UK theme parks from another point of view!

MizzHanza
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - General Discussion

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

sam_ph777 wrote:
Now the hype has died down a little, would people recommend still joining the smiler queue straight away in the morning? or go on all the other rides then queue later in the day?

I went straight at 9 and it was well worth it both days I went. Managed The Smiler and Oblivion before 10 30 on both days :)
I went to OBLIVION and back, faced my own NEMESIS and it's origin. I flew through the AIR, I played with SONIC but was cursed with a HEX from the number THIRTEEN. I was the QUEEN OF SPEED but most of all I was a SMILER

maliluph
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:52 am

sam_ph777 wrote:
Now the hype has died down a little, would people recommend still joining the smiler queue straight away in the morning? or go on all the other rides then queue later in the day?

In my opinion, the best person to answer this is yourself as it depends on your circumstances.

If you're a regular visitor to AT and travel times are flexible then I would say go at the end of the day. The last two times I've been it's a 30-40 minute wait at 6pm when ride lines close. By this time the park is emptying.

However, given the number of hiccups that the ride has experienced, if you're travelling a long way to specifically to go on The Smiler, then head there first. You'd kick yourself if you left it until the end of the day and it broke down and didn't re-open.

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:22 am

MizzHanza wrote:
sam_ph777 wrote:

I went straight at 9 and it was well worth it both days I went. Managed The Smiler and Oblivion before 10 30 on both days :)

Around 2pm the queues drop for an hour or so to around 40 minutes. Heading over at 9am means you still queued for 90 minutes, which is the average queue time.

It depends on you, but my advice is to leave it until early afternoon. Keep watching the queuetime boards and www.ridetimes.co.uk

luke.eggerton
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:10 am

Yes I agree Lee. I went at Lunchtime around 1.30 and only had to wait half hour ! Managed two rides with hour and half ! Not bad going.

MizzHanza
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Lee James wrote:
MizzHanza wrote:
sam_ph777 wrote:

Around 2pm the queues drop for an hour or so to around 40 minutes. Heading over at 9am means you still queued for 90 minutes, which is the average queue time.

It depends on you, but my advice is to leave it until early afternoon. Keep watching the queuetime boards and www.ridetimes.co.uk

To me its a gamble but at 9 am its quite fun as you can watch the marmaliser (I cant spell) and get totally pumped for it plus the queue starts moving at like 9 45 so you don't feel like your waiting that long. And even if the queue is 30-40 mins later it means you can go on it multiple times like I did! :)
I went to OBLIVION and back, faced my own NEMESIS and it's origin. I flew through the AIR, I played with SONIC but was cursed with a HEX from the number THIRTEEN. I was the QUEEN OF SPEED but most of all I was a SMILER

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Just found out I won the Krave challenge and have 4 tickets and unlimited fast tracks to the smiler!! Couldn't believe it but just wondered if anyone else on here has been lucky to win?

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Unlimited fast tracks for how long?

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:46 pm

1-2 days

Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:06 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
1-2 days

Yes I also won this prize too Danny, claimed it on Monday! It's one day and its an awesome prize I loved it :) ENJOY

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:07 pm

ATfanatic wrote:
danny.g97 wrote:
1-2 days

Yes I also won this prize too Danny, claimed it on Monday! It's one day and its an awesome prize I loved it :) ENJOY

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed yours! I'm over the moon!

Senator
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 am

Can someone please tell me how much smiler fasttrack is because I am going tomorrow and my family and I are seeking in how much it is..

Thanks NickiFan

Michelle
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:09 am

£7 last I heard.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:19 am

I also think it is £7 but I believe it says on the website if you want to check
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

buzzingstar01
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Smiler just stopped on the vertical lift! !!

Joshua_M
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 pm

I recorded it while the ride car was stuck on the vertical lift ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZWwOVGh68

Senator
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:24 pm

That's what the code zero thing was. I was in the single riders que when that happened xD inside though

Thanks NickiFan

buzzingstar01
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I stayed in queue after and got my third go front row. It was nice and smooth with no screeching like a month ago

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 pm

On Monday, I noticed that they had a strobe light in the indoor queue line, It was on the wall opposite the entrance to the baggage hold and gave a nice effect to the queue. I have never noticed this before and I'm almost sure it must be new, as it was pretty noticeable! :P

Joshua_M
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 pm

how long do you think it will last? when i looked at it on Monday the strobe light bulb was glowing red hot from so much use!

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm

With the smilers track record? not long :P