UK theme parks from another point of view!

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Why Don't People Like Rita?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:52 pm

Rita gets 40 minute+ queues due to poor throughput as much as anything.

It's an OK ride, but it could be improved about 700% by having lap bars instead of OSTRs - especially as there is no need whatsoever for her to have OSTRs! You'd get some savage air time on the hills (especially at the back), and avoid the first bend injuries.

I can ignore the fact that it's poorly themed. As a coaster it's simply 'alright'. It does average very well. An average launch - faster than family coasters like Th13teen, but nowhere near as intense as her big sister; Stealth and bigger brothers in the states. It does average air-time - a little pop if you're sat at the back, but it's hardly like floating over the top hat on Kingda Ka. And the layout is the epitome of average - the figure of eight. At least Intamin's stratacoasters have intense speed and height on their side. Rita hits 60 mph - which is still considerably slower than a whole host of chain-lift coasters and has no particularly significant drops or hills.

I ride Rita on every visit (providing it's not down), but I wouldn't feel as though my day had been ruined if I were to miss out.
Last edited by ponder on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps

Jason oblivions boy :)
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:16 pm

I think its a good ride myself just doesn't make sense to be in dark forest and breaks down all the time :?

a smile a day keeps doctor kelman away  :moj

Jason oblivions boy :)
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Lillyland wrote:
I've been a longtime lurker on this forum, but have joined today to reply to this thread!
Rita is by far my favourite ride at AT. I don't consider myself to be any sort of coaster connoiseur, but i really can't understand why people don't like her!
For me, there's nothing like that feeling of being thrown around like you get on Rita, however, i don't think i'm going to fit in very well here, as i find Nemesis insanely boring  :oops:

cant see why you find nemesis boring but i have to agree its a good ride just not really good theming
1. rita has a great build up to the launch making you excited and scared!
2. very smooth and has some good turns
only things i could think about that makes me like the queen of speed  ;)

smile  :moj

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Nemmy has bad themeing?! How! Yes it dosent tell the story in the queue and dosent has big lights and spinning disk and but it dosent needed it! The created a whole story, a legend from a ride one that no other theme parks have to able to do! Epacialy to the scale of Nemmy! It got a whole story behind it to the point where it feels real! It now such an amazing piece of steel, it historic it famous it's..., I can't even think of the words to describe it but it has a amazing theming as I said a legend was born with this ride the even had a magazine about it! And there nothing like hearing her roar as you queue to ride the back of the monster! That sound it truly breath taking! No there is so much more themeing and so much more big words I can use to describe and tell you about it but I think I have wrote enough ;)
But please never say nemesis has bad themeing it has some of the best ever! :D
Every ride envys the success and themeing and felling you get with nemesis :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Lillyland wrote:
I've been a longtime lurker on this forum, but have joined today to reply to this thread!
Rita is by far my favourite ride at AT. I don't consider myself to be any sort of coaster connoiseur, but i really can't understand why people don't like her!
For me, there's nothing like that feeling of being thrown around like you get on Rita, however, i don't think i'm going to fit in very well here, as i find Nemesis insanely boring  :oops:
Ohh hell no
Image credit to Lewis97

2pints
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Rita, the main thing i dislike about this ride is the horrific que that seems to take forever - even when its short.
Theres nothing wrong with the ride per say, but the horrific long never moving que, coupled with a ride thats over in a blink, all be it a very enjoyable blink puts a dampener on things.

Wedjie
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 pm

The queue never seems to move.

Also, once you have experienced coasters such as Furious Baco, Rita seems meaningless.
And the launch (obviously its main feature) is beaten by any number of costers...

Thorpe Towers 13
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Honestly...Its fun, its a buzz!!! Love that side of it! But yes...I dont know what it is with the ride, because its been themed to fit in better but yes its not the best AT has to offer. Compared to Stealth its very much in the shadow! But as long as the queue is not insane, I would go on it as much as I could :)
hands in the air and scream!

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 am

Wedjie wrote:
The queue never seems to move.

Also, once you have experienced coasters such as Furious Baco, Rita seems meaningless.
And the launch (obviously its main feature) is beaten by any number of costers...

Jeez furious Baco is a beast of a ride.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Wedjie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
Jeez furious Baco is a beast of a ride.

It's definitely Intamin at theyre best...

Not only does it have great cars, an interesting track layout (launched inversion...wow...) and well thought out themeing.......its launch is second to none!

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:15 pm

I see no reason why they can keep the first hill change the second to a roll you got come good banking in either direction i mean your nearly at about 70 degrees on the turns anyway ,why not just twist it that bit further and theme that the forest did it! Jobs a good un Ritas a bit more than a launch and call it Maude-Rita Twisted Sister lol Oh and maybe because most people in the UK think this when they see or here the name Rita
or Maybe This
Thatcher Knicker down land. Call Th13teen-Sue and then put in a small flat called Bob
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Wedjie wrote:
It's definitely Intamin at theyre best...

Erm, wut? D:

It's one of the worst major coasters I've ever ridden, and that's an opinion shared by every single enthusiast I've ever discussed the damn thing with...

Alex.D
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Because its poo. :P
But the launch is forceless to me, the layout is boring and it doesn't fit. They should of asked Wardley to design it. :L
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97

Deejay
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Worst thing is that Merlin own two of these. The one in Heide Park called Desert Race.

Wedjie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Sam198 wrote:
It's one of the worst major coasters I've ever ridden, and that's an opinion shared by every single enthusiast I've ever discussed the damn thing with...

Beats RITA hands down!

Lefty103
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Personally, I think Rita is better then Stealth. Only because it lasts longer then Stealth, has more turns and the launch into the corner is fantastic!

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Sam198 wrote:
and that's an opinion shared by every single enthusiast I've ever discussed the damn thing with...

wait, so I don't count? :(

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:49 pm

jackandylan123 wrote:
Sam198 wrote:
and that's an opinion shared by every single enthusiast I've ever discussed the damn thing with...

I don't recall discussing it with you? D:

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Sam198 wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote:
Sam198 wrote:

I don't recall discussing it with you? D:

once, in the SB, I remember it was you and danny saying that it's a turd and all that, ended in me getting a ban for 5 mins ;)

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Personally, I don't mind Rita and it's certainly not the worst coaster I've been on ( that falls to a Chance Toboggan), and if it has a small queue, I'll gladly give it a ride.  However, as is the case with enthusiasts, everyone has different opinions on which coasters they like and loathe, which is good as if we all liked the same things, it'd be boring tbh :D