UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
sque132
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 1
Joined: December 2012
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

February Half Term 2013

Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:59 pm

[TTF Team Edit]

The Alton Towers Resort will reopen it's gates to guests for the first time in the 2013 season on Saturday 16th February. This annual event which will run for one week up until Sunday 24th February features a limited line up of rides and attractions on offer at the resort. The 2013 FHT line up consists of:


  • Air
  • Berry Bish Bash
  • Doodle Doo Derby
  • Duel
  • Frog Hopper
  • Furry Friends
  • Heave Ho
  • Hex: Legend of the Towers
  • Ice Age: The 4D Experience
  • Marauder's Mayhem
  • Nemesis
  • Old MacDonald’s Tractor Ride
  • Peugeot Driving School
  • Runaway Mine Train
  • Sharkbait Reef by Sea Life
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Squirrel Nutty
  • The Blade
  • Wobble World


Prices consist of:

Adults: £15.00 when booked online. £20.00 gate price on the day.
Children:£12.00 when booked online. £16.00 gate price on the day.
Family:£12.00 per person when booked online. £16.00 per person gate price on the day.

February Half Term 2013 sees the arrival of Moshi Monsters to the resort. You can meet the Moshi Monsters, as well as take part in the Moshi Quest, Moshi Medal activities and even earn thousands of Rox when you stay over in the Alton Towers Resort hotels.

Please note that:

All rides and attractions in the Dark Forest area of the park will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.

All rides and attractions in the X Sector area of the park [including Oblivion, which was a fan favourite of previous February Half Term events] will be unavaliable due to scheduled maintenance and the construction of the resort's latest attraction, The Smiler, opening later in 2013.

The Monorail may not be operating due to cold weather conditions. A replacement bus service will be on hand to carry guests from the entrance plaza to the hotels and car parks.

You can book your tickets for the Alton Towers February Half Term 2013 event here.
Last edited by sque132 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born This Way Ball 08/09/2012 :)
 
User avatar
Vanessa Feltz
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: April 2008
Location: Thorpe Park
Contact:

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

The ride selection is horrific!
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
 
M3tabolic
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 7
Joined: November 2012

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Firstly, I think that ride selection is pretty sweet. I went there for Feb opening once and it was pretty much Oblivion and Spinball and not much else. It was still fantastic as there were no queues and we went on oblivion a good 25 times in a row. Air, Nemmy and Hex would keep me amused all day.

Secondly, How is this (or the talk about 53173 for that matter) 'Construction' related??? Everytime I look at this topic it seems to be off topic.  :?
 
JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 250
Joined: January 2013
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am

The ride selection for Feb half-term does not include any of the X-sector attractions, so we should see construction going full pace soon! Finally!  :D
 
Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 245
Joined: September 2011
Location: Warwickshire

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Vanessa Feltz wrote:
The ride selection is horrific!


No different to last year, Fark Forest was closed of as well.
 
User avatar
Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 654
Joined: February 2012
Location: Leeds

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Vladimir Bobinski wrote:
Vanessa Feltz wrote:
The ride selection is horrific!


No different to last year, Fark Forest was closed of as well.


Have you looked at this years line up? Your very wrong in what you say so i'm guessing you've not yet seen it.

I don't think we will see any new concrete due to the weather, maybe quite some progress on the station.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
 
User avatar
JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 691
Joined: January 2012
Location: 84

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Vladimir Bobinski wrote:
Vanessa Feltz wrote:
The ride selection is horrific!


No different to last year, Fark Forest was closed of as well.

the "fark" forest is always closed in feb half term
Image
 
Danny

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 pm

I've moved some posts from The Smiler Construction topic over here. Please continue to discuss anything with regards to the line up, pricing and the events during February Half Term within this topic. Thanks  :)
 
User avatar
bensaund
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 2012
Location: Berkshire

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 am

I'm going to be talking full advantage of this, I have one niece who is only 1.15M tall and her mum who does not like the bigger rides, so as a family we will enjoy all of the family rides which there are plenty to choose from. There is still Air and Nemesis which we will go on while mummy keep the little one busy, but plenty for the family and I will be back the first week they open to do the bigger rides.
If you go down to the woods today
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2851
Joined: January 2009

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Vladimir Bobinski wrote:
Vanessa Feltz wrote:
The ride selection is horrific!


No different to last year, Fark Forest was closed of as well.


Oblivion opened last year. It makes a pretty big difference, closing on major attraction, when the line-up was so small to begin with. Of course, I have every intention of visiting the event regardless, but I'm not sure who's going to think the £15 tickets are good value because I certainly wouldn't be going if it wasn't for having an annual pass.
 
User avatar
Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 654
Joined: February 2012
Location: Leeds

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

D4n wrote:
Vladimir Bobinski wrote:
Vanessa Feltz wrote:
The ride selection is horrific!


No different to last year, Fark Forest was closed of as well.


Oblivion opened last year. It makes a pretty big difference, closing on major attraction, when the line-up was so small to begin with. Of course, I have every intention of visiting the event regardless, but I'm not sure who's going to think the £15 tickets are good value because I certainly wouldn't be going if it wasn't for having an annual pass.


I've got to point this out because its Been annoying me since Vladimir posted that comment.

Not only is Oblivion closed, but there are 4 more listed attraction less this year than there was last year. I'm not really sure how 5 less attractions can be classed as "The Same" Vlad!?!?  :?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
 
User avatar
SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 136
Joined: July 2012

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Will the skyride be open?
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2851
Joined: January 2009

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 pm

SamSimkin wrote:
Will the skyride be open?


No.
 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1589
Joined: October 2009
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 pm

I can understand X sector,Dark Forest and the water rides been closed but why have the twirling toadstools and Charlie closed? I would have thought Sub Terra would have been open as been indoors. 
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2851
Joined: January 2009

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
I can understand X sector been closed,Dark Forest and the water rides been closed but why have the twirling toadstools and Charlie closed? I thought have thought Sub Terra would have been open as been indoors.


Charlie and Sub Terra are closed because they need a lot of staff. Twirling Toadstool is closed because it struggled to cope during last year's event. :)
 
User avatar
Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1589
Joined: October 2009
Location: Midlands
Contact:

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 pm

D4n wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
I can understand X sector been closed,Dark Forest and the water rides been closed but why have the twirling toadstools and Charlie closed? I thought have thought Sub Terra would have been open as been indoors.


Charlie and Sub Terra are closed because they need a lot of staff. Twirling Toadstool is closed because it struggled to cope during last year's event. :)


Don't Duel need a lot of staff as well and the 4D cinema?
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2851
Joined: January 2009

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Not so many, no. Duel and the 4D only have one 'entrance' and one 'exit' meanwhile Charlie has two segments that both need staff (boat ride and elevator) and Sub Terra has the 'bagging area', 'batching area', 'main chamber' and 'scare zone' that each need staff. :) There's also a rumour that Charlie's water freezes in low temperature.
 
User avatar
SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 136
Joined: July 2012

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Why isn't thirteen or Rita open? Is that because or staff?
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
 
Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2851
Joined: January 2009

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:44 pm

SamSimkin wrote:
Why isn't thirteen or Rita open? Is that because or staff?


Rita simply can't run in cold weather. Th13teen is still 'a bit new' for them to be risking in February, but it can run at that time of year ad I would imagine that it'll be added to the line-up in either 2014 or 2015 (probably at the expense of Air which really does struggle with the strain of the cold weather at times).
 
User avatar
bensaund
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 2012
Location: Berkshire

Re: February Half Term: 2013

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:43 am

If it is down to the number of staff needed, I would happily pay £1 extra and I'm sure many other guests wouldn't mind a small up-charge to get the remaining indoor rides open.

N:ST being closed and being and indoor ride and only a year old is poor show and Charlie is unacceptable as the Feb half term is when you want to bring young children to the park and closing Charlie just doesn't sound right to me.
If you go down to the woods today

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 287 guests