UK theme parks from another point of view!

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
1 (8%)
terror of the towers
2 (17%)
the carnival of screams
8 (67%)
none( refer to below)
1 (8%)
 
Total votes: 12
 
User avatar
magicman85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 85
Joined: July 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:07 am

Alton13Nemesis wrote:
Scarefest 2013 should include sanctuary, COS and boiler house





https://www.facebook.com/InsideTheTowersNetwork


It's been done, I hope they go forwards and not backwards.... Boiler house became so boring the last time it was around. COS need's a massive improvement if it's to return. If they are to bring anything back I hope it will be the "Field of a thousand screams" Keep the sanctuary, but update it for scarefest. A brand new scaremaze for 2013, but go old school with it ie: haunted house, ghost, ghouls and goblin's... Just a thought... But going backwards is totally the wrong thing to do...Unless they are bring back duel live :)...
 
 
User avatar
magicman85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 85
Joined: July 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:14 am

Also I would love to see a new scaremaze for the younger generation done in old Mcdonald's farm, but on a much smaller and milder level. I dont think AT cater's a whole lot for the young one's. Yes they have the show on stage and some haunted story time's etc, but something a bit more interactive. as last year they did not even have Skelvins haunted adventure.  Maybe a scaremaze based on a jungle with scary animals or something.... Just a thought.
 
Liam B
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 492
Joined: July 2011
Location: South Lanarkshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:39 pm

I just want THE LIGHTS SORTED OUT! everything is going fairly good with scarefest! yes tott new story but the main problem with scarefest is the lights! they havent been good since 2010! get em sorted!
 
Henry
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 219
Joined: December 2012

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 am

magicman85 wrote:
Also I would love to see a new scaremaze for the younger generation done in old Mcdonald's farm, but on a much smaller and milder level. I dont think AT cater's a whole lot for the young one's. Yes they have the show on stage and some haunted story time's etc, but something a bit more interactive. as last year they did not even have Skelvins haunted adventure.  Maybe a scaremaze based on a jungle with scary animals or something.... Just a thought.


Thats awesome, but instead of animals, they could have Skelvin and all the characters pooping out going BOO and the kids laughing not crying, they could also have a leader who leads the group and creates a more fun atmosphere like 'quick kids, we have to get to Squirrel Nutty and then a character pops out and the leader goes ahhhhh you scared me!
Image
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Image
 
cybermen39
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 163
Joined: July 2009

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 pm

We all don't scare maze after scare maze put some glamour back into Halloween with a great family Halloween show.There's nothing inbetween its very young or something for adults they need something that all ages can enjoy.Last years tott was not that good anyhow just curtains and wire walls and actors that seemed half a sleep. And the same actors running from 1 curtain to another and you could see them doing it. The guests to the park make more of an effort than the staff. Just our point of view.
 
Liam B
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 492
Joined: July 2011
Location: South Lanarkshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

would completely disagree with thee above but the different days may have varied in quality. my experience was once again pretty darn scary even though I had been on the same layout from 4 YEARS! but yeah the need something a little less intense. I think the zombies is not very intense as you are with SO MANY PEOPLE while going through so the feeling of all alone not knowing if your going to get out is ruined by the fact you can here the rides and are with about 20 people a go.
 
Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 374
Joined: March 2011

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 pm

I hope they start considering leaving behind the konga-line style mazes.
Ex10 and The Passing were both a free for all, and I really didn't see it causing any sort of pacing or timing issues. It just makes it so much better being able to at your own pace, and not at the speed of the 13 year old girl at front who decides to run through because she's scared of everything that casts a shadow.
 
User avatar
ryanlovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 184
Joined: May 2009
Location: Amity Speedway

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am

Really I want this years Scarefest to have outstanding lighting, there really is no reason why the park can't have great lighting! Coloured LED lights are now available that can be programmed to a certain colour then they remember the colour you set, they are bright, and can easily light up a house, they are also relatively cheap around £25 (I have one in front of my house, they are amazing!)

These new LED lights could be installed permenantly around the park, they have already installed the larger plain white versions on some of the smaller lighting rigs this year. They also have different settings like colour change and strobe. The colour change setting could be used in Cloud Cuckoo Land and the strobe around Oblivion.

I think they would be a great addition for the park, and are quite sustainable and could be left as the led will last a long time. A few round Nemesis could be set to red, some in the trees around the Dark Forest on green/orange/brown, and a few lighting up the Runaway Minetrain structure and the Congo River Rapids station.
Image
 
User avatar
[email protected]$
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 257
Joined: March 2012
Location: Dark Forest

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 am

When looking back at the scarefest's I personally believe 2010 was the best year by far. From the horror mazes to lighting around the park, especially on oblivion (where the hell did they come from?!).

On the horror maze side of the topic in 2010 the boiler house and terror of the towers:what lies within had their best year in 2010. The boiler house was just truly terrifying I have to admit that I was shaking after it. Terror of the Towers: What Lies Within was amazing due to the skill of actors, length and eeriness of the attraction.

Skelvin's Haunted Adventure, Thirteen After Dark and Carnival of Screams was born in that year, even through Skelvin's Haunted Adventure was named differently to Duel: Live. They were both highly popular attractions, of course Thirteen After Dark was because the coaster was new.

The reason why I am looking over all the things in 2010 is because scarefest has just got worst over the years.

Another example last years event in 2012 was an close second from my favorites.  The Sanctuary was born, the best horror maze Alton Towers has pulled off in many years and the Scare Rooms! The Scare Rooms were the best I have ever experienced. The Carnival of Screams also has it's best year.

But what do these two events have in common? They had new attractions for that year. 2012 Nemesis Sub Terra and Ice Age 4D. 2010 Thirteen. I have high hopes for this year because of THE SMILER opening this year because it seems that when ever there is a new attraction or ride during that year, that year's scarefest is a good one. That is what I think 
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
Image
 
User avatar
olirampling
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 9
Joined: March 2012
Location: london

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

hey everyone, anybody know anything about the scare room this year!!!!!!
 
User avatar
magicman85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 85
Joined: July 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 pm

olirampling wrote:
hey everyone, anybody know anything about the scare room this year!!!!!!


Way to early for any news yet. Last year they did not release any news right till last minute. I would say we may hear something Late August to early October more the latter.
 
Liam B
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 492
Joined: July 2011
Location: South Lanarkshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:22 pm

on the announcement of the sanctuary winning an award I think I remember seeing a statement that this years attractions were to be announced soon. YAY
 
User avatar
Forza_Dan24
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 60
Joined: December 2012
Location: London

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm

It would be nice if the zombies, should we have any this year, actually acted like zombies! Since when have zombies RUN around all over the place SNARLING AND GROWLING?!  :roll:
Smile. Always. :moj
Image
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
 
User avatar
magicman85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 85
Joined: July 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Forza_Dan24 wrote:
It would be nice if the zombies, should we have any this year, actually acted like zombies! Since when have zombies RUN around all over the place SNARLING AND GROWLING?!  :roll:


I don't know... "Dawn of the dead remake"

But I do agree they were pathetic last year. There was a girl who did this weird ass scream/squeal if you like. She was really bad. Also the military actors were very poor... Walking through and 1 went evening! Surely you should be in character and acting like there is an zombie outbreak.

Zombie's 2011 was great, 2012 was not..... Wrong location as well.
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: January 2009

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 pm

I don't think the problem with Zombies was the attraction itself - it was to do with it being so busy (most of the time) that the element of surprise was completely eliminated and it became distinctly unscary. Also the fact that a large proportion of operating hours were during broad daylight didn't help matters - outdoor scare attractions rely on the dark.

I think introducing additional scare 'zones' to take the pressure off of Zombies would be massively beneficial. Haunted Hollow - Live needs to make a return because it was ideal - and perhaps have the two scare zones at varying levels of intensity (ie - one family friendly, one for the thrills market) because 2012 Zombies clearly didn't know whom it was aimed at.

I think in 2013 Alton Towers should also look into the option of 'late night' theme park tickets for the 16+ market only. They could close the theme park at 9pm as usual, then re-open from 10:30pm to 2am as an all-out scare attraction - a parkwide scare zone plus the scare mazes back open (no rides, except maybe Hex - Live making a return?). Not for the duration of Scarefest, but for 5-7 days surrounding Halloween I think this would be a sufficiently popular addition to warrant the staffing and additional lighting costs.
 
Liam B
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 492
Joined: July 2011
Location: South Lanarkshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 pm

^that Idea actually sounds brilliant! very unlikely but to have the park as just a place of pure horror for a couple of hours with no rides just basically walk around the theme park (could even just be a path around to mutiny bay up the towers and back down the other side) but just that whole area filled with scare actors with themeing changing as you go and pathways to the scare mazes about the place. love the idea but unfortunately due to probably health and safety and money they wouldn't be able to do it. Ye know the classic somebody could run off into the park and DIE BECAUSE ITS SO DARK!!!  that kinda s£$t health and safety spews out these days. but ah well! always nice to think!
 
User avatar
magicman85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 85
Joined: July 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 am

D4n wrote:
I don't think the problem with Zombies was the attraction itself - it was to do with it being so busy (most of the time) that the element of surprise was completely eliminated and it became distinctly unscary. Also the fact that a large proportion of operating hours were during broad daylight didn't help matters - outdoor scare attractions rely on the dark.

I think introducing additional scare 'zones' to take the pressure off of Zombies would be massively beneficial. Haunted Hollow - Live needs to make a return because it was ideal - and perhaps have the two scare zones at varying levels of intensity (ie - one family friendly, one for the thrills market) because 2012 Zombies clearly didn't know whom it was aimed at.

I think in 2013 Alton Towers should also look into the option of 'late night' theme park tickets for the 16+ market only. They could close the theme park at 9pm as usual, then re-open from 10:30pm to 2am as an all-out scare attraction - a parkwide scare zone plus the scare mazes back open (no rides, except maybe Hex - Live making a return?). Not for the duration of Scarefest, but for 5-7 days surrounding Halloween I think this would be a sufficiently popular addition to warrant the staffing and additional lighting costs.


That would be amazing.... why have they not done this? Put it to them let's get a partition going lol... Really would love that. Be a whole new experience for Scarefest. Something like "Zombieland" come's to mind (obviously with the ride's shut down though) A disused theme park...
 
Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 601
Joined: July 2007
Location: Beeston ,Nottingham
Contact:

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 am

For me this is how i would like to see Scarefest 2013.
In the castle Sanctuary but with a more sinister theme, first it was to take part in the advocate trials in anticipation of TheSmiler, how about this time the MOJ invites you to witness the Old way of Marmalisation before TheSmiler, however this time DR Kelman has completly lost it, convinced the only way to correction is the original way and this time, there will be no escape from the Sanctuary.

Also the standard TOTT With maybe a theme to witnessing a satanic/occult ritual only to be told you are the sacrifice and as you try to escape the dark forces at play come very much to life.

HH-Live family scarezone,

And heres the new ones,
DarkForest-Alive! in that grassy green space behind where UgSwinger once was how about a tempory scaremaze, a couple of make shift tombs and some wooded tunnels-some leg ticklers to simulate the forest being alive, throw in a horde of wraiths and think we got something good.

and in the space between FV and GloomyWood pipe in a load of smoke and some strobes,some phalanx members bloodied and some biohazard workers- place some temporary railings along the route foward and back that you follow with your hand into the smoke filled area and viola we cave SubTerra-QUARANTINE. Only a short free section but in you want to get through to FV you will have to pass quarantine.

Finally the return of FOTS...Enough said
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
 
the smiler :-)
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: May 2013
Location: liverpool

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Tue May 07, 2013 8:05 am

i think they will make the sanctuary bigger and better with all those people from the sanctuary walking round x-sector since the smilers out !! :D
 
Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 1410
Joined: March 2013

Re: 2013 Scarefest

Sat May 11, 2013 12:36 pm

magicman85 wrote:
D4n wrote:
I don't think the problem with Zombies was the attraction itself - it was to do with it being so busy (most of the time) that the element of surprise was completely eliminated and it became distinctly unscary. Also the fact that a large proportion of operating hours were during broad daylight didn't help matters - outdoor scare attractions rely on the dark.

I think introducing additional scare 'zones' to take the pressure off of Zombies would be massively beneficial. Haunted Hollow - Live needs to make a return because it was ideal - and perhaps have the two scare zones at varying levels of intensity (ie - one family friendly, one for the thrills market) because 2012 Zombies clearly didn't know whom it was aimed at.

I think in 2013 Alton Towers should also look into the option of 'late night' theme park tickets for the 16+ market only. They could close the theme park at 9pm as usual, then re-open from 10:30pm to 2am as an all-out scare attraction - a parkwide scare zone plus the scare mazes back open (no rides, except maybe Hex - Live making a return?). Not for the duration of Scarefest, but for 5-7 days surrounding Halloween I think this would be a sufficiently popular addition to warrant the staffing and additional lighting costs.


That would be amazing.... why have they not done this? Put it to them let's get a partition going lol... Really would love that. Be a whole new experience for Scarefest. Something like "Zombieland" come's to mind (obviously with the ride's shut down though) A disused theme park...


This hasn't happened mainly because have you been on park at 9pm? It's pretty much dead (with the exception of Halloween weekend). There just wouldn't be the pull for the park to justify running until 2am. Then you have the issue with locals being annoyed with traffic coming and going at 10pm onwards.

Scarefest times are long enough in my opinion. 11 hours on park is plenty.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 262 guests