UK theme parks from another point of view!

MJNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Re: funniest thing you have seen at alton towers

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I love the concern on some peoples faces. When they keep moving the restraint wondering why it hasn't locked. Then the increase in concern when the train leaves after restrains have locked but there is still movement ;).

Funniest thing I saw was a young girl on Nemesis, sitting on the inside? The seat closest to the entry gates. She was so petrified when she got off that she jumped up and legged it but went the wrong way (towards the entry gates). A ride op had to lead her over to the other side because she was distraught almost haha.

mattallennet
TT Member
TT Member

funniest thing you have seen at alton towers

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Ah just remembered, water bombs being dropped from the old sky cars on to people in Ug land below, I presume the water bombs were snuck out from the old catapult game they had there!

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Benji wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote:
Benji wrote:
When I was in the sanctuary at the scare fest, I was walking down a corridor and all the room was dark. This actor was walking beside me whispering things in my ear but when I walked through the door all I could hear was a massive thud! I was laughing so much when I released he must have accidentally walked in to the wall

hahaa i am surprised that an actor would not know the rout.

He must have been to busy whispering creepy things in my ear to noticed ;)

i bet he was embarissed
its always good to go to the dentist so you can get a better smile :D

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:30 pm

clayj wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote:
Has anyone seen it where oblivion always gets stuck at the top?

Everytime I ride lol

it never happens to me hahaa

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:40 pm

A petrified ride op was chased around the nemesis station by a huge wasp/bee last year. It was sooo funny!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

hypohamish
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:59 pm

The HB leisure staff who go out on the boat to collect the golf balls from the lake...

It's always hilarious when one of them falls in.

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Today, I saw a girl who couldn't figure out how to do the seatbelt up on Rita.... was pretty hilarious!

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Today on Th13teen, we had just got into the queue line and two girls were looking worried, one didn't want to go on, the other was trying to get her friend on it. They said to us:
"What is this we are going on"
"It's a ride" I said
They pointed to Rita and said "Is it that" which I said "No that is Rita, this is just a family ride as it's only 1.2m and not 1.4 like the bigger rides"

The two girls were begging us to tell them what happens "You will have to find out" I kept on telling them.

Well after the bag drop, I could hear the Th13teen girl counting "11....12....13" well these two  jumped out of their skins when the electric thingy went off"
Then we got to the air gates. At this point one girl was trying to get away, the other was pulling her close.
The over the speaker "If you go down to the woods today.. " The scared girl looked petrified.

I pointed out it was only a small coaster and that there were small kids on it.

Anyway we got them on the ride, we were going up the lift hill, they were screaming and that continued around the track.

Then we went into the crypt, so I said "There you go that was not bad, was it"
We enter the crypt and the flood drops, well these girls didn't stop screaming until we hit the switch track!

But after that, the girls did thank us and said they loved it. But didn't choose a re-ride even with the queue being 0 mins! LOL
If you go down to the woods today

Fantasmic
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Haha! Yesterday, there was a blonde girl who started freaking out and crying in the first pre-show room of Nemesis Sub-Terra. She got as far as the lift then had to leave.
If she'd have got to the ride I think she'd have had a full blown panic attack.

cookie.nom
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:59 pm

My funniest moment was at my own expense. Nemesis Sub Terra scared me so much that I didn't speak for 30 seconds or so after leaving then BURSTING into tears; genuine bawl-fest. I was traumatised. It was that kinda half laugh, half cry. Then I realised how stupid I looked, tears streaming down a grown woman's face at a theme park :P

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm

A few years ago on the way out of TH13TEEN a member of staff was stood in the entrance to shop next to the 'demon' statue, not sure why he was stood there though, but my dad walked up to him as he was looking away and went 'BOO', the bloke jumped so bad and screamed like a girl, and the women on the tills were laughing at him so much, well so were we, but I doubt they'll let him live that down ;)
Image 2014

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2013 3:30 pm

i seen this family that thought the disabled enterance was the fast track queue and some how maniged to get on the ride.

ChelseeSmile102
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 am

cookie.nom wrote:
My funniest moment was at my own expense. Nemesis Sub Terra scared me so much that I didn't speak for 30 seconds or so after leaving then BURSTING into tears; genuine bawl-fest. I was traumatised. It was that kinda half laugh, half cry. Then I realised how stupid I looked, tears streaming down a grown woman's face at a theme park :P

I did the exact same thing, it got to the point where I was so scared one of the actors in the gas masks just walked me out after the doors opened hahaha!

ChelseeSmile102
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 16, 2013 8:50 am

My funniest moment at Alton towers was when me, my husband, my sister in law and her boyfriend went on Rita. The whole day we were taking silly photos the usual moustaches and "geek" glasses (don't worry we aren't hipsters this was done in irony) so we had got our silly photos on blivvy and thirteen all the big rides and at the end of the day we decided okay we'll ride Rita but get a good photo of us all. Well, myself my husband and my sister in law didn't even manage to get a decent photo because of how fast Rita launched us onto the track, but not Josh (my sister in laws boyfriend) without us knowing he took out his moustache, his geek glasses and Alton towers map for the launch and even managed to put them away before the ride ended so we wouldn't see he had done it, when we got to the photo booth & saw our photo we were buckled!

Image removed due to swearing

We've also had some funny times with my husbands parents. They are nearly sixty and still get involved on the rides and wearing the fake moutsaches (it's a bit of a family tradition!) we even managed to get a family photo on the run away mine train with everyone with their moustaches on.
Last edited by ChelseeSmile102 on Thu May 16, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katherine
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 16, 2013 2:07 pm

So there was this blonde lady on Air who had those flat shoes on, who was just about to leave the station, and she happened to also be carrying a camera. I wasn't at the front yet so I was waiting to get on in a few trains time, she came back and you'll never guess what, she'd lost both her shoes and her camera, pretty sad on her part but it was funny that she thought she'd be able to keep hold of them.  :lol:

A
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm

An old woman on nemesis...
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P

tangerine_hat
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 1:56 pm

A few of us were on the rapids in March. Everyone was throwing snow balls as the dinghies were going along and so a friend decided to get his own back. Rolled up a huge snowball and launched at this group as we going under the bridge and out of view it hit the victim smack bang on the back of the head, their group all looked back but we were already away.