UK theme parks from another point of view!

Tryst
TT Member
TT Member

Re: February Half Term 2013

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Going to AT on Thursday. Weatherman says it's gonna be cold and windy, so hopefully quiet. Do they ever offer re-rides if there's no-one in the queue? Oakwood certainly used to.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am

It depends on the staff on duty and the ride you are on, expect to be sent off the ride and have to walk to the front of the queue for most of them rides.
If you go down to the woods today

lyssyloo00
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm

have any rides that weren't on the open list for this year been open?  :?

Hmv
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Tryst wrote:
Going to AT on Thursday. Weatherman says it's gonna be cold and windy, so hopefully quiet. Do they ever offer re-rides if there's no-one in the queue? Oakwood certainly used to.

We are told not to let people re-ride on the larger rides although its always worth a try, the worse somebody could say is no  :D

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

lyssyloo00 wrote:
have any rides that weren't on the open list for this year been open?  :?

Gallopers Carousel
Old MacDonalds' Singing Barn

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

queues were short for most rides, got on nemmy 17 times (8 at the front) My only real criticism was the moshi quest, if you are taking the younger ones, DON'T BOTHER! i found this out with my young sisters, they were expecting a moshi figure as their prize, but only got a card that does nothing on the online game or in stores, To avoid disappointment, don't take part in it. apart from that it was excellent, everything i was expecting and, surprisingly, one of the best visits to the park i have ever had

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I went yesterday and it wasn't too busy. The Runaway Mine Train and Sonic saw the longest queues (45 minutes for the RMT), but the other rides were walk on.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Liam.buckler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Great day today, wasn't too busy (20min for Air & RMT, 40 for Spinball) nice to see a lot of the theming and rides have had some TLC - seems like more TLC in general than previous years!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm sure Alton read these forums as the bell now works on the RMT, most of the effects in Duel are working, new projector in Hex, the sound sorted in Hex the parking is still not perfect the the ride on Hex is a lot better than it was last year.

I do see an improvement every time I go. I had never been in the the farmyard, I have been to the towers loads of times and never knew they had animals in there!

I didn't think much of the Moshi Quest, but we tried our best to keep my niece away from it as we didn't want our day ruined with the Moshi thing, but all in all had a very enjoyable day, just a shame Charlie and the Sky Ride was not open.
If you go down to the woods today

fabiasimon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Does anyone know what time the park opens up tommorow??

Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 pm

10am.

Tryst
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 am

Had an excellent day yesterday. Four goes on Nemesis, two on Air, two on Spinball, once on Hex and RMT. The longest queue was for Spinball, with everything else being near enough walk-on. It actually took longer to queue for coffee than to ride Nemesis twice yesterday, but I suspect that was more a reflection on the weather.

Highlights of the day were Sonic Spinball and seeing the legendary MI7 flying around overhead. It was my first time on Spinball and we were all surprised how much fun it was. We must have looked a bit mental with four grown men laughing and shouting their way around what's alleged to be a family 'coaster!