass holders are getting any better quality drinks lol

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:15 pm

I think Annual Passes are great value,although I'm to young to get one.

shiv182
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 pm

yeah they are good value for money, especially with all the benefits and because you can use them all year you dont feel like you have to stay all day

DanteNero666
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 am

shiv182 wrote:
@ DanteNero666 there was no need to be rude about it, i only bought the topic up to get peoples opinions

And you got mine. I do apologize for the rudeness though, had just finished a late 12hr shift, and wasn't in the best of moods. Don't take it personally.
Give me a coaster handshake!

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 am

There were talks of a tiered anual pass service earlier in the year when they put out a customer survey. for Example, one of the options they suggested was pay something like £400 for unlimited fast tracks, photos, food etc. for the year.
But then as with the pass as it is, you really have to push to make it worthwhile. Realisitcally you're never going to pay more than £20 for entry, with 241's. You already have to visit 8 times a year just to break even. I'm not bashing it, because as someone who loves theme parks its definitely worth the money for me.

But I think that's all you really need from a pass, anything else runs the risk of becoming false economy, because you won't ALWAYS need food, fast tracks or photos, whereas entry to park is a necessity obviously.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 am

I'd only pay anywhere near that if it was worldwide Merlin. So I could travel to Florida or Cali and do Legoland. Or Germany and do Heid, etc.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

AJLlama
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm

I've had an annual pass for 2010 & 2011, i thought they were great value, but i go a lot. Main tip would be to buy one mid season, so you can do 2 lots of new rides, if you see what i mean?
Also, there was one day at thorpe when i can only assume it was asbo special day, so at lunchtime we went to chessie, was a really great day. would have cost a fortune otherwise, even with BOGOF

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I would like to see an all day dineing pass even at £100 a year it would be good value
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

I can see how that might be a good idea although the current discount annual pass holders get for food is pretty good.

It's especially good for the Explorers Pizza Pasta place as I've filled up on it on a number of occasions.

shiv182
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm

@DanteNero666 apology accepted, I owe you an apology too.... Sorry

DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Ive had an annual pass wayyyyy back since 2000 (the tussards days) ahhh the £59 renewal  :D

still think its good value and glad Merlin are on board with their attractions. Got a renewal PREMIUM for £95 last year at Thorpe Park with their Annual Pass preview event. still £144 is still good value as i made it back within the first month  :D