UK theme parks from another point of view!

marita
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

End of year sale.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Went to AT last night  for another go at Scarefest

The shops are having a end of year sale with 20% off everything and £25% off hoodies.

But

If you buy items on a 3 for 2 it does not count.

Also

If you are a annual pass holder you are not allowed to have your pass holder discount.
Now I am sorry if I'm being horrible here but if I buy an annual pass I expect to get my discount on top of offers
I have always had my discount.

It seems that as a AP holder we really get nothing as an incentive any more.
I am that fed up I am actually contemplating not renewing next year and saving myself £500

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Re: End of year sale.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:14 am

Most retailers will always say "Not in conjunction with any other offers" and all that.

But it does make the MAP discount void if you are not actually getting any discount. But I don't  expect anything will be done about it.
If you go down to the woods today

Thorpe Park is Epic!
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 pm

I thought at all merlin attractions you are meant to get 20% off food drinks and all shops! It's just unfair!

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 am

Thorpe Park is Epic! wrote:
I thought at all merlin attractions you are meant to get 20% off food drinks and all shops! It's just unfair!

But you're still getting 20% off of the standard price anyway.
So yeah, everyone is instead of just you but you get the discount year round, and still the discount on food and drinks.
I can't think of the last time I saw anywhere allow one offer on top of another like that.
I pay for an NUS student card, but I can't get a discount on sale items. Same principle applies.

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:58 am

No retailer would ever do that im sorry but your expectations are way to high
Image credit to Lewis97

Chris-TT

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 am

Alton Towers do need to make a profit. It's not cheap to run a theme park, especially she you have to invest in new rides every year.
If we were to get a further 20% off I imagine that would totally wipe out there profit margin.