UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 2611
Joined: December 2010
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:20 pm

i enjoy rita. it gives u a kick, especially when u ERT it. it gives u such an adrenaline rush.
its an enjoyable ride. it fills some time( not alot admittingly) but its fun and thats what theme parks are for.
FUN
 
sully1311
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 108
Joined: July 2010

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:03 pm

I like it too. Obviously the theming is absolutely rubbish, but the launch does pack-a-punch and I love that first turn. To me, Thirteen is more of a bland ride to me and I find Air so boring; its way too slow.

Here's my coaster list:

? The Smiler
1. Nemesis
2. Oblivion
3 .Rita
4. Sonic Spinball
5. Thirteen
6. Air
Last edited by sully1311 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 2611
Joined: December 2010
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Im going to say something now that wil end in me probably getting stick but

i think rita is better than oblivion. oblivion is boring after u have been on it a couple of times. rita still surprises me with the force of the the launch.
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2399
Joined: June 2009

Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:54 pm

I don't have that much of a problem with Rita.

The launch is powerful enough to pull some decent g's and while the layout is quite short and simplistic it is quite enjoyable with a couple of good moments of airtime.

I can see why many enthusiasts don't like it (it's lack of theming and the fact it stick out like a sore thumb) but the majority of the GP love it which shows in the long queue times it always gets.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 769
Joined: December 2012

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Pizzazz wrote:
Im going to say something now that wil end in me probably getting stick but

i think rita is better than oblivion. oblivion is boring after u have been on it a couple of times. rita still surprises me with the force of the the launch.

I find oblivion much better for one its faster and that rush it gives you is just incredible.
Personally i don't like Rita because it doesn't fit in and after going on stealth about 100+ times Rita really seems slow.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
 
User avatar
Hitch
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 101
Joined: November 2012
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:48 pm

I really like Rita, it may not be the best but it is the only launch coaster they have so its a different ride experience. I don't think they should change the colour either It seems that all the coasters are painted black nowadays I would prefer to have abit of variation, If anything should be changed id say the ride cars should be changed to look more like thirteen's!
Image
 
User avatar
DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 386
Joined: August 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:30 am

sully1311 wrote:
I like it too. Obviously the theming is absolutely rubbish, but the launch does pack-a-punch and I love that first turn. To me, Thirteen is more of a bland ride to me and I find Air so boring; its way too slow.

Here's my coaster list:

? The Smiler
1. Nemesis
2. Oblivion
3 .Rita
4. Sonic Spinball
5. Thirteen
6. Air
I think your taking Air and thinking of it as a thrill ride. It's not meant to scare you or intimidate you its a peaceful feeling of flight
Image credit to Lewis97
 
User avatar
Jack
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 pm

I did Rita twice ( :lol: ) last monday, and I must say, apart from nemmy and smiler, it was the best ride of the day, it's just so different to any other launch coaster I've been on :)
Image
 
User avatar
bensaund
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 2012
Location: Berkshire

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
it's just so different to any other launch coaster I've been on :)


You mean lack of power and a huge jolt as it goes round the first bend? :lol:
If you go down to the woods today
 
User avatar
Jack
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1410
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:44 am

bensaund wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
it's just so different to any other launch coaster I've been on :)


You mean lack of power and a huge jolt as it goes round the first bend? :lol:


i've got used to that jolt tbh :)
Last edited by Jack on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
 
User avatar
astralAndy
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 66
Joined: November 2012
Location: Lincoln

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:56 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
bensaund wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
it's just so different to any other launch coaster I've been on :)


You mean lack of power and a huge jolt as it goes round the first bend? :lol:


i've got used to that jolt tbh :)


I'd go one further and say I actually like that jolt! It was a bit unnerving the first time, but after that I kind of like the sudden pull round, you have to put full trust in the ride that you're not going to just snap off the track! And I like that feeling. I actually really enjoy Rita, it's pretty short but fun. It's not the 'best' coaster, or even best launch coaster, but it's a great fun ride! It's definitely fast enough in my opinion, could be faster of course but it does the job. It's not all about fastest ride, as JW always says ;)
 
User avatar
sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 769
Joined: December 2012

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:08 pm

astralAndy wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
bensaund wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
it's just so different to any other launch coaster I've been on :)


You mean lack of power and a huge jolt as it goes round the first bend? :lol:


i've got used to that jolt tbh :)


I'd go one further and say I actually like that jolt! It was a bit unnerving the first time, but after that I kind of like the sudden pull round, you have to put full trust in the ride that you're not going to just snap off the track! And I like that feeling. I actually really enjoy Rita, it's pretty short but fun. It's not the 'best' coaster, or even best launch coaster, but it's a great fun ride! It's definitely fast enough in my opinion, could be faster of course but it does the job. It's not all about fastest ride, as JW always says ;)

I think for a launch coaster speed is rather necessary. If failing speed you could go for a very fast accelerating but i feel Rita has neither its just a slow launch coaster in my opinion.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
 
DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 354
Joined: March 2012

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:23 pm

I like, and really enjoy rita, and will try and ride every time... i just agree with probably what other people are thinking is that rita was a wasted opportunity for a nice layout including inversion(s), or even a multi-launch one that could have come about over the past years or in the near future, but the fact there is already a luanched coaster means alton towers probably won't get another ride with launches as they like to have a varied choice of coasters! I seen the plans somewhere on this forum for a motorbike style launched coaster between duel and the flume in the woods to be themed around broomsticks which would have fit in with gloomy wood, which could have been, instead of rita, and probably better at that filling up a space which would and will be hard to fill with a coaster; just wish i never seen the plans now and keep getting annoyed about it to myself... why!?
Image 2014
 
User avatar
astralAndy
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 66
Joined: November 2012
Location: Lincoln

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 pm

sw7nutter wrote:
astralAndy wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
bensaund wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
it's just so different to any other launch coaster I've been on :)


You mean lack of power and a huge jolt as it goes round the first bend? :lol:


i've got used to that jolt tbh :)


I'd go one further and say I actually like that jolt! It was a bit unnerving the first time, but after that I kind of like the sudden pull round, you have to put full trust in the ride that you're not going to just snap off the track! And I like that feeling. I actually really enjoy Rita, it's pretty short but fun. It's not the 'best' coaster, or even best launch coaster, but it's a great fun ride! It's definitely fast enough in my opinion, could be faster of course but it does the job. It's not all about fastest ride, as JW always says ;)

I think for a launch coaster speed is rather necessary. If failing speed you could go for a very fast accelerating but i feel Rita has neither its just a slow launch coaster in my opinion.


Yup, of course I agree speed is necessary for a launch coaster, was just saying it doesn't have to be THE fastest. Like I said, it could be faster. I just think it's got enough speed and acceleration to be fun, my opinion. :)
 
User avatar
Lillyland
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: June 2013
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 pm

I've been a longtime lurker on this forum, but have joined today to reply to this thread!
Rita is by far my favourite ride at AT. I don't consider myself to be any sort of coaster connoiseur, but i really can't understand why people don't like her!
For me, there's nothing like that feeling of being thrown around like you get on Rita, however, i don't think i'm going to fit in very well here, as i find Nemesis insanely boring  :oops:
 
User avatar
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 71
Joined: April 2013
Location: Not really sure....

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Lillyland wrote:
I've been a longtime lurker on this forum, but have joined today to reply to this thread!
Rita is by far my favourite ride at AT. I don't consider myself to be any sort of coaster connoiseur, but i really can't understand why people don't like her!
For me, there's nothing like that feeling of being thrown around like you get on Rita, however, i don't think i'm going to fit in very well here, as i find Nemesis insanely boring  :oops:


That's fine don't worry about it *cough* security *cough* we are entitled to our own opinions *cough* book her
a correction, because something much of gone wrong in his head if he think that queen Nemmy is boring!.... Ermm....... *Cough* ;)
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
 
User avatar
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3016
Joined: March 2012
Location: South East

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 pm

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Lillyland wrote:
I've been a longtime lurker on this forum, but have joined today to reply to this thread!
Rita is by far my favourite ride at AT. I don't consider myself to be any sort of coaster connoiseur, but i really can't understand why people don't like her!
For me, there's nothing like that feeling of being thrown around like you get on Rita, however, i don't think i'm going to fit in very well here, as i find Nemesis insanely boring  :oops:


That's fine don't worry about it *cough* security *cough* we are entitled to our own opinions *cough* book him a correction, because something much of gone wrong in his head if he think that queen Nemmy is boring!.... Ermm....... *Cough* ;)

*cough*shes a girl  :|*cough*
Image
 
User avatar
Lillyland
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 10
Joined: June 2013
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Yes, i'm definitely a girl ;)
I was corrected yesterday, as it happens :D Which I enjoyed immensely (but still prefer my homegirl Rita ;))
 
User avatar
danny_davies
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: May 2013
Location: Preston

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 am

Rita is a good ride and it is adored by the GP, I remember first time I went on it and I loved it!
However, the launch is the only good thing about the ride! It pains me to think how good a ride AT could have built! Having been on the Hulk, Florida I know what a great launch ride is like and for me, rita doesn't give a thrill after the launch! I agree that the theming is poor and doesn't fit in, tbh I think most people here would rather see it be replaced by a bigger and better launch coaster!
"Stoke City till I die!"
 
User avatar
AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 423
Joined: October 2008
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:12 pm

The biggest issue I have is the theming. I really don't like how the park wasn't original when creating the Dark Forest, they just made Rita look like it was "overcome by weeds". If they had actually completely changed this theming then I would accept it more.

As a ride it is enjoyable, but it is nothing special. Personally I believe it has nothing on Stealth but this is because the 12 seconds of Stealth are mayhem to me. I do like Rita, but it is bottom of the pile!
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 247 guests