UK theme parks from another point of view!

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Best Value for Money Fastrack Combo

Sun May 05, 2013 11:14 am

OK when I go to AT I always buy fastrack because I want to make the most of my day, the problem is there so expensive you literally need to sell one of your arms and legs to buy them to get on every ride. Now I find I end up spending arpund 70 to 80 quid on Fastracks so purely for not having to buy hundreds of different ones should I go for the Gold? That's a hundred quid but it may be worth it. Oppinions?
Poop. Always

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Best Value for Money Fastrack Combo

Sun May 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Choose the day when you go then you don't have to get fastracks tbh ;)

Early June & Midweek, nice ish weather and quiet (as a rule)

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun May 05, 2013 2:00 pm

I'd usually agree with Kirsty, but with the smiler opening potentially at the end of may, early June could be an absolute nightmare on park this year.

If I were you, I'd buy the fasttrack scream and just queue for the rest. I understand you don't want to spend he day queuing, but if you eliminate the big three, you've already limited your queue time.

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 pm

these are the ones I'd consider

Scream-£12
Air
Nemesis
Nemesis Sub-Terra

Adrenaline-£12
Rita
TH13TEEN
Oblivion 

Adventurer-£12
Sonic Spinball
TH13TEEN
Runaway Mine Train
The Flume

Silver-£21
Air
Nemesis
Oblivion
Rita
TH13TEEN

I'll deffo get the Silver but if I'm lucky I wont need Adventurer and I'll attempt to do Spinball,Flume,Rapids and the train early on. Marauders Mayhem before lunch then hit X sector, Dark Forest and F Valley afterwards. Do The Smiler first thing. If my plan fails I should have some pennys to get Adventurers. Cool Beans :lol:
Last edited by ollboll9 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poop. Always

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm

If you are going at a busy time, I would ensure that you have a ticket that gives you ERT, and then I would pay extra for Rita solo, and probably Sonic Spinball Single, because those are the two usually busy busy rides, so you get straight on those and the rest you should be able to get on with a normal queue. If not I would pay for the usual Scream package, but nothing more than that. At the end of the day you may think you will be able to get on so many rides and round and round again with the unlimited Fastrack but in reality you don't have the time.

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2013 10:50 pm

I didn't say the unlimited fastrack the gold I referred to earlier wich is once. I probably will go next month on a sunday so I may just get the Silver and do the others before lunch and maybe queue for any second rides :D.
Poop. Always

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 4:08 am

£70 to £80 on Fastracks!?!!? Are you mad? I've never bought a Fastrack ticket in my life, because I don't understand why people need them.  Just plan your day better.

Really if it's value for money you're after, then hire a time machine and go back 10 years when fastrack was free.  That's a whole different story though.  :lol:

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 6:17 am

Lee James wrote:
I'd usually agree with Kirsty, but with the smiler opening potentially at the end of may, early June could be an absolute nightmare on park this year.

If I were you, I'd buy the fasttrack scream and just queue for the rest. I understand you don't want to spend he day queuing, but if you eliminate the big three, you've already limited your queue time.

Isnt June usually when the end of year school trips start going to the towers. I think the best time to go is the first week in Sept as all the kids will be in school starting a new year.

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Lee James wrote:

Isnt June usually when the end of year school trips start going to the towers. I think the best time to go is the first week in Sept as all the kids will be in school starting a new year.

Not if you go a week or two after the May half term holidays tbh ;) Schools like to have 3-4 weeks to brief staff and students around trips...

JonoD
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 12:40 pm

PeteB wrote:
£70 to £80 on Fastracks!?!!? Are you mad? I've never bought a Fastrack ticket in my life, because I don't understand why people need them.  Just plan your day better.

I'd probably agree with this sentiment if I was able to visit Alton Towers more than a few times a year, but for someone like me, this simply isn't possible and I can only ever manage one visit a year if I'm lucky, and given the work I'm in I'd be lucky to get the time off at a time that's suitable for a quiet day in the park.

If someone is able to visit Alton Towers more than once a year and/or at a time that's suitable for the park to be quiet, then fair game to them. Fasttrack is easily a waste of cash in this instance.

If you're only ever able to get to the park once a year and the only time you can get is at peak periods, then I don't see why spending more on a Fasttrack is such a bad idea. If I'm making a 4 hour road journey one way and then paying a £38+ entry ticket, then I'm more than happy to spend some on a Fasttrack to make sure I get my years worth and to get the absolute most out of the day.

The top-tier Fasttrack tickets are way too expensive as they are, but it doesn't mean that getting SOME form of Fasttrack for the day is an idea that should be completely overlooked.

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks Jonod, nowhere did I ever say I wanted a top tier fastrack I said the Gold wich is everything 1 time. I'm not paying bluddy 90 quid of Fastracks bearing in mind its x2 for me and a friend, I'm planning on going on the 16th of June so I should be okish when it comes to queues and just fastrack the big ones. I deffo would not go anywhere near fastracks if I knew that queues weren't a problem and I was going back in a matter of weeks. This is gonna sound really bi***y but when you walk through the fastrack queue and you hear all the people who paid full price entry, arrived 3 hours after opening and are complaining they didn't go on a single ride because of queues it actually feels fairly good walking straight on and get the most out of my money. But anyway that has nothing to do with this topic. Anything over 25 mins I will not queue and actually the only times I have EVER been is in the summer hols with the exception of last year when I went first weekend after in September wich was worse!!!!! In the end I dont really know what to expect but I would just like to know really If I will need the Adventurer. Rant Over  :twisted: :twisted:

P.S I would love to go on a weekday but because of scool I can't. :(
Last edited by ollboll9 on Mon May 06, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poop. Always