UK theme parks from another point of view!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue May 28, 2013 5:19 pm

I don't understand why so many people don't like Rita, it might not be the best themed ride but it still gets 40-50 minute queues yet so many people on TTF seem to really dislike it. I personally love Rita, its one of my favourite rides and when the time for it to be removed comes I will be upset because I love the rush of adrenalin I get during the launch. Post your opinions of Rita below.  :D

A
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue May 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
I don't understand why so many people don't like Rita, it might not be the best themed ride but it still gets 40-50 minute queues yet so many people on TTF seem to really dislike it. I personally love Rita, its one of my favourite rides and when the time for it to be removed comes I will be upset because I love the rush of adrenalin I get during the launch. Post your opinions of Rita below.  :D

Because it sticks out like a turd on a banquite table, not very dark forestish at all. Wish they would paint it a dark green or black  :(
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue May 28, 2013 5:28 pm

A wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

Because it sticks out like a turd on a banquite table, not very dark forestish at all. Wish they would paint it a dark green or black  :(

Ok, it does stick out so maybe a repaint might be a good idea but it is still a good ride.

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Because its Rita ;)

Well it's in the worst area possible and I can't even think of an area which is themed to fit it. It sticks out and a repaint won't fit it. also it's the cars and the theme behind it. I like the colour of it just not in this area! It's pretty basic nothing exciting track wise really, a few turns nothing exciting. It was something to fill a gap really, they didn't put the alton magic into it! Needs some airtime hill and tighter turns possibly an invertion ( but they can slow it down quite a bit ).
Basically all that and other things too! It's  not an awful ride but its no where near a good ride, better ask other people for more reasons why ;) stranglely ( and don't think im saying you aren't an enthusiast ) it is liked among the GP...
Sadly alton won't get ride of a 5 year old rid :-/
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Tue May 28, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 pm

I don't hate rita... Just stealth is better (At thorpe park) - that first corner on rita pulled my neck when i went earlier this month :(

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
I don't hate rita... Just stealth is better (At thorpe park) - that first corner on rita pulled my neck when i went earlier this month :(

See I liked stealth but TS far too short and that annoyed me, hardly worth queue for! I love how tall stealth is, only wish it was longer haha and that front Rita wins for me ;) but it always made me laugh how that have the same tire entrance.
But I feel like I have ruined myself for lauch rides ;) I have been on formula rossa ( worlds fastest ) and my god, you get pushed back even when your head is right against the seat! After that Rita and stealth seem much slower :(
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2013 8:44 pm

A wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

A. Me and you think alike my friend, totally agree with the A.

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Because its Rita ;)

Well it's in the worst area possible and I can't even think of an area which is themed to fit it. It sticks out and a repaint won't fit it. also it's the cars and the theme behind it. I like the colour of it just not in this area! It's pretty basic nothing exciting track wise really, a few turns nothing exciting. It was something to fill a gap really, they didn't put the alton magic into it! Needs some airtime hill and tighter turns possibly an invertion ( but they can slow it down quite a bit ).
Basically all that and other things too! It's  not an awful ride but its no where near a good ride, better ask other people for more reasons why ;) stranglely ( and don't think im saying you aren't an enthusiast ) it is liked among the GP...
Sadly alton won't get ride of a 5 year old rid :-/

I also agree with you too man.

Kirsty25 wrote:

Sorry Kirsty but i laughed at your misfortune sorry  :twisted: ;)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

LaurenceGough
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Of course everyone has their own favourites, and Rita seems very popular at the park, but for me personally it is a bit boring and over far too quickly. It has no real qualities to it other than the launch, just in my opinion.. I like Stealth more at TP for the height and views.

There are plenty of worse rides ;).
Assume the position...

filters
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 3:00 pm

The queue to ride ratio puts me off a bit and I've always been unlucky with it breaking down.

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 pm

For me, it's not so much the ride itself that I despise, it's the fact that it's existence prevents a bigger, better launch coaster from being developed at the Resort in the foreseeable future.

With Alton's height restrictions, launches are an ideal way to generate the speed and accompanying length of ride that would allow a new investment to compete with some of the world's monster coasters - without the need for a towering first drop. Short of the cross-valley woodie, I believe a decent, well thought out multi-launch coaster (Intamin, of course) in it's place has the potential to be equally as stunning.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Theme park fans hate it but the normal GP love it. The fans see the poor theming,poor layout and stupid queue line design but the normal GP see the launch and think WOW and talk about it with there m8's after they get off and have a laugh at each others pic at the shop.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm

It's such a boring ride... Dull, off the shelf layout and has nothing really going for it...

Not to mention the theming (or lack off) and the other points mentioned

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 3:28 am

I love Rita for it's launch but given it's prone to breaking down I'm hoping it will be replaced in the future.

Was there on Wednesday and was waiting idle for 35 minutes while technicians were under the track. And all I hear is that pit stop noise, all the time.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

laniloo84
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 6:19 am

i love Rita... yes i know she is isn't totally turn-tastic but  i personally don't feel much can rival the  feeling into the first corner. i know she needs a new paint job but she is still amazingly fun to ride :)
I love you Rita.... Queen of my Heart  xx

thorpetowersfan14
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 7:58 am

I think RITA is very thrilling but It was rushed and could of been like Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa

redpiggy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:11 am

I just found it rather boring  :|
Yeah it has a launch.. But that's about it for me. I came of it feeling underwhelmed, and that was after not even having my hopes up in the first place.

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 am

Rita is too forceless IMO it's launch is rather rubbish. The corners pull some g but not enough... It was too rushed and not well thought through. :?
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 pm

I utterly detest Rita, and I think most other people here have given valid reasons as to why, but here's one thing I will add:

Tom170499 wrote:
it still gets 40-50 minute queues yet so many people on TTF seem to really dislike it.

This is because it has absolutely DIRE throughput. The queue for Spinball seems to move faster. Rita must be the lowest capacity ride in the park and that is why it always has a queue, not because it is popular.

A lot of people don't bother with Rita and I'm one of them. Actually, I'd say 90% of my visits I don't bother with it and I'm someone who likes to do everything - even CaTCF - but unless Rita has a queue of 15 minutes, it's a no go for me!

C0RR3CTED1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 pm

1. It doesn't fit in with the dark forest's theme
2. You queue ages for a very short ride
3. Yes the launch is good but the rest is too headbangerish
4. It has a stupid name

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member