UK theme parks from another point of view!

Mogga
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Hex's popularity?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Heisenberg96 wrote:
Why is it then that Hex never gains the same level of advertising or popularity that all the other flats

It does get busy in the summer, I've queued right from the main wooden doors (last summer) which takes almost an hour to get into the first cinema room. 

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Is hex worth it?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 am

RITA123 wrote:
ok,so im going 2 alton 4 opening day and i wondered whether i should go on hex as i havent before!is it worth riding or not?

And try to sit on the back row at the end as the front row is not very good me thinks
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Is hex worth it?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 pm

stu1980 wrote:
RITA123 wrote:
ok,so im going 2 alton 4 opening day and i wondered whether i should go on hex as i havent before!is it worth riding or not?

And try to sit on the back row at the end as the front row is not very good me thinks

The front row is still as good as the back row but I suppose it's all personal preference.
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:30 am

fantastic ride - I also more about theming and FX that a lot of people....And the fact you are walking through an actual castle, through some real history, just appears like everything fell into place with this ride.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am

As a kid it was one of the few rides I could go on but the video used to give me nightmares but I still loved the ride. While my brother rode corkscrew I would go on this
Image credit to Lewis97

Marie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Hex is a great ride! It's not well advertised, there is no merchandise, understated banners hanging at entrance. A lot of people think the Towers is off limits so I don't think they think there is anything worth seeing in there. Yet the theming, thought and ride concept is just amazing. It's a true hidden gem. I think that because its not included in a particular zone it doesn't get much attention from customers and not a lot of new people know what it is or what happens, I think the faces of some of the people on the ride says it all. They are shocked. It's so mysterious, I love the queue in the Towers, the pre show and the Octagon room. It's definitely one of the best rides. It is on par with the best dark rides out there!!
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 pm

clayj wrote:
Personally I LOVE HEX for the following reasons....

Ride experience - Even when you know the trick of the ride, its still brilliant to ride... Theres no crippling height restrictions so my eldest son can go on, which he loves also.

Theme & back story - Its basically Alton Towers from conception to completion. Taking a local legend & bringing it too the masses. As for themeing, top notch (other then the plane stone walled walkways into the ride)

What would I change ? - Join it with the Dark Forrest as it perfecty suits this theme... Think of swamping that restaurant opposite in DF vines... Add a flat behind  and voila... larger & better range to the DF

I swear TH13TEEN is suppose to be the sequel to hex and when you think about it it makes perfect sense

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 am

If they could link up dark forest and hex it could work quite nicely. it doesnt require too much work just vine over nearby restaurants put the DF sign further up the walkway from the lake. Call it something Cheesy Like HexII remove the name after a week and your good
Image credit to Lewis97

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:11 am

bensaund wrote:
I do wonder how many guests simply walk past and don't even know it is there as the signage outside doesn't really seem ride to jump out at me that it is a ride.

I missed this ride for many years until we finally realised there was something of value inside. Don't get me wrong, we always visit the towers and walk around but the way the sign-age is worded outside and the video playing suggests the ride is nothing more than a walk around.

It's now one of our favourites rides in the park.

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Hex's popularity?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:33 am

For a while, I thought hex was a tour around the towers, but I was quite young. Now I love it!
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Has anyone ridden both Hex & Drayton Manor's Veloma MadHouse and which is better ? I know that theres validility to AT's story line more so then Draytons, but I wondered more about the actual ride ??

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Hex's popularity?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 pm

I've ridden both and I prefer Hex, due to theming but the physical ride is exactly the same.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

ukparknews
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm

clayj wrote:
Has anyone ridden both Hex & Drayton Manor's Veloma MadHouse and which is better ? I know that theres validility to AT's story line more so then Draytons, but I wondered more about the actual ride ??

I've ridden both. In fact I've ridden many Haunted Swings across Europe and Hex is by far the best thanks to it's local legend, location in the park and overall theme/story.
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

www.ukparknews.co.uk

mattallennet
TT Member
TT Member

Hex's popularity?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Hex is a perfect example of how every AT ride should be themed

NemesisDave
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Every time I've visited the park since hex opened I have been on it without fail  :D it's just a ride I will always enjoy! (Always an added bonus of being with someone who doesn't know what it does too  :twisted: )