UK theme parks from another point of view!

JamieH93
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Duel 2013

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 pm

How about a MOJ/sanctuary themed dark ride?
Or would that be too much?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler

KevBales
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:01 pm

I think if they were going to do a new dark ride or work on Duel it would have to be aimed at families. I just think another 'adult' dark ride might be too much. Plus it would take the excitement away from Scarefest if it was all year round, but that's just my opinion  :)
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:45 am

I don't see that there is anything wrong with the current set-up
If you go down to the woods today

Jason oblivions boy :)
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:31 pm

last time i rode duel the tunnel that you spin in wouldn't work which is one of the best bits and the guns don't really work anymore hope AT  do something but doesn't mess with the experience  :D

am i the only one who hates the big duel spider ( scary)  :shock:

Jason oblivions boy :)
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 pm

jamie.rivettcarnac wrote:
I was talking to a member of staff there last week he said that duel will be getting replaced in 2 years don't know if its true but wonder what will replace it if it is

hope not but if they do could be something better or something totally different to duel !  :shock:

if you go down to the woods today

Martin Gregory
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Jason oblivions boy :) wrote:
last time i rode duel the tunnel that you spin in wouldn't work which is one of the best bits and the guns don't really work anymore hope AT  do something but doesn't mess with the experience  :D

am i the only one who hates the big duel spider ( scary)  :shock:

The gun triggers are that stiff they break your fingers now on some trains.

TowersManiac0110
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:10 pm

I went on duel on the 3rd of July and it was in a state. It wasn't dark, tigger wasn't working and the trommel didn't spin round. Apart from that it was great! Boasters worked all the way through.

TowersManiac0110
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Jason oblivions boy :) wrote:
jamie.rivettcarnac wrote:
I was talking to a member of staff there last week he said that duel will be getting replaced in 2 years don't know if its true but wonder what will replace it if it is

hope not but if they do could be something better or something totally different to duel !  :shock:

if you go down to the woods today

Maybe the classic haunted house is returning?

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:03 am

I just think the end bit needs redoing. I always thought Zombies with lasers we a bad choice in the first place.

KevBales
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Don't get me started on the ending! I never liked it that a zombie would be using a laser gun... I mean really?! That's not scary at all! A zombie trying to chase the ride car with the intention of ripping my face off now that's scary!
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 am

Hey i know this is just me going it along on the keep duel going road BUT ... please do hear me out (well read me out same difference XD)

I have ridden this ride as both Haunted house and Duel and to be honest both are great experiences because it was created during (what i would class as) the themeing boom at Alton Towers (1991 when both this and the runaway mine train were built alongside a rethemeing of the rapids)

Duel is a fun ride and i may be 19 but it's a ride that i always go on no matter what at the towers and probably always will.... i enjoy shooting things with lasers yes but every time i go i do seem to notice something different... and  personally i think that although yes the lasers do detract from the overall experience of what is a brilliantly designed haunted house thats what gives it re-rideability

The fact that they have now included the sign with top scores of the day gives something extra i think as well.... competitiveness is always good (in moderation) and to compete with your friends for the highest scores to find out who would survive a zombie apocalypse is great ... really enjoyable and simple no nonsense fun :D

I think the main issue with Duel is that it is slowly falling apart ... and personally i think it needs a MASSIVE overhaul in the next few years to get back to the standards of 5-6 years ago at least....

2 MAIN issues i have with it currently are firstly that the trommel tunnel doesn't work ... which is a great shame seeing as it's always fun to go through and secondly the fact that those dang blasters turn off about 5 seconds before the photo is taken.... bring back fully working blasters and at least a rotating tunnel and i will be perfectly happy with it for at least the next few years :D

And besides (to my knowledge) there aren't any other things quite like it in the UK.. i mean yes there are lasers and haunted houses but to combine the 2 IMO was a great move and makes it fun for kids, teens and adults alike :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 pm

`Went on duel on the 4th july and lots was switched off inc the tunnel :roll:

The top score sign a great idea if it actually showed the high score!

It stayed at 51,000 all the day i was there which was a bit of a swizz as i got 58,000 on one attempt,

and straight after we went back on it ,only to see the score still at 51,000 :(

An refurbishment is needed i think!

Hmv
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 pm

The sign isn't automatic, you actually have to tell a member of staff if you beat the high score so that they can change it. It is a good idea though.