UK theme parks from another point of view!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:35 pm

I got a free token in the post today so only got to collect 8 tokens from Saturday.

xnatillyx
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:43 am

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
I got a free token in the post today so only got to collect 8 tokens from Saturday.

Same :D

So excited , looking at the Band dates and the first one having Easter looks like it is Band B for us this year. Past 2 years we got our first choice band so looks like late April - end of may this year. I am happier its a bit later weather should be better plus its just before cbeebies land opens so no influx of extra families. First year we went it was freezing & last year it was sporadically spitting & the sky ride was down due to the wind :( so should be nice weather & quiet if we are lucky.
My rule with these bands is simply avoid school holidays and get the earliest band we can. Even with extra sun ticket holders there both times it was alright. Last year in particular we got on several rides multiple times. It helps my fiance going on single rider because i hate roller coasters. :nervious: plus i love watching him on the rides but i have this habit of missing him. He had to go on oblivion last year twice in a row so i could get him on video :twisted:

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:35 am

xnatillyx wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote:

Same :D

So excited , looking at the Band dates and the first one having Easter looks like it is Band B for us this year. Past 2 years we got our first choice band so looks like late April - end of may this year. I am happier its a bit later weather should be better plus its just before cbeebies land opens so no influx of extra families. First year we went it was freezing & last year it was sporadically spitting & the sky ride was down due to the wind :( so should be nice weather & quiet if we are lucky.
My rule with these bands is simply avoid school holidays and get the earliest band we can. Even with extra sun ticket holders there both times it was alright. Last year in particular we got on several rides multiple times. It helps my fiance going on single rider because i hate roller coasters. :nervious: plus i love watching him on the rides but i have this habit of missing him. He had to go on oblivion last year twice in a row so i could get him on video :twisted:

Not sure if I will get a token, cancelled my sun+ account just the other day :/
With thanks to lewis97 :)

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

So yeah, from The Sun's...

Don't miss The Sun's 8-page pull-out on Wednesday, March 19th to find out how to get 50% off Short Breaks at the Alton Towers Resort Hotels, plus next day tickets for just £9.60

what's the chances of me being able to book a room for the week after that date on thursday 27th, with the 50% off then lol...

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 pm

DeanGaryCox wrote:
So yeah, from The Sun's...

Don't miss The Sun's 8-page pull-out on Wednesday, March 19th to find out how to get 50% off Short Breaks at the Alton Towers Resort Hotels, plus next day tickets for just £9.60

what's the chances of me being able to book a room for the week after that date on thursday 27th, with the 50% off then lol...

Going with the past trend i bet the promo code for 50% off will be SUN14
With thanks to lewis97 :)

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Just been looking through the AT site and noticed the following in the Terms and Conditions:

50% off Alton Towers Hotels

50% offer is subject to availability, valid from 23.03.14 until 06.11.14 excluding all Saturdays and 04.04.14-26.04.14; 04.05.14 – 05.05.14; 23.05.14-01.06.14; 18.07.14- 01.09.14; 17.10.14-01.11.14

Those dates correspond with all the school and bank holidays and Scarefest. Interesting that you can't claim the discount on any Saturday either. I can see a fair few people not being happy about these exclusions if these are the T&Cs imposed on The Sun's offer.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Well i guess non peak days is understandable...

bluearmor64
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi guys and girls the sun free tickets start today 15/03/2014 happy days :D

rossdeadmanz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:20 am

Which date bands would you recommend as being the least busy generally speaking?

xnatillyx
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:00 pm

rossdeadmanz wrote:
Which date bands would you recommend as being the least busy generally speaking?

Avoid school holidays is the big rule. This year the Easter holidays fall in Band A. Witsun holidays falls in Band C. And the summer holidays fall in Bands F & G.

This year i am going for Band B , which is in between the holidays & before the influx when cbeebies land opens. I vote this as the best Band & probably the quietest. Then again others might have the same Idea as me :P
Band D & E though outside the holidays times being Jun/July the nice weather is enticing for people.

Aside from Band B. I would say the other quiet ones would be H & J. H has no school holidays & being end of the year & autumn weather would be a good bet if you don't mind a later date. J as the October half term but being a later band i don't think many would bother as much as Easter & summer holidays.

Band B & H are likely to be the quietest anyway if you want to skip my waffle :D

rossdeadmanz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks xnatillyx! :D

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:09 pm

WE'VE teamed up with Merlin Entertainments to bring you The Sun’s Superdays — great ways to entertain your family for FREE this year.
Superdays coming soon include LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, THORPE PARK Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort and Warwick Castle.

Out of interest even though they've got the date bands, do they not allocate tickets in holiday times etc.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:26 pm

As you've said, tickets will be allocated according to the date bands and there will be particular days within these that the tickets will be for. They are often for days midweek and school holidays aren't taken into account, to my knowledge.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Just in case anyone doesn't buy the sun... the promotional code for the 50% off hotel rooms is 'S5014', as stated earlier there are restrictions on dates, and there are also only a certain amount of rooms allocated with the 50% off.

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:39 pm

I noticed with the new S5014 code that it came up half price for two nights, but for three nights it wasn't working :(

xnatillyx
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:23 pm

We are sending off our sun vouchers tomorrow , eek :D
I look forward to March/April every year for this , I love the excitement of seeing what dates the tickets are when they come in the post. :yes:

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:36 pm

Just to clarify, bounce back tickets are not available with free sun tickets?
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:56 pm

xnatillyx wrote:
rossdeadmanz wrote:

Avoid school holidays is the big rule. This year the Easter holidays fall in Band A. Witsun holidays falls in Band C. And the summer holidays fall in Bands F & G.

This year i am going for Band B , which is in between the holidays & before the influx when cbeebies land opens. I vote this as the best Band & probably the quietest. Then again others might have the same Idea as me :P
Band D & E though outside the holidays times being Jun/July the nice weather is enticing for people.

Aside from Band B. I would say the other quiet ones would be H & J. H has no school holidays & being end of the year & autumn weather would be a good bet if you don't mind a later date. J as the October half term but being a later band i don't think many would bother as much as Easter & summer holidays.

Band B & H are likely to be the quietest anyway if you want to skip my waffle :D

I've gone for band H, as this was around the time I got my Sun Free Tickets last year and I had a great day, the park was quiet with the longest queue time being 20 minutes for The Smiler. :)

cubwolf
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:12 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
Just to clarify, bounce back tickets are not available with free sun tickets?

I have never been asked to show that days ticket when buying bounce backs?
I have bought them since I had my merlin membership as well so worth a try ;)

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:46 pm

xnatillyx wrote:
rossdeadmanz wrote:

Don't forget mid July is busy with school trips making it a worse time to visit than the first week of the school holidays!